My first PI (experience from a beginner)

For general discussion about EVE Online.
Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
Code Logic

My first PI (experience from a beginner)

Post by Code Logic »

Hi all, I want to share my experience in PI. After watch, the class about PI (more than once) and check more videos and tutorials about it. I decide to give it a try, in my opinion PI is a nice way to get a passive isk income whit a little effort in the long term, since I spend some time trying to understand so I made a little mistake as possible (in theory). In that order of ideas, I train in my main Character all the recommend skills for the class. That take me around 1 week. But also, I give it a try in my two alts, since I do not have the multi pilot license I decide to give it a try whit the min skills, and for the alts use the skill points that the game will gift. In that order after spending around 12k of skill points this is my current alt skills set.

Now I went to adam4eve (Adam4EVE) to decide the production. Whit this set of skills was clear that P1 was the goal, and I check for the most profit one, that at the time of this post was Proteins. Now I check around 70 or mores planets looking at lest for 25% in the resource (Complex Organisms) also check in HS systems around 0.5 or 0.6 and planet size less than 3500 km (advices for the class), but sadly was almost impossible to find my dream planet, and I was ignoring the taxes. So, I decided to change to another production, I did the same process and again nothing. At that point I only must choose to go to LS, NS or WH. Or try something different. Then when I saw some resource more than 50% in HS planets. I check the profit and I found that some products wasn’t the most profitable but also wasn’t the lower one, so I give it a try.

I got to Jufv and search for planets whit around or more than 50% of Microorganisms and pick one (advice pay more attention in the taxes). In the worst-case scenario, I will lose around 5 mill that as beginner you can recover it very fast. Now I made this setup (trying to max the production whit my skills).

The results were for me way better than I was expected. And to be honest as a beginner any easy income for do almost nothing (FREE ISK !!! kind off) is more than welcome. After 12 h this was the results.

I know I need to subtract the taxes that in this planet are 18% (personal note: pay more attention) that is around 675.680 Isk per 12h, in a day 1.351.360 isk and in a month 40.540.800 isk for only one planet. Whit my skills I can expand to and extra 2 planets, so in theory (is a reference, taxes and market will change) I can get 121.622.400 per month whit one alt. If I keep doing this whit my other alt that will be 243.244.800 isk per month, but my main whit better skill can make more isk so min if I use all my 3 characters whit this beginner PI and low skill set my income will be 364.867.200 isk per month, for do after the set up almost nothing. There is a way way more improvement, and the market always change so this number may get higher or lower. The only thing that whit better skills and some time, for example if I do not want to buy a multiplot license, I can buy whit the incomes skill injectors and give it to my alts.
This was my experience; I will keep learning and trying and share whit all but are my findings. As always thx for all the classes, the wiki and any advice or comment is more than welcome.

PS: I hope I made the post in the correct forum.
Arin Mara

Re: My first PI (experience from a beginner)

Post by Arin Mara »

Sounds like you had lots of fun! :)

What are you going to do next? Are you going to train up more alternative characters? Are you going to try to reduce taxation? Will you try to construct higher tier products? Do you plan to open up a production planet that you feed with resources from other planets? :)

Write a follow up Forum Post when you hit your next Planetary Industry milestone :)