PvE using the E Uni overview

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
William Thomas Fulton

PvE using the E Uni overview

Post by William Thomas Fulton »

Hey Skilledbros!

Trying to do missions in the E Uni overview

You all know missions well.
We have to clear a site, destroy a target, mine some resource, or get an item from a container.

There is no single tab to do all of this in the overview.

Common mission targets like antenna arrays do not show in any supplied tabs.
I have had to hack up an all inclusive tab to allow me to select such items.
After selecting, I have to speedily move back to the combat tab incase rats I am not seeing in my tab arrive and moving to me.

Request:

Please give newbros like myself the option of adding a prebuilt missions tab we can see what we need to do starter missions
Rats
Asteroids
Basic structures
Containers
Ships to meet up / rescue.

Thanks,
William Thomas Fulton [wtf]
[Chaos Baby][HSC]
Dain Tarkus

Re: PvE using the E Uni overview

Post by Dain Tarkus »

Hmm... do you know that on the overview, you can right click the tabs to change the preset? Personally, when I'm running missions, I have the Combat tab set to "PvX: Mission Filter," the Targets tab set to "PvX: Salvage/Loot," and the Misc tab set to "= CovOps Collidables."

When running those three tabs set that way, there is never a mission item I cannot see.

~Dain
William Thomas Fulton

Post by William Thomas Fulton »

Dain Tarkus wrote:Hmm... do you know that on the overview, you can right click the tabs to change the preset? Personally, when I'm running missions, I have the Combat tab set to "PvX: Mission Filter," the Targets tab set to "PvX: Salvage/Loot," and the Misc tab set to "= CovOps Collidables."

When running those three tabs set that way, there is never a mission item I cannot see.

~Dain
Thanks for the tips. I can see how you solved it for yourself. I was hoping to solve the confusion in general for future new players.

Perhaps, some kind player could supplement the existing installing the Eve uni overview wiki page to give a few initial tips to new players.
After completing the installation, new mission runners might want to ...

-William Thomas Fulton
Garthul

Post by Garthul »

I must admit it was very counter-intuitive, that even after importing tuned profile, I'm supposed to change presets in tabs as they suits me in space. And I didn't find any info/guide on this specific step anywhere.
ChokoLatStarmi

Post by ChokoLatStarmi »

I would like to also complain. lol

I came into the UNI after playing for two months and 20 different overviews. I have one that works perfect for me, but of course I have the UNI one that I can switch to for class/fleet ups. But I feel like it's just not as good.

I understand the reason is to ensure we are all looking at the same thing, but while joining, all of the intro docs almost demanded I use the provided overview. Perhaps we could change the overview, or perhaps explain the purposes and reasoning for the overview use from the UNI.
Ernesto Guevarti
Title: Sophomore

Post by Ernesto Guevarti »

ChokoLatStarmi wrote:I came into the UNI after playing for two months and 20 different overviews. I have one that works perfect for me, but of course I have the UNI one that I can switch to for class/fleet ups. But I feel like it's just not as good.
Feel free to add your own tabs or re-configure what is shown on the existing tabs (particularly the non-PvP ones).

The only thing that is actually important (and even then its up to you) is the colours/flashies that are shown, and only because it having that consistent means its easier to talk about what they mean / what you are allowed to engage.
CCP Fozzie wrote:Killing dumb people is like 1/3 of EVE's gameplay
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.