Incursion question: Leshak

For questions about PVE, such as missions, anomalies and complexes.
Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
Librarian Errant

Incursion question: Leshak

Post by Librarian Errant »

So I looked on the website for Incursions and there is a lot of good info, and I have a lot of reading to do. One thing I am curious about is if there is any room for the Leshak ships in Incursions? I don't see them listed in the fitting so I am not sure if that simply means they are not doctrine or if that means they simply are not permitted?

Edit: I actually read more on the incursion page and it clearly explains incursions are shield ships only.
"Late fees will be collected in Isk, Gold, and Crypto."

- Librarian Errant
Ann'Dra Padecain
Title: Sophomore

Re: Incursion question: Leshak

Post by Ann'Dra Padecain »

Hi,

There is an Incursion-channel in the forums as well, that may reach more incursion pilots... :)

That being said, the incursion group Warp To Me (WTM) used to allow Leshaks. I am not sure if that is still the case after the resistance nerfs a few months ago.
WTM is a shield-group focusing on HQ sites. The Leshak came handy with tower-bashes which are required in two of the HQ sites.

7o
Cedric Redfist

Post by Cedric Redfist »

The incursion group TDF uses the Leshak in sparse numbers.
They're an armor community. The Leshak is highly demanding for the pilot in terms of SP in order to be effective, though.
You'll need near maxed skills, or else other DPS ships will be more effective overall.

I believe WTM uses them still.
Cassiel Seraphim
Title: Speaker of Truth, Timelord, Graduate

Post by Cassiel Seraphim »

To clarify the incursion pages on the wiki. Some of them have a banner-like post on top stating that this is information tailored to the EVE University Incursion Community and may not be true for public communities.

The shield thing is one of those. We run shield fleets. But like some people commented here, there are both shield and armour public communities, but they all have their own fits and requirements which you can find on their respective pages (usually listed in their public channels).
Yto Itinen

Post by Yto Itinen »

The E-UNI Incursion community runs Vanguards only, where the Leshak has almost no targets to spool on, since most of the waves are just frigates.
This makes it a really sub-optimal ship and not worth using.
Both public communities, WTM and TDF use the Leshak fitted with shield and armor respectively, as HQ sites have many battleships and towers for the Leshak to spool on.
ImageImage
ImageImage