EveIPH Help

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Edswifa Rova

Portrait

Post 2020.07.18 09:59

EveIPH Help

I need some help with the Eve IskPer Hour application.

Either I am setting up the Price update tab wrong.
Or I completely dont understand what is being displayed on the shopping list.

My price updates are set as follows.
Capture.PNG
Price set up

And a shopping list for building an Orca is as follows.
Capture2.PNG
Shopping List

I don't understand why I cant see any of those ores in the Amarr trade hub for those sell prices, which are actually lower than the buy prices?

Also the Buy Type column.
Does 'Buy Market' mean bay at the sell price and 'Buy Order' means set up my own Buy Order?

Can anyone enlighten me please?

AMC Officer ( Hauling, Buyback )

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2020.07.18 16:29

Re: EveIPH Help

I don’t personally use the shopping list, but your price updates aren’t pulling the sell prices. You have “Raw Material = Max Buy”. This assumes you are going to put up a buy order for your raw material, and only updates the buy prices when you download prices.

You have to run two downloads - one at Max Buy, one at Min Sell, to get the market prices on both ends (swap the inputs and download again). I assume the shopping list is using the most recent prices it has for the pull you didn’t do, which are way out of date.

Be sure to do the opposite input on the Manufactured Items on the second pull for good measure too.

Sell prices can’t be lower than buy prices in the same location - the game will automatically fill buy orders with sell orders of that were to happen.
Anidien Dallacort - Teacher, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Edswifa Rova

Portrait

Post 2020.07.19 07:34

Oh so the application can hold both the buy and sell prices at the same time?

I thought when you downloaded the prices you only got what you had set up, either max/min buy or max/min sell for the raw materials.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Anidien Dallacort

Portrait

Post 2020.07.19 18:40

It should store the most recent download of each type, as far as I know. Personally, I run price downloads and extract them to text files, to paste and text to columns into my spreadsheets - so I haven’t tested how the shopping list would react to that. But as far as I know, downloading prices, just updates the local database for your ISK per hour client.

I’ll have to play with it a bit to confirm though.
Anidien Dallacort - Teacher, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Edswifa Rova

Portrait

Post 2020.07.20 22:09

Thanks for the help on the downloading.
I think I need to go do a bit of digging around to understand it better.

ImageImageImageImage
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2020.07.21 12:12

Hi,

since your settings (buying for max buy and selling for min sell) imply that you set up your own orders, you should also set the appropriate modifiers for broker fees (when buying) and broker fees plus sales tax (when selling). You might also add one or two price modification fees (if you use small buy and sell orders which get filled rather quickly).

Otherwise EVEIPH might show a profit while you are actually producing at a loss...

Zoltan

Return to Research, Production and Trade