Are all buy order PC owned or are any NPC owned?

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Rawn Niven

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 01:45

Are all buy order PC owned or are any NPC owned?

I've not really got to grips with the market yet, I just buy and sell at whatever price it there.
I understand it works just like RL stock markets, with buy and sell, but are all buy orders PC owned or are any NPC owned?

I ask because I noticed on https://evetycoon.com/market/971 that it said:

Average Sell (5%): 83.3m ISK Sell Volume: 1006
Average Buy (5%): 61.0m ISK Buy Volume: 9

I might start putting in buy orders for things just above the average buy price and be happy to wait for the order to fill if all buy orders are PC created because to me 20m ISK isn't insignificant.

I'm not looking to make a profit on trading, I realise there are people with a lot more time than me and bots that pip at the post, but any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated.

(Also, I'm based out of Solitude, so can I still put orders in at Jita?)
<<

Drakken Keisterbane

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 03:57

Re: Are all buy order PC owned or are any NPC owned?

Rawn Niven wrote:I've not really got to grips with the market yet, I just buy and sell at whatever price it there.
I understand it works just like RL stock markets, with buy and sell, but are all buy orders PC owned or are any NPC owned?

All buy orders are made by players. Same for sell orders, with the exception of those with a duration of more than 90 days. These are NPC sell orders, which you will usually find for skillbooks or blueprint originals.

Rawn Niven wrote:I'm not looking to make a profit on trading, I realise there are people with a lot more time than me and bots that pip at the post, but any advice or pointers are greatly appreciated.

There will be a Trading 201 class hosted at 14:00 eve time today on the public mumble. If you can, I suggest you attend. I'm sure you will learn something.

Rawn Niven wrote:(Also, I'm based out of Solitude, so can I still put orders in at Jita?)

You can only put out remote orders within your region, with the aid of certain skills, namely Procurement, Marketing and Visibility.
Personnel Officer | Reimbursement Officer | AMC Member | Solidude | Incursion Runner

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2020.05.09 10:25

There are NPC buy order, mainly for the things under "Trade Goods". Similar to their sell orders, they will have expiry > 90 days.
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

Felix Jugo

Portrait

Post 2020.07.31 07:56

Rawn Niven wrote:
(Also, I'm based out of Solitude, so can I still put orders in at Jita?)

You can create a trade alt who lives in Jita. Give the alt a little training in trade skills. A small amount of training can increase your profit margin (by reducing fees and taxes) and increase the number of orders you can place.

Rawn Niven wrote:
Average Sell (5%): 83.3m ISK Sell Volume: 1006
Average Buy (5%): 61.0m ISK Buy Volume: 9

Notice that very few people are selling to buy orders. Even though you would make a profit of 20M when someone does sell to you, it won't happen often, especially because other traders will be making their own buy orders at a price slightly higher than yours. Trading is PvP!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to Research, Production and Trade