Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Sivaira Chen

Portrait

Post 2020.03.27 01:45

New to pvp, hoping for a good fit for a Kestrel

Hello,
I am relatively new to PVP and want to maybe start on some lowsec solo PvP. Does anyone have a good newbie Kestrel fit and some tips on piloting it in PvP?
<<

Lynx Artrald

Portrait

Post 2020.03.27 08:51

Re: New to pvp, hoping for a good fit for a Kestrel

Here is a page with two easy to fly Kestrels, with notes on how to fly them and what types of ships your best targets would be.

It's a couple of years old so you may need to update the fits (some modules may have been renamed etc in tiericide), but the general idea remains the same.

https://www.reddit.com/r/blacksharkcult ... gs/kestrel
Lynx Artrald | ex-lots-of-things
<<

Yto Itinen

Portrait

Post 2020.03.27 14:27

This is more or less the bible of frigate PvP
It's not an easy read, check the abbreviation page and slowly familiarize yourself with fits.

The kestrel can be both rocket fit or missile fit for solo PvP, but the latter is better in a smaller gang scenario. We can type a lot in here, but go out there and pew pew, it will be better to learn by doing :)

Fly fun!
Yto Itinen
ImageImage

<<

Peter Pantaloons

Portrait

Post 2020.03.27 23:21

I personally think that the Kestrel is one of the best frigates with which to learn solo PVP in FW space. Here is the fit that I suggest:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Kestrel, Dual-Web Solo PVP]
400mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Damage Control II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II
Warp Scrambler II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Bay Loading Accelerator I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

Mjolnir Rage Rocket x1000
Scourge Rage Rocket x1000
Nova Rage Rocket x1000
Inferno Rage Rocket x1000

What sets this Kestrel apart from other T1 frigates is the dual webs. With dual webs, you have near absolute range control. You can use this range control, combined with the log window, to make engagement decisions on the fly. Warp in on an Atron and see that it's blaster fit? Overheat your AB and pull out of its optimal range. See a Slicer on short scan outside a plex you're in? Approach the beacon, overheat you AB, scram and webs to catch it when it lands on you at zero. Slide in on a rail-fit Merlin? Use your webs to close the distance so its guns are more likely to miss you. Engagement not going your way? Overheat your AB and webs and burn out of scram range (your armor tank should buy you some time). Additionally, with moderate fitting skills, this fit is cap stable. Combined with the fact that rockets are a cap-less weapons system, the cap stability grants you additional staying power.

Return to Player vs Player Combat