hsc doctrines dicsussion

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.03.24 12:36

hsc doctrines dicsussion

i know there is a thread to it but i cant see it on my non-spy account so here instead

stiletto - pretty good. quite low resistances in exchange for high buffer which is fair enough for large fights. i like the use of the pds to be able to fit some guns to it, that's nice for whoring on killmails but a nano would give some more mobility and speed tank. ionic field projector is an interesting choice here, the vanilla targeting range is 37 while heated point goes up to 36, so im guessing you're expecting to have skirmish links with this although you have a stork as the command dessie which isnt bonused for them. overall it's not quite how i would have fitted it but i wouldnt mind using this

slasher - quite solid as well. weapon disruptors in the cargo is interesting to have, i cant really see many scenarios where you'd want this on your light tackle but not a bad thing to have them just in case. id probably use a nano instead of overdrive, you do lose 2.7% of your speed (3985.4 compared to 4094.6) and it reduces buffer a little but you get agility modifier reduced by 16% (1.6094 compared to 1.9103), which is probably worth it. remember to spread out your modules for heat efficiency, you can move gun 3 to the right to have the empty slot in the middle, which helps a lot. and for the mids id go point, extender, mwd, scram.

kestrel - hm ok, i see what you were going for with this. it is very hard to fit shield frigates well because adaptive invulns use so much cpu and quite a lot of capacitor, but 80dps and only 5k buffer is not really ideal. target painter isnt really the best because they're subject to stacking penalties, if you have more than a few of these kestrels in fleet then they start to become useless quite quickly, and light missiles have pretty good application anyway.

i did try to make a better kestrel fit just now but honestly it just isnt that good of a ship, like all shield t1 frigs. not to worry though, for only 26m this powerful and sexy firetail could be yours!

SPOILER WARNING!
[Republic Fleet Firetail, *Simulated Republic Fleet Firetail Fitting]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer
Counterbalanced Compact Gyrostabilizer

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Medium F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Limited Adaptive Invulnerability Field I
EM Ward Amplifier II

250mm Light Artillery Cannon II
[Empty High slot]
250mm Light Artillery Cannon II

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I

Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S x400
Republic Fleet EMP S x400
Republic Fleet Depleted Uranium S x400
Republic Fleet Fusion S x400
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot S x400
Quake S x400
Tremor S x400

ewar ships - these are all fine except id drop the damp on the keres for a scram, and painter on the hyena for another web. you can get other ships to do that stuff if you want it

burst - i like it. but fill it up with cap boosters, you might need them. and t2 the damage control

corm - this is a sniping fit, i probably wouldnt use it with logi but sure, it works on its own. remember heat efficiency again

stork - information links arent really that good. they're not bad to have but prioritise shield/skirmish. on that basis i would probably use bifrosts instead (information stork is not bad to have but rarely will you have 3+ command dessies), though it is kind of amazing how much tank you've managed to get on this.

stabber - hm, for heavy tackle you want a scram and probably at least one web, of course with shield ships that's gonna be difficult. i'd probably just use a jaguar for this, it's pretty much ideal

moa - good ship choice and fit. but id replace tracking enhancer with another mag stab. if you can rely on combat caps from logi you could also replace the cap booster, but it's not bad to have it either

caracal - great fit, i wouldnt change anything. but it's a low dps ship in general, moa is better if people can fly it - compared to 384 dps after reloads compared to 250 (even with fury)

ewar cruisers - only skim read them but looks ok. though friagets are probably the better choice most of the time

osprey - not bad. but this is better:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Osprey, ***one large rep AB]
Damage Control II
F-89 Compact Signal Amplifier
Reactor Control Unit II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large F-S9 Regolith Compact Shield Extender
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Sensor Booster II

Medium Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster
Medium Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Large Murky Compact Remote Shield Booster

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Medium Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer II

Hornet II x4

Targeting Range Script x1
Scan Resolution Script x1
Nanite Repair Paste x50
ECCM Script x1

if they dont have energy grd upgrades v they can use this, it's a bit worse:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Osprey, ****one large rep MWD worse]
IFFA Compact Damage Control
Signal Amplifier II
Mark I Compact Power Diagnostic System

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II
Sensor Booster II

Medium Ancillary Current Router I

Hornet II x4

Nanite Repair Paste x50
ECCM Script x1
<<

Taylor Moon Mahyisti

Portrait

Post 2020.03.24 12:36

Re: hsc doctrines dicsussion

basi - no sebos means you're slow to lock and vulnerable to ecm/damps. it does mean you can have more buffer which is nice, but it use this instead if you're not sure they wont have ewar on you:

SPOILER WARNING!
[Basilisk, *logi]
Damage Control II
Signal Amplifier II

Large Shield Extender II
10MN Afterburner II
Sensor Booster II

Large Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter
Large S95a Scoped Remote Shield Booster
Large Remote Shield Booster II
Large Inductive Compact Remote Capacitor Transmitter

Warrior II x5

Nanite Repair Paste x100
ECCM Script x1

there are also logi lokis which are awesome, but im guessing you dont want the expense

ferox - id swap the pds for a mag stab and a core extendey for powergrid rig. dps is important

also consider hurricanes - lower buffer but more dps, speed, and alpha. might be worth it

SPOILER WARNING!
[Hurricane, shield fleet dps]
Damage Control II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Shield Extender II

720mm Howitzer Artillery II
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Ancillary Current Router II

Valkyrie II x3
Hornet II x2

Republic Fleet Phased Plasma M x600
Tremor M x600
Republic Fleet EMP M x600
Republic Fleet Depleted Uranium M x600
Republic Fleet Fusion M x600
Republic Fleet Titanium Sabot M x600
Quake M x600

naga - 90% of the time you dont want this. just use tempests for sniping.

vulture - good

rokh - very meh dps, get rid of the tracking enhancer and sigamp for gyrostabs. still pretty meh dps though, it's not that great of a ship but you've got very good resists there at least. consider using tempests instead

raven - pretty good. why's there a sigamp again though? and you'll want non-fury ammo available as well

overall not bad fits generally but id probably go armour instead. looking at all the ship classes id say armour is probably just stronger generally

friagtes - heavily armour favoured. adaptive invulns suck to fit on such small things
dessies - slightly armour favoured. thrashers and corms are good but armour has dragoon, catalyst, coercer and algos which are all pretty good. also shield t3ds are terrible except for shield hecates
cruisers - armour favoured. stabbers have their use and moas are good but the other shield cruisers suck, all of the armour cruisers are pretty good
battlecruisers - shield favoured. ferox and hurricane are both amazing. prophecy and harbs are good but not as much, and the minmatar ones are bonused for active tanking so not good in a fleet. brutix navy is really good but structure tank so not in fleets again
battleships - slightly armour favoured. all the armour bses are good, while typhoons suck and rohks arent that great. ravens and tempests have their place but arent as solid as armour ones. shoutouts to scorpion navy though, and they can hold their own with faction battleships which are about even

Return to EVE Discussion