[CLASS] 2020-01-02 Abyssals for Fun and Profit

Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
<<

YooJin Moon

Portrait

Post 2019.12.03 22:01

[CLASS] 2020-01-02 Abyssals for Fun and Profit

A request has been posted for a class on Abyssals...so here it 'tis! I will update this as the course ware comes together but the below agenda covers the intent for now. The focus is on Abyssal Filament sites explicitly (not Emerging Conduits). Depending on how much content there is to cover it may become a series of classes (likely). The initial class will be enough to get a pilot flying them however. There will be practicals but due to the nature of the sites (1-3 pilots) a creative approach will be required to ensure everyone gets live exposure. More to follow as it comes together. For now plan to attend this initial class and help me get folks stoked to run Abyssals!

If there is another time zone that is preferred for folks please respond below and tell me your preference. I'll look at adding a second round on the 3rd in that time slot if I can mange it (I'll be on vacation so it should be possible). I will repeat monthly for a few months if there is enough interest though I may have to adjust time slots.

When: Thursday 2, January, 01:00 EVE Time
Where: Mumble and Class (EVE Uni)
Duration: TBD

Topics Covered:
What is Abyssal Deadspace?
Types of Abyssal Sites
How to Run Them
Communications & Resources
Fleet roles & fits
Fleet Procedures and Preparation
Q&A

Student requirements:
Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
Access to the Class (EVE Uni) in-game chat channel
Be docked up and in a safe location.

Additional information: This class is primarily lecture, delivered in public Mumble and the Class (EVE Uni) channel, followed by Q&A.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImage
<<

Zhanshi Chen

Portrait

Post 2019.12.04 16:19

Re: [CLASS] 2020-01-02 Abyssals for Fun and Profit

Ooh, abyssals! I've also had experience with T1 filaments and cruisers, having run probably dozens of sites, so I could possibly help out (somewhat?) if I can make it. I'm going to test some other Abyssal fits in the meantime...
"I'm sorry, but I can't make it. Real life calls."

Return to Scheduled Classes