Post 2019.12.01 14:11

[CORE] 2019-12-8 Introduction to Industry (EUTZ)

Most items in New Eden are player made - learn how to be a part of that! Learn about blueprints and what you can do with them, an introduction to reactions, and a discussion on industry related skills.

And while listening to the lecture and participating in Q&A - build something with the practical component of the class (Details below)!

When: Sunday December 8th, 1730 EVE Time - This is the first of two sessions for the day, listed as EUTZ - but all are welcome if the time works for you! - Scheduling Edit - original calendar event set for 1900. moved to 1730 when I noted a conflict at 1900, apologies for any confusion!

Where: Mumble and Class (EVE Uni) for Lecture and Q&A. For the practical component (Details Below), please be docked up in either Shemah VI - Moon 16 - Carthum Conglomerate Factory (AMC Area), or Amygnon VIII - Moon 5 - X-Sense Reprocessing Facility (HSC Area)

Duration: 1 hour

Topics Covered:
  • What activites does industry include?
  • Blueprints - Manufacturing, Research, and Invention
  • Reactions
  • Industry Skills
  • Practical Component - Build Something! (See Details Below)
  • Q&A

Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Access to the Class (EVE Uni) in-game chat channel
  • Docked in one of the stations listed in "Where" above, to participate in the Practical component.

Additional information: This class has 2 components - first, a lecture, delivered in public Mumble and the Class (EVE Uni) channel, followed by Q&A.

Practical Component - build while you learn! There will be blueprints and materials on contract in the stations listed in the "Where" information above. No cost for the blueprint and materials, but the station will charge a small installation fee to build the items (very small fee, but please let me know if you need assistance with this!). The contracts will be EVE Uni corporation contracts, so please let me know if you are attending from outside the Uni as we get started with the class, and I'll get you set up!

Participating in the practical is NOT required to attend the lecture, but please be docked up safely for the class.