Laerith Ashardalon - Osprey
Oh Spaceghost - Rupture
Patchouli Scarlet - Rupture
Shieva Ann - Rupture
Tyrion Edwardes - Rupture
Vishnael Skyhunter - Hurricane
Yrgrasil - Hurricane
Yto Itinen - Osprey
Formup was a bit later due to a traffic jam, devola thankfully scanned me thera and therefore we had okayish hole to oasa. I knew there were some russians, and even better VVV is close by, but sadly last one is chinese and most likely already sleeping. Neverless i had no value set as dest and in my head vvv afterwards.

Kills and Losses

We got in No Value staging chased by a nyx and after two jumps we ran into a fleet of gilas with lachesis, huginn and some small stuff. We got a decent hit on the bifrost while anchoring up, and got him at least around the second shot, but they directly started to headshot me. I'm actually halfway sure they switched the target as they noticed i'm the fc, but the nyx at least didn't get the memo so i died kinda quick sadly.

2nd FC was Vish, but he sadly got the shakes :D and didn't got out much words, so i started to use my alt to lock up the last target (some gila) and yelled to everyone to get at range the damn thing and shoot it.

Well somehow it died, so i can call it somehow a success. Afterwards i should have called scatter, but some bomber was around so i got too greedy and welped the rest of the fleet while sitting in a capsule in amy.

(20:34:04) U-RELP
Bifrost +105.34m
Hurricane -75.01m
Rupture -29.2m
Osprey -19.68m
Osprey -9.06m
Rupture -37.66m
Rupture -27.99m
Hurricane -60.73m
Rupture -23.03m
Capsule -0.01m
Rupture -29.44m
Rupture -22.62m
Gila +326.82m
Rupture -28.37m
Hyena -49.81m
Osprey -14.91m
Rupture -29.95m
Rupture -37.39m
Rupture -37.47m
Bellicose -29.13m
Capsule -41.07m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m
Osprey -19.69m
Capsule -0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 432,159,384.62
ISK Lost: 622,261,370.12
ISK Delta: -190,101,985.5
Efficiency: 40.985%

---

- Getting headshoted sucks :( and yeh i'm a bit salty about, but well its a valid tactic
- next time i'll probably assign anchor to someone else
- an comment was to call the character i shoot more clearly, i actually had this in the newbro speech that all targets are also broadcasted instead and that i'm bad at this specific thing, but i'll try to work on it
- we also noticed that i boosted too early so first 60s not all had boosts

--
will probably write more when i've desalinated
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 2019-10-10 @19:00 Arty Ruptures

Post by Yrgrasil »

Christoph Patrouette actually got the fight on tape, you see nicely how i panic run away and move the fleet out of everything... damn nyx :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwtlB_pv59Q
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

Ooooh I can see myself play Ring a Ring o’Roses with the Gila. Well, until the Huginn spoiled the fun!
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Devola Gestalt

Post by Devola Gestalt »

Thanks for the fleet (and for being the 1st FC giving any credit in the AAR for scanning chains :) )

For my question I would like to put some context first of how I remember fleet actions & comms just before the main engagement:
  • We land the U-RELP gate in QZ-DIZ. A nyx is chasing us.
  • Our scout is already in QZ-DIZ, at the next outgate ? he reported a bifrost incoming ? (not sure about this one, need confirmation)
  • FC orders to jump the gate
  • "Oh, and there's actually a fleet here" - FC
Here's the question: did we overextended our scouting ? I know it's always easy to make these kind of comment after the fight when we have much more information than on the moment, but I think it's worth asking here.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Devola Gestalt wrote:Thanks for the fleet (and for being the 1st FC giving any credit in the AAR for scanning chains :) )

For my question I would like to put some context first of how I remember fleet actions & comms just before the main engagement:
  • We land the U-RELP gate in QZ-DIZ. A nyx is chasing us.
  • Our scout is already in QZ-DIZ, at the next outgate ? he reported a bifrost incoming ? (not sure about this one, need confirmation)
  • FC orders to jump the gate
  • "Oh, and there's actually a fleet here" - FC
Here's the question: did we overextended our scouting ? I know it's always easy to make these kind of comment after the fight when we have much more information than on the moment, but I think it's worth asking here.
So regarding to the BR and some zkill there was actually a French connexion smallgang around, so i assume this fleet was chasing these, but turned around as they spotted us. Regarding overextending i think that was more bad luck, ky warped probably to center outside the gates, while in these 20-30 seconds the gila fleet was in warp to our gate. Since we use mostly +1 scout its kinda hard to overextend actually.

Also this fleet was actually a perfect engagement for us, well without the nyx. They had no logi. 100mn is kinda harsh to shoot, but it would be a nice learning regarding matching transversal. And exactly there stopped my thinking (i didn't knew that with the 100mn of course at this point and assumed mwd+rlml first). So i completly forgot the nyx and called for engagement. A smarter move would be to crash gate in this situation and somehow get the nyx out of the calculation. At least for a while.