[COMPLETE] 2019-10-18 EVE Appreciation: Social Interaction

Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2019.10.07 03:36

[COMPLETE] 2019-10-18 EVE Appreciation: Social Interaction

You've probably heard great things about the EVE Online community. Maybe tales of that community are what drew you to the game in the first place. You might even be getting a sense of it right now, but can't explain what you're seeing. Is it just by luck or by chance that EVE has the community that it does?

No, silly! It's the design of the game!

This is a different sort of lecture where I'll talk about the way the game is made and how that impacts the way people play it. I'll talk about how the power curve of the game, the agency that players are afforded, even the way you push buttons all contribute to bringing the EVE community experience into being. You'll learn the ins and outs of why EVE is made the way it is, and you'll learn things about game design along the way.

Don't miss it!

Attendees are saying about it:

"I've been involved in gaming and even in the gaming industry for many many years (over 20), and so much of this talk was spot on about aspects of existing MMOs that have become really bad, and aspects of Eve that are really fantastic for promoting interaction and, as Adree stated, agency."

"Excellent class, would recommend to literally everyone :) "

"Made me look at Eve and MMO games in a way I hadn't considered. Thank you very well presented."

"Very indepth and thought-provoking, opened my eyes to a lot of design decisions and their effect on the game as a whole. It was a very meaty lecture!"

When: This event has been rescheduled to Friday 18th October, 20:00 EVE Time
Where: Mumble and Class (Eve UNI)
Duration: ~1 hour with Q&A to follow

Topics Covered:
  • Why Play MMOs?
  • RPG Power Curves
  • Input Desnity
  • Roleplaying in an MMORPG
  • Q&A

Student requirements:
  • Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational well before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
  • Access to the Class (Eve UNI) in-game chat channel
  • Alternatively you may attend this lecture on Twitch
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post 2019.10.11 00:56

Re: [RESCHEDULE] 2019-10-18 EVE Appreciation: Social Interaction

Due to illness, this event has been rescheduled to Friday, October 18th at 20:00. Apologies if you can no longer make the time. The lecture will be recorded in full video, so you will be able to attend posthumously.
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Teaching Manager
Teaching Manager

Post Yesterday 21:59

Re: [RESCHEDULE] 2019-10-18 EVE Appreciation: Social Interaction

For those who missed this class, it's available as an archived broadcast on my Twitch channel.
<<

Nienke Solette

Portrait

Post Yesterday 22:20

Re: [COMPLETE] 2019-10-18 EVE Appreciation: Social Interaction

Thank you Adree, I loved the class!
<<

Deli Korsan

Portrait

Post 58 minutes ago

Re: [COMPLETE] 2019-10-18 EVE Appreciation: Social Interaction

I must confess I wasn't aware of the deep philosophy behind mmorg games. Loved to attend. Thanks for all the things you opened in our minds..

P. S. Get well soon that cough looked pretty bad.

Redmi 4X cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak gönderildi

Return to Scheduled Classes