Fitting Tools?

<<

Quanah

Portrait

Post 2019.08.31 19:04

Fitting Tools?

Are there any Fitting tools besides the in-game one? The EFT tool used to be very useful, but now the site seems to be gone. The Wiki lists another, Pyr, but that link goes to what looks like a developers site, and doesn't download executable stuff. I'm not a programmer, so it might be a valid source. However I couldn't see how to get anything from it (probably 'cause it's way beyond my paygrade!)
<<

Yrgrasil

Portrait

Post 2019.08.31 19:15

Re: Fitting Tools?

https://github.com/pyfa-org/Pyfa/releases/latest

haven't checked whats in the wiki, but with that link you should find the .exe (or whatever you need for your operating system)
<<

Raido Kudonen

Portrait

Post 2019.08.31 19:16

If you're referring to Pyfa, I think you may have missed the executable download. Go to the Pyfa release page, scroll down to or ctrl+F "Assets", and download the Windows executable there. Install it like any other executable and enjoy the best fitting tool currently available.

If you don't have Windows, I'm afraid you'll have to figure out how to install it yourself - but then, you kind of brought that on yourself by trying to game on a non-Windows platform.

Hope this helps!
"What is good in life, Raido?"
"To crush your enemies. To see them bubbled before you, and to hear the lamentations of their carebears."

Join Fweddit - Be a Space Chikun!
<<

Quanah

Portrait

Post 2019.08.31 23:07

Thanks, you two. That did help. I just didn't find the .exe file b/c it was at the bottom. The program looks like EFT and appears to have imported my characters from an old EFT file. Now I'm having problems trying to get it to update thru SSO. SIgh
<<

Trew Berserk

Portrait

Post 2019.09.08 19:35

If you authorize Pyfa through: Global -> Manage ESI Characters -> Add Character
and then link that Character to a Character created in Pyfa through: Editors-> Character Editor -> New Character -> EVE SSO (link the ESI character to the Pyfa character you just created)
You should be good to go (I'm no Pyfa expert so if this dosen't help... well I'm out of advice in that matter)

Pyfa is by far the best fitting tool available in my opinion. That being said I would also recommend Neocom II for iOS and android. Neocom II has a decent built in fitting tool, and it let's you kill time effectively on the go :D

Speaking of fittings... in case you haven't already - check out https://www.eveworkbench.com/
ImageImageImage

Our wealth, security and strenght relies on our fleets
<<

Kyle Hargrove

Portrait

Fittings Manager
Fittings Manager

Post 2019.09.09 12:45

EVE Workbench looks great! Didn't know about it - thanks for pointing it out! :D
<<

Athena Firefly

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager
Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2019.09.09 15:06

Trew Berserk wrote:Neocom II for iOS and android

Neocom is only for iOS. Not Android.

However, for Android there are apps such as 'EVE Droid' and 'Evanova' that can also do fittings. :)
~~~ I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar! ~~~

Teaching Assistant Manager | Fittings Staff | ex NSC Hangar Officer

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
<<

Trew Berserk

Portrait

Post 2019.09.10 17:10

Athena Firefly wrote:Neocom is only for iOS. Not Android.

I stand corrected.
ImageImageImage

Our wealth, security and strenght relies on our fleets

Return to Fittings Discussion