Help with training queue

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Colin Cookie

Portrait

Post 2019.08.19 20:30

Help with training queue

Hi everyone I'm new to the forums and the world of eve and was wondering if anyone could help me with a training queue.

I'm planning on getting into null sec ratting but bear in mind I would be pretty much starting from scratch in this regard.

Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
<<

Ernesto Guevarti

Portrait

Post 2019.08.19 21:27

Re: Help with training queue

Look up the "Magic 14" in the wiki, its a good set of ship related skills for all purposes. Will give you somewhere to start.
Daniel Wittaker wrote:You could have a bright career ahead of you in Goonforums. That's some upvote-quality Helldump posting. Well done, sir.
<<

Shauny Tsero

Portrait

Mentor Manager
Mentor Manager

Post 2019.08.19 21:54

Mentor Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
<<

Dexyr Sulvara

Portrait

Post 2019.08.19 23:35

Welcome to the wonderful world of skill planning :twisted:

I usually recommend you train the Magic 14 skills to around 3 to allow for basic fitting & ship command competency, then start training a fairly basic plan for what you are interested in (be it PvE, PvP, Mining, Industry etc). After that move back to training the Magic 14 to V. Whilst following this general plan do intersperse with skills that let you do what you want to do in the immediate. You should never feel like you can't do what you want to do due to skills (for T1 stuff anyway).

This is a 1 week example skill plan I put together for a Mentee of mine, who's focus was PvP:

SPOILER WARNING!
Capacitor Systems Operation IV
Shield Management II
Shield Management III
Shield Operation I
Shield Operation II
Shield Operation III
Long Range Targeting II
Long Range Targeting III
Long Range Targeting IV
Signature Analysis II
Signature Analysis III
Signature Analysis IV
Warp Drive Operation II
Warp Drive Operation III
Warp Drive Operation IV

As you can see the 1st part was just finishing off his Magic 14 skills to 4, he already had most Magic 14 to 4.

SPOILER WARNING!
Minmatar Frigate I
Minmatar Frigate II
Minmatar Frigate III
Minmatar Destroyer I
Minmatar Destroyer II
Minmatar Destroyer III
Minmatar Cruiser I
Amarr Frigate I
Amarr Frigate II
Amarr Frigate III
Amarr Destroyer I
Amarr Destroyer II
Amarr Destroyer III
Amarr Cruiser I
Small Energy Turret I
Small Energy Turret II
Small Energy Turret III
Medium Energy Turret I
Small Projectile Turret I
Small Projectile Turret II
Small Projectile Turret III
Medium Projectile Turret I
Missile Launcher Operation II
Missile Launcher Operation III
Light Missiles I
Light Missiles II
Light Missiles III
Heavy Missiles I
Heavy Assault Missiles I

Next this part was what he was focused on, PvP. This would allow him to sit in up to cruisers in each race using each weapon type. It's not optimal but it maximised ability to participate in a short timeframe. From there I advised he spend a bit of time playing around with skill planning & finding out what he wants to do in the immediate.

Hopefully this gives you a small insight into skill planning!

I also highly recommend you check out EVEMon, a 3rd party skill planner & character monitor. I use it every day, it's fantastic.
Last edited by Dexyr Sulvara on 2019.08.19 23:45, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Christoph Patrouette

Portrait

Post 2019.08.19 23:37

In the very beginning of the game you should not focus on the magic 14. They will add no new options to your game and take too long to train. If you really dont know what else to train, throw one of them in the queue, but most of the time you will get more fun out of the game with unlocking new modules, ships and with that, new playstyles. If you would like to go for the nullsec ratting (which on its highest tier involves ratting in a capital ship [not really supported in the Uni]) you can do that, but do not just dismiss all else there is.

EDIT: Please also consider that ratting is something tedious that people only do to fund the fun stuff. Not the other way around ;-)
<<

Colin Cookie

Portrait

Post 2019.08.21 18:38

Thank you everyone for the replies, they have been most helpful and Im pretty sure I get the general idea of what I should be training.

Thanks again and have fun!

Return to Player vs Environment