Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Cruciatus Shiyurida

Portrait

Post 2019.04.20 06:29

Training for Rorqual

Hello,

I was wondering if it is still worth training for a Rorqual.
I don't have to money to buy one right now, but I would like to get into large scale mining in the future.
Is it a good way to make ISK? Should I invest my skill points into something else?
<<

Atomsk the Elder

Portrait

Titles Manager
Titles Manager

Post 2019.04.20 19:10

Re: Training for Rorqual

If your toon is in the Uni, I would say no. We simply lack the capabilities to defend them. You could in theory mine one without going into your industrial core but they are a pale shadow of what they can do without it. An Orca is easier to get off grid if things go south, and significantly cheaper to replace when you eventually lose one.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.04.25 12:06

Hi,

Rorqs should only be used with a proper supercap umbrella - otherwise they're bound to be a shiny killmail for somebody. Actually even with a proper backup they get killed quite often.

An exception might be in your own WH, where you maintain proper hole control, that is collapse all connections and do not jump through the newly created statics, so the K162s on the other end stays invisible for a few hours. Or even don't warp to the scanned down WHs so the K162 does not even get created. And of course always keep an eye on D for people logging in or cloaky camping and normal scan to look for new signatures (and possibly WHs) appearing.

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/k162-spa ... anics/8767

Zoltan
<<

BobbyRush

Portrait

Post 2019.04.27 10:17

Cruciatus Shiyurida added to my list of people to run loctors on.
Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
<<

Porsche Amarr

Portrait

Post 2019.05.26 09:19

Cruciatus Shiyurida wrote:Hello,

I was wondering if it is still worth training for a Rorqual.
I don't have to money to buy one right now, but I would like to get into large scale mining in the future.
Is it a good way to make ISK? Should I invest my skill points into something else?

I'm going through the same thought process except that I have decided to go ahead with the skilling and make decisions closer to the end. Three toons are most of the way through skills. One has hit Indy Core II and is just tidying up, the others are maybe two months off. At this point though, having spent billions in skill books and skill points, i'm still not certain whether i'll have three Rorquals out in space mining (the recent nerf also wasn't inspiring) - would have to find 24b ISK to start them off.

As mentioned above, the safest way to Rorqual mine would be under a supercap umbrella offered by a few of the biggest alliances, so part of the decision may be to consider where your Rorqual might operate and whether it is your main and would need to leave Eve Uni :-( or whether it is an alt and your main can stay :-) I have no clear plans yet and have it on the list to think about over the next month or two as the later toons catch up.

Thankfully my main is busy training into carriers so there is no pressure to jump ship at this point.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to What Next?