Interest in another Box Tourney?

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.

Poll ended at 2018.08.14 14:55

How many ships should the Tourney be?

5 x 5
17%
10 x10
58%
15 x 15
4%
20 x 20
21%

Total votes : 24
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2018.08.11 14:55

Interest in another Box Tourney?

I don't have a huge amount of Free time atm, but I do have a little and am curious how much interest there is in having another box tourney of some kind?

If you don't know what a box tourney is, it's a small tourney where opposing teams are given a box of random ships, have to fit them out and plan a strategy, and then defeat the other team. It gives people the chance to fly things other than flavor of the month or the same pvp ships everyone always flies.

While it'd be great to do a multi-event one, I don't think I have time for it. I'm only going to have 4 days of in September and considering I work 12 hour days, 7 days a week when I'm 'on', it doesn't leave oodles of time. And I have to keep the wife happy so spending huge amounts of time playing EVE will not do that.

So, new box tourney, yes or no. If yes, How big? I do think I'll keep it cruiser and down, cause if I'm supplying the ships, it gets expensive.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2018.08.11 18:18

Re: Interest in another Box Tourney?

Yay box tourney \o/

Good news eve university Directors are happy to help and have agreed to help sponsor this tournament "tad vague i am i know" :D
sent you a love mail silent so we can help you with this buddie.

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Leonard MeadowLion

Portrait

Post 2018.08.11 20:59

It sounds awesome! If it was on a weekend I would love to be involved!
<<

Ares Dodekatheon

Portrait

Post 2018.08.11 21:27

Awesome. This is exactly what I was looking for.
I would be glad to help if needed.
o7

Macte animo! Generose puer sic itur ad astra.
<<

Vladimir Antonovich

Portrait

Post 2018.08.11 23:45

This sounds like a lot of fun. I'm willing to help if needed.

If it's just 2 teams, then perhaps we can make the teams as large as possible depending on how many people show up.
If it's going to be multiple teams and a tournament, then 5v5 is probably the most practical.
<<

Madam Bojangles

Portrait

Post 2018.08.12 02:06

I'm keen as mustard :-) .

Should be good fun and i could learn a thing-or-two [dozen] :-P

Bojangles

~Fly it like you stole it~
<<

Kirsid Tannaway

Portrait

Post 2018.08.12 04:32

I'm interested, but only if it ends up at a reasonable time for me.

Also, I second the idea of excess ships.
<<

Drebin 679

Portrait

Post 2018.08.12 05:52

I'm also down! Structured fights are pretty fun in EvE, and a randomizer sounds intriguing!
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2018.08.12 11:31

There will only be one for this one, which is why I lean toward 20v20. I also try to have them at 12:00-14:00 CST time in Texas. This puts it early afternoon here in the US and evening in Europe. Usually on Saturday.

It looks like there is enough interest so I'll start looking to see when I have a saturday off. (For those who don't know, I work in the oilfield, on a prototype rig for Schlumberger, so I don't have tons of free time at the moment.)

I should have a date later today, so I'll post an official thread in the events section with date and time. The poll has another day to go, to see what size and once it's done, I'll do up the team list (You will need to know what race ships need filling and pick team captains.) It's really too bad this idea doesn't catch on with CCP. I think it would make for a FAR more exciting Alliance Tourney than watching teams that spent months setting up. It also requires more general PVP skills that mimic quick reaction fleets vs the preplanned stuff.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2018.08.12 11:51

https://forums.eveonline.com/t/proposal-an-alliance-box-tourney/97490

I proposed it to the CSM, for whatever it's worth, feel free to go comment.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
<<

Conci Furiram

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.08.12 12:11

This sounds like great fun to captain and/or FC. Reminds me of the E-UNI cup earlier this year.
<<

Larson Tetartos

Portrait

Post 2018.08.13 03:52

This sounds like a good time, I'd be up for it
<<

Silentbrick

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2018.08.14 11:55

It looks like August 25th will work. And while the poll hasn't finished, the vast majority seem to want 10 vs 10. Will see what I can do.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to EVE Discussion