[COMPLETED] 2018-07-28 @ 2200 Noob Night in the Hole

Forum rules
All class announcements should be posted in the following format: (CLASS) YYYY-MM-DD Name of the class. Once the class is finished please alter the title to say (COMPLETED). If you are interested in running a class, contact our Teaching Department.
<<

Mhzentul Lafarius

Portrait

Post 2018.07.14 00:43

[COMPLETED] 2018-07-28 @ 2200 Noob Night in the Hole

Greetings, fellow capsuleers!

It's that time again! The WHC will be hosting a Noob Night in the Hole class, a fantastic chance for any and all in the UNI to learn about wormhole life, visit the WHC, and maybe make some ISKies/get blown up.

Who? What? When? Where?

Class: Noob Night in the Hole
Time: Travel Fleet forms at 2200 EVE Time
Date: Saturday, 28th July 2018
Class Length: 2 hours (including Travel Time)
Location: Docked up in Stacmon V - Moon 9 - Federation Navy Assembly Plant for travel fleet, followed by a trip to the WHC
Host:
Mhzentul Lafarius

What will I learn?

This class will cover the following topics:
  • What is wormhole space?
  • How do wormholes work? (Jump mass, lifetime, etc.)
  • Security level, timers, and related PVP matters.
  • How do bubbles make life fun and difficult?
  • What is it like to live in a Wormhole?
  • How and why do we carebear? (Combat sites, gas, etc.)
  • Why PI in wormholes > PI anywhere else.
  • How to scout for content such as PvP action?
  • Who is Bob and what sacrifices does he find acceptable?
  • How do you roam when your life is at the whim of Bob?

What should I bring on the practical?

Don't bring anything you can't afford to lose. If you have 1 ship that you use to earn all your ISK and you have no ISK to replace it, don't bring that ship. If you can't afford a ship, one will be provided for you. Let your instructor know a minimum of 24 hours in advance.

Bring any of the fits on this page. You'll notice that these are all armor fits. The WHC generally flies armor doctrines as most wormhole PvP tends to be brawling fights. If you bring something shinier than those fits, that's absolutely okay, but we're going to assume you know how to fit and fly your own stuff.

Wormhole space can be a dangerous place. Try not to fly with expensive implants. You may get podded. Jump to a cheap clone if you're worried about the loss. You can also swap clones at a citadel in the WHC system.

And last but not least, have fun!

What do I do after the class?
Get your Freshman title and join us of course!
Last edited by Mhzentul Lafarius on 2018.07.29 17:33, edited 3 times in total.
<<

Azure Rogue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.14 09:31

Re: [CLASS] 2018-07-21 @ 1800 Noob Night in the Hole

A couple big reactions from me:

1st (and most important) GO TO THIS CLASS! WHC was the best thing to happen to me in my time at the Uni and I miss it (the campus) to this day. Some of my best times in Eve happened with the WHC (I love scouting). I have no idea who the "line member" Unistas are these days - but during my entire stay the community was fun, super-willing to teach, and really just great people to be around.

2nd (and, obviously, less important, but still pretty relevant) take the "do not fly what you can't afford to lose" bit seriously here. Noob Night in the Hole is very "random" - you may get a great chance to PvE and make money or you may be ambushed and win/lose a fight. You won't know until you show up. Even if you can only fly the bare minimum fits, go to the class and just ask for a loaner if you're worried about ISK. You'll be glad you did!

3rd (and definitely least important) I want to say hi to all the WHC members who were around when I was there. So many of you are stuck in W-space and I miss you all!

EDIT: 4th (and possibly a bigger deal than 3rd) it's pretty cool that you only need Freshman to join these days - go get it cloaky-newbros!
<<

Mhzentul Lafarius

Portrait

Post 2018.07.17 03:32

Re: [CLASS] 2018-07-28 @ 2200 Noob Night in the Hole

Moved to 28th due to scheduling conflict.
<<

Spacecav

Portrait

Post 2018.07.29 17:48

Re: [COMPLETED] 2018-07-28 @ 2200 Noob Night in the Hole

This was a great class thanks to you and WHC, I will definitely be looking further into WH life :)

Return to Scheduled Classes