[YouTube] "5 Alternatives to Space Engineers"

Forum rules
Server: E-UNI EEP
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.08 04:59

[YouTube] "5 Alternatives to Space Engineers"

I'm not recommending that we drop Space Engineers at this time, but this video caught my attention, so these other games are worth keeping an eye on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noGnVg_0A34

Dual Universe, in particular, is ambitious, meaning that it'll be awesome if it succeeds but has a nonzero chance to completely flop. From the video, above, I would describe Dual Universe as "If EVE Online and Space Engineers had a baby...."

Planet Nomads will be singleplayer only, so not of interest to us as a DED activity.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.11 13:18

Re: [YouTube] "5 Alternatives to Space Engineers"

I just noticed that https://forum.keenswh.com/forums/change-log.326211/ hasn't seen any new threads since March. That might not be a good sign. I'll try Empyrion and get back to you people.
<<

Turlough Dominian

Portrait

Events Manager
Events Manager

Post 2018.07.11 13:36

I can confirm dual universe is like eve online + space engineers having a baby, I splashed out awhile ago on the 180 euro pack to get my alpha access its only a few days each week that they let people on to test.

Compared to space engineers the multi-play stability is night and day in comparison, if they keep on track and hit the many goals over the next few years will be hard to get me to log back into eve :D other than that can't say much NDA yada yada

Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Events Manager, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.07.11 16:00

For the non-MMO options, Empyrion is looking like a good alternative to Space Engineers, but I haven't quite got a grasp on all the early-game stuff and I haven't had a chance to look at the multiplayer performance.

[edit] I don't recommend jumping ship, yet. It seems that there is still some development work going on with Space Engineers, after all.

Return to Space Engineers