Replacement for EveMon

Forum rules
Discussions about EVE University should go in the E-Uni General Discussion subforum. If you have questions about joining EVE University, please contact our Personnel Department.
<<

Sterling Boirelle

Portrait

Post 2018.05.17 08:59

Replacement for EveMon

Anyone know of something?
SP determines what you can fly not where you can fly.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2018.05.17 09:56

Re: Replacement for EveMon

You have both EVEMon version 4.0 Beta as well as a new project called Cerebral for those purposes.

Both have the same issue as any third party program has these days, with the new ESI-system, namely the authentication is a bit cumbersome. No word yet on when we'll see a solution from CCP, so currently you're required to download dev credentials in order to run third party programs as well as the actual ESI-authentications for pulling character info when running the program will require one authentication per character. In short, doable but more tinkering required to get them working compared to before where we just had account-wide API-keys.
<<

Sterling Boirelle

Portrait

Post 2018.05.19 02:48

thanks
SP determines what you can fly not where you can fly.
<<

Athensold Eistiras

Portrait

Post 2018.09.05 04:20

So how does one go about downloading dev credentials in order to run third party programs as well as the actual ESI-authentications for pulling character info when running the program?
Written instructions or a link on instructions would be nice
<<

Eadrom Vintarus

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2018.09.05 04:40

I use https://skillq.net/ for keeping track of the queues for all my characters. It has a very useful feature where it'll send you a mail for each character as it hits less than 24 hours remaining in queue training time. That is especially useful for all my alpha characters for keeping them all training.

That's just for skill queue monitoring though. For planning, I've been looking at https://levelv.space/login and while still under development, seems to be moving in the direction I want out of a skill planner.

EDIT:
Another really useful feature of skillq.net is you can create time expiring links that let someone have just read access to your existing skills and current queue, making it really useful for mentors to get a look at their mentees' queues and existing skills for helping tailor make fits.
Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
NSC Assistant Manager
PC9 "Tether to Tether" Hauling Service for the NSC
Want to know how to get involved at the Null Sec Campsus? Contact me on any E-UNI slack, via forum PM, or in-game to learn more!

<<

Athensold Eistiras

Portrait

Post 2018.09.05 05:15

Thanks!! They both worked great. Does any program automatically add the skills to the training queue? I assumed that is what EVEMon did.
Again thanks!
<<

Eadrom Vintarus

Portrait

Assistant Campus Manager
Assistant Campus Manager

Post 2018.09.05 09:04

Athensold Eistiras wrote:Does any program automatically add the skills to the training queue?

No. The skill planning sites/tools will give you an importable listing you can copy to your clipboard, and then when you open your character pane to the skill queue tab, where the words "Training Queue" appears, on the left side of that black bar is a hamburger menu. Click that and you'll see where you can import skill list from your clipboard to add to your skill queue.
Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
NSC Assistant Manager
PC9 "Tether to Tether" Hauling Service for the NSC
Want to know how to get involved at the Null Sec Campsus? Contact me on any E-UNI slack, via forum PM, or in-game to learn more!

Return to EVE Discussion