Server: mc.eveuni.org
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.11.26 19:55

why no UniCraft World 7 this holiday season

It's been asked, and may be asked again at some point so I figured that I may as well answer publicly for reference: It's been a long time since we rolled out a new "official" UniCraft world, and the holidays are coming up (I was first asked before Thanksgiving), so this seems like a good time to roll out a new world, maybe even a World 7, where we can all jump into something new again and have some fun... So, why don't we?

It actually wouldn't be a bad idea. But there are a couple good reasons not to, at least not yet.

First, we already have a couple of worlds running: One is FTB Infinity on Expert Mode (link) for those who like an open veteran challenge, and one is Age of Engineering (link) which is still a moderate-veteran challenge and with set goals and tech progression. Activity on both worlds is fairly low at the moment, but that's not really a good indicator of interest; new world rollouts have always brought players out of the woodwork. But until then, these two are still available.

Second, note that neither of these are at vanilla difficulty, and that's because the majority of our "regular" players seems to be beyond that stage now and in fact would likely grow tired of vanilla difficulty fairly quickly. (Which is basically what has happened in the past.) This brings us to the second reason: The current latest FTB modpack (FTB Beyond, based on MC 1.10.2) does not and will not have an Expert Mode. The FTB team is instead concentrating on the next big release, FTB Continuum, which is based on MC 1.12 and will have an Expert Mode. But as usual, there is no specific release date.

Granted there are a handful of MC 1.10-based custom packs out there with a kind of "expert tweaking". But as usual, we would rather wait for the official and well-tested release. Speaking of which, FTB Continuum has started its testing phase earlier this month, so maybe we won't have too much longer to wait.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.12.23 18:55

Re: why no UniCraft World 7 this holiday season

For those who have been wondering, FTB Revelation was released a few days ago. This is their latest "kitchen sink" pack running upon Minecraft 1.12.

However, this is not FTB Continuum, which is the one we are still waiting for. The (biggest) difference is that Revelation does not have an Expert Mode, while Continuum is designed from the start to have one. From the FTB team:

We were aiming to release Continuum, our 1.12 expert pack, before Christmas, but unfortunately, as we started to get into the development, we realized that we needed more time to put out a quality expert pack. So we are taking a step back and instead working on a kitchen sink pack named Revelation that should be out in the next few weeks. We will resume development of Continuum after the holidays.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Shegunna Blow

Portrait

Post 2018.05.16 00:22

Hi all, been a while.

After reading this post I looked up on FTB and noticed It seems to have been made live... today. Huzzah?! Lol, well i figured i'd make a post to give you all a heads up and check back to see if/when world 7 comes around.

-Shegunna
EVE University - EX-Diplomat
EVE University - EX-LSC Coordinator
Has no Responsibilities anymore... WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Welcome to EVE University. My job is to prepare you for leaving EVE University.

*This message is composed of 100% recycled electrons*
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2018.05.16 08:03

https://twitter.com/tfox83/status/996463326702927872

EDIT: where are the magic mod? :sadface:
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Post 2018.05.16 12:18

will it be be running expert mode or vanilla?
SRP Officer | Graduate | Killboard Staff | Production Manager

ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2018.05.16 14:57

Only comes as expert ... and without magic mods ...
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2018.05.16 17:16

Awesome news, and also I'll actually have some time to look into it later today. :)
ImageImageImage
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2018.05.16 17:59

I may have beaten you to it. Currently pregening the overworld.
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Post 2018.05.16 18:13

i assume you are copying the white list from the old servers?

ImageImage
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Director of Education
Director of Education

Post 2018.05.16 18:16

yes, i'm laz ... efficient
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2018.05.16 18:19

We'll be starting up a whole new whitelist with the creation of World 7-0, mostly just for data collection, to see how many interested players we have at this time. I'll start up the new threads (info, whitelist) once the server goes active, which I'm anticipating (hoping) will be this (my) afternoon (PDT).

BTW, we'll also be officially shutting down the previous worlds. Not that they are currently running, heh, but at least the shutdown will be official now.
ImageImageImage
<<

Ariea Thellare

Portrait

Post 2018.05.16 18:40

yeah, i thinks it's much better to keep only one world running

ImageImage
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.05.16 19:02

Put "Seamus_Donohue" and "EGXC" on the new whitelist, please.

Also, to be clear, this will be FTB Continuum?
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2018.05.16 19:09

Dunar Dolorgiet wrote:I may have beaten you to it. Currently pregening the overworld.

Oops, I missed this post. If you'd like to admin this world, then go for it. I'll shut down my instance.
ImageImageImage

Return to Minecraft