About those LogiBots we've been carrying around-

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.10.09 14:57

About those LogiBots we've been carrying around-

Please please please stop shooting the Logi Ship!

We carry along Logistics Bots and Utility High Aux Remote Shield Boosters for emergency situations such as a logi pilot disconnecting.

When such a situation occurs, damage dealers must quickly change mindset from killing Sansha with controlled precision fury to keeping their medic(s) alive. This requires some study and practice.

Emergency Logi Disconnect (DC) drill
0. DO NOT SHOOT THE REMAINING LOGI PILOT! It's easy to do. COMBAT COMMS in effect!
1. Stop shooting. Lock up the remaining logi (or any ship taking catastrophic damage.)
2. Abandon drones. Launch maintenance drones and have then target the logi using F key.
3. Have one or two remaining enemy tagged as "J". Don't kill!
4. UNLOCK the friendly ship being repaired. Then finish off the current wave except the "J".
5. Assess the situation. Wait for FC directions. Maintain combat comms.

Maybe Logan is getting cranky from getting shot by his fleet, maybe he's just always cranky, or maybe he's cranky from washing his favorite pair of pants after last night- but let's review some basics:

* Uni allows friendly fire. Green Safety will not prevent you from shooting your logi.

* When you shoot the logi, you initiate an engagement. Someone can explain all this again but that's how people in the fleet end up SUSPECT in the middle of an emergency on-grid.

* Logi must be prepared to switch to yellow safety to put themselves at risk to save suspect damage dealers.

* Logi must be prepared to overheat Invulnerability shield modules or Remote Repair Modules

---------

So what did I learn?
- When things stretch out late at night and mistakes are being made, it's time to call it a day no matter how disappointed the fleet will be.
- When in doubt, run an NCO first. We started with an NCO rather than an OTA as a warm-up. When things went pear-shaped, it was much safer to extract than had we run one of those three tempting juicy OTAs.
- Putting 4 reppers on someone WILL bring the aggro
- Overheated invulns and with lots of bots on a logi.. logi can take a whole room full of agro
- Armor bots are a welcome repair buddies.
- Scratches in your hull buff right out at the local body shop.

I have more to think about.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.10.10 10:37

Re: About those LogiBots we've been carrying around-

Logan Zauber wrote:When you shoot the logi, you initiate an engagement. Someone can explain all this again but that's how people in the fleet end up SUSPECT in the middle of an emergency on-grid.
It's not entirely uncomplicated, but everyone who isn't 100% sure they know how this works, please read remote assistance and legality right now :)

If anyone reading that still have questions about timers and legality, feel free to contact me via slack, forum PM or ingame mail (in that order of preference).

Logan Zauber wrote:When things stretch out late at night and mistakes are being made, it's time to call it a day no matter how disappointed the fleet will be.
Wholeheartedly agree. Safety above profit.

Logan Zauber wrote:When in doubt, run an NCO first. We started with an NCO rather than an OTA as a warm-up. When things went pear-shaped, it was much safer to extract than had we run one of those three tempting juicy OTAs.
I agree, especially when you have new people on grid as well.

On a sidenote, I'd like to add that I do turn that upside down when I'm running without new people. I go for the OTA right away, first site after undocking if possible. The reasoning for that is that I want to make people sit up straight and pay attention from the get go, no lull or false sense of there ever being a time where you can just lazy-mode through sites and not pay attention. This of course, isn't conducive to teaching a newbro, so I don't do this unless everyone already knows what to do.

Logan Zauber wrote:- Putting 4 reppers on someone WILL bring the aggro
- Overheated invulns and with lots of bots on a logi.. logi can take a whole room full of agro
- Armor bots are a welcome repair buddies.
- Scratches in your hull buff right out at the local body shop.
All good things to take with you, as long as you remember that armour bots are secondary to shield bots. There's no scenario where you'd sacrifice bringing the best shield bots in favour of armour bots. It's always better to ensure we can rep shields effectively first, before worrying about saving time and effort repairing armour. After all, armour bots only make life convenient, by allowing armour to be repaired in site instead of forcing the pilot to warp to a Upwell structure or a station to repair.

Logan Zauber wrote:I have more to think about.
Thinking is always a win, can't go wrong with thinking.
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.10.10 14:28

Logan Zauber wrote:- When in doubt, run an NCO first. We started with an NCO rather than an OTA as a warm-up. When things went pear-shaped, it was much safer to extract than had we run one of those three tempting juicy OTAs.

The first wave of an NCO is perhaps the single most dangerous wave in vanguards. Up to 3 Romis and 5 tamas can spawn, leading to several thousand incoming DPS with very high alpha, applied to the aggro target as soon as they land.
<<

Grune Jaeger

Portrait

Post 2017.10.10 16:50

Analiese Aubernet wrote:The first wave of an NCO is perhaps the single most dangerous wave in vanguards.
5 Romi hard switch in first wave of an NMC is scarier to me when they are close and aren't whittled down on the way in.

NCOs may be a close second when we have Rambo types that charge in early with speed mods. But a fast boosting sleipnir that can get in first and is fairly tanky helps reduce the danger there.
<<

Grune Jaeger

Portrait

Post 2017.10.10 16:56

Cassiel Seraphim wrote:... remember that armour bots are secondary to shield bots.
Pro tip - throw a mobile depot and 2 light armor bots and 2 light hull bots in your Scimitar. (5 spare shield bots are good too in case you warp off without your little buddies sometime.)

As long as your don't have timers and can juggle the drone loads, you can use the depot to swap in a couple drones for touch-ups.
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.10.10 21:36

Grune Jaeger wrote:5 Romi hard switch in first wave of an NMC is scarier to me when they are close and aren't whittled down on the way in.

Fair. I haven't seen all 5 make it within 30km in months, not used to it.
<<

Logan Zauber

Portrait

Post 2017.10.12 01:00

Grune Jaeger wrote:
Analiese Aubernet wrote:The first wave of an NCO is perhaps the single most dangerous wave in vanguards.
5 Romi hard switch in first wave of an NMC is scarier to me when they are close and aren't whittled down on the way in.

NCOs may be a close second when we have Rambo types that charge in early with speed mods. But a fast boosting sleipnir that can get in first and is fairly tanky helps reduce the danger there.

In fact, that is what happened- while the speedy nightmare held up fine it's SO much simpler and less stressful if the fleet lands within a few seconds of each other- the little rats don't come a-swarming on the newbros that show up late while I am trying to get links established and the newbro logi isn't sitting around looking ant the newbro battleships at the gate thinking "I go after you guys". SO the late-comers are not already locked up, I am busy, and understandably the new guys are less skilled at broadcasting. In their favor, they don't often draw agro.

I am thinking about the dangers of the NCO.. and thinking about fleet composition.

I'm learning about learning.
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.10.12 05:01

Short of telling people "oh, you can't use ascendancies," people hitting the site at different times is simply something that you'll have to account for. I don't think that tactic would be particularly popular.
<<

Cassiel Seraphim

Portrait

Campus Manager
Campus Manager

Post 2017.10.12 13:16

Analiese Aubernet wrote:Short of telling people "oh, you can't use ascendancies," people hitting the site at different times is simply something that you'll have to account for. I don't think that tactic would be particularly popular.
Nonsense, people with ascendancies can simply not be so darn jumpy and wait a few seconds before taking the gate. It's really easy, as easy as it is to jump the gun :)

Return to Incursions