Age of Engineering (1.10.2 - World 6-6)

Forum rules
Server: mc.eveuni.org
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.11.03 20:32

Re: Age of Engineering (1.10.2 - World 6-6)

Turhan Bey wrote:Whatever the issue, it doesn't seem to be at the server itself. Not even the Space Engineers server is running currently (hasn't been started up again since the last host restart), and I am seeing almost full CPU availability at the console. I am suspecting internet issues.

EDIT: No latency issues are seen from my location. Connection to the other Minecraft server appears solid and reasonably lag-free.

Sorry, I forgot to post an update.

I contacted Dunar on Slack and asked him to restart it, which he did. Age of Engineering is running smoothly, now.

I'm confused as to what other Minecraft server you're talking about, though. I thought we were only running the Age of Engineering instance, and that the Infinity Lite was permanently closed due to a world corruption error.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.11.05 06:40

The active world prior to Age of Engineering was an Infinity Evolved Expert world, though I can't recall if it was designated World 6-4 or 6-5 or even if it was officially announced for that matter. Only three people really played on it, though. I think it was brought up around the time the Vanilla Minecraft server was winding down, but I can't recall for certain.

In either case, it was the last one I was reasonably active in playing. I tried to migrate to the AoE server when it started, but I found my play time was too limited for a new start so I switched back to the previous world. I was established enough that I could safely play in 5 or 10 min bursts, and without fearing for my life/gear if I had to leave the keyboard with little warning. :)

EDIT: Found a mention of it in another thread:
"There's technically another server running 2.6.0 Expert, for just a few of us who wanted to try out Expert mode but without a lot of others who've already been fully established up the tech trees (a la the Summer Retreat). We're going totally casual and taking our time, and may not play through to endgame due to schedules anyway. (It's only "active" right now because of holiday breaks.) But people are welcome to join if they want a starting 2.6.0 Expert experience."

It has actually since been upgraded to 3.0.1 Expert.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.11.10 19:35

Where is this server, please? I want to compare it to the Age of Engineering server.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.11.10 20:59

I started a new thread, so as to not mix info on two different worlds within the same thread.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.11.14 04:48

NOTES FOR ANYONE JOINING THE AGE OF ENGINEERING SERVER

The facilities at Spawn Point are not usable because they are inside the protected zone. However, you can use the rectangular blue portal to the Mining Age; I've set up farms for crops, oak trees, and sugarcane. It's always high noon in the Mining Age, and thus should be safe.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE BEDS IN THE MINING AGE! Unlike The Winter Resort server, beds in the Mining Age will explode and kill you.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post Yesterday 05:47

Do NOT use Reinforced Chests from the Calculator mod. Reinforced Chests try to allow storage of 256 items in a stack, but some sort of glitch causes the stack to go invisible at 256 items. Breaking a Reinforced Chest destroys the contents.

I lost 4 stacks of CF Powder because of this, which isn't too big of a deal, but now I need to go find more clay.
Previous

Return to Minecraft