We formed up quite quickly, got 2 logies (Burst) around 12-14 Tristans, 1 Atron, and Federation Navy Comet (unless I'm mistaken)
Today we had quite a bit of content which matched really well our fleet composition.
Nothing really cool or special happened.
We had 2 scouts which is unusual. Reason is I often was in situation when T1 frigate dies trying to hold something big and my assumption was that 2 T1 frigates should not spook potential targets if those are T2 frigates or any destroyer/cruiser.
I believe that did work well.
Also I was calling fleet to jump before scouts get a point. I believe few times it ended up spooking targets so will probably not be doing so next time.
Roaming we were engaged by Rattlesnake with Garmur: we successfully escaped them.
The very beginning of the fleet we got a kill Thrasher in UPH https://zkillboard.com/kill/61710597/ +9.3M
After some roaming Scouts got for us Slasher https://zkillboard.com/kill/61711073/ +3.0M and Kestrel https://zkillboard.com/kill/61711092/ +8.2M in Martoh losing scouting Condor I believe before logies landed: https://zkillboard.com/kill/61711071/ -7.4
The best thing was kill of Impel in Kinakka: https://zkillboard.com/kill/61711229/ +283.1M - yeah... juicy!
He landed on the gate with us, jumped into Kinakka... and we pointed him before he was able to cloak. I believe it was a just inexperienced pilot. We were taking heavy shots from gate guns: Analiese bounced first, later I did: I did get reps from logies, but guns do hit really strong so even with logies frigates better bounce. This way you will reset gate-guns aggression and remove logies workload.
Some of us died:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/61711208/ -10.5 and https://zkillboard.com/kill/61711232/ -6.6M - strongly believe we should be able to avoid these loses. My assumption is that pilots saw logies landed their reps and assumed they will stand the gates fire. Problem is that Alpha sometimes is just too high.
Great fleet anyway I would say
In 2 hours of the fleet, half pilots called for the night, so we came back and Jyo Cbip stepped up as FC for those who stayed and continued fights. While I'm writing the AAR they are still in roaming and keep getting kills!
On our way back we had non-flashy Thorax on the gate, but did not engage because we had only 6 Tristans and even kiting Thorax and having 2 frigates was something which I don't believe we would be able to take.
What was good:
- Kiting Tristans are quick to warp, align, hard to catch. We did not really meet something which could shoot us back (other than a RattleSnake, which we easily avoided), but I think Kiting ships have a big potential.
- We used 2-3 scouts checking systems in different directions: I believe this did allow us to do quick scouting
What could be better:
- Don't jump to a system until scout landed after the accellaration gate.
- Pick-up loot from killed ships: we could get around 25M from that Impel only. He did not have cargo but had some relatively expensive modules.
- We did not move very quickly especially in the beginning of the fleet: it was a brief lecture on fleet mechanics
- I got some other feedback during fleet, but don't remember details.
- Only now I realized that once we hid in a novice plex: all other than 1 ship which was faction frigate ... and he could be in danger as novice gate was camped.
Fun fleet! Thanks guys for joining! And thank you for sharing feedback and helping during fleet.
P.S. Jyo, please feel free to add your AAR here or post own one if you wish!
P.P.S. Whoever participated in the fleet, please feel in your feedback for FCC progress report: https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtop ... 8&t=104019