[FLEET]Hair of the dog @18:30 18/03

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed publicly. Most After Action Reports should be posted straight into this forum. If there is an ongoing operation or some other reason the After Action Report needs to be classified initially, post it in 'Classified After Action Reports' instead.
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2017.03.20 18:17

[FLEET]Hair of the dog @18:30 18/03

Hair of the dog

Paddy’s day weekend, as scheduled we formed up a nasty fleet of Assault Frigates at 19:00 ET. We were joined by several newbros in T1 ships supported by fantastic T2 logi pilots. This was my 4th fleet to FC. Xana McBash as my second. Budding newbro with all the right questions Sameer Reza Reza as 3IC. Primary scout the Prodigy Analiese Aubernet, and secondary scout Rebel Empress Tika On. Our beloved special snowflake Coaxster ever present for “khhhiiiillls”. Last but never the least T2 Logi Saints Yuri Titov and Tolbin.

We had a strong number of 24+ total during formup with majority of Armour AF and T1 smalls ships, stocked with drinks and ready to pew.

Our first stop was Agoze. We were aware that this has been a hive of activity lately made up of the Gal/Cal militia. We had reports of a sizable frigate fleet in one of the plexes. I was uncomfortable with the number of pilots in the system not accounting the fleet inside the said plex. With a lengthy consideration, I chosen not to engage even if the fleet was equal to ours. There were too many unknown variables present. It was early yet and I didn’t want to whelp my fleet so soon. We could always come back for them. They didn’t seem to be in a rush anywhere. We moved on with pent up blood lust, the consumption of drinks begun in full.

Our first sight of action was at Nisuwa. A lonely Griffin Navy issue was spotted in a plex. The vanguard was sent forth to hold him. The rest of fleet came in with no trouble and primaried the GNI. To our surprise one brave Maulus slid in to our plex and as quickly dealt with, right in to a fleet of blood thirsty Assault Frigates. A healthy start for our fleet but seconds was waiting for us on the Kedama gate in the form a Coercer and Dragoon in Kedama shortly after. The appetite was still fresh, strong and they fell with no trouble.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/60884566/ +40m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60884749/ +32m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60884791/ +16m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60884954/ +30m

We continued our hunt around Black Rise. Scouts reported of a cruiser gang stirring around Pynekastoh. This was the engagement I needed. I sensed the brimming anticipation from the fleet and myself, after skipping out on the fleet in Agoze. There was a blood price to pay, its soon overdue. Our scouts were on their tail, agonizing minutes passed by. The sense of losing our quarry was creeping in the air. Scouts and vanguard calling tackle shattered the silence. The rest of my fleet jump in racing to the site. Tackles land and several pilots took great lengths to spread and hold tackle. What greeted us were an Exequror Navy Issue, Vexor and Stabber Fleet Issue. The Moa managed to slip away as we were busy with our primary, we were on top of our quarry and they were still kicking. Stabber Fleet issue was last to fall and left his shiny pod to us a parting gift. We eagerly obliged, 1.5 billion pod proved to be an exquisite taste.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/60885999/ +98m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60886007/ +40m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60886025/ +138m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60886041/ +1.5b

We were well sated and took a break at one of the local citadels as we refresh our drinks. Black rise was stirring up with more fleets passing through. A sizable cynabal fleet with logi support was passing through and we knew bigger hunters was out on roam as well. We must be extra cautious henceforth. We moved towards Nennamalia. The Cynabal fleet was still actively roaming and we had a few close calls at the gates. Every single pilot in our fleet proved fantastic at following commands and staying safe and with the group. Not one was to fall tonight and I as FC was proud at the fleet discipline under the influence. Every pilot maneuvered well to avoid getting caught. Black Rise was getting too crowded and we were outstaying our welcome. We set our route for home, holding on to my last bottle of beer, we make our way home with our hunger well satiated.

Placid did not want to be forgotten however, and was ready to serve us one more before the night ends in a form a Harpy sitting neatly in a plex in Vey. The comms become lively suddenly and report of a Sacrilege outside a plex rang loudly. Blinded with gluttony we tackled and applied all our DPS with high fervour. As a T2 cruiser we anticipated that this would take some time but his armour does drop to 50%, meanwhile 4 Guardians appeared on 5AU Dscan. The realization struck me with harsh sobriety. The Sacrilege’s corp ticker was SNUFD. Even more Guardians appeared on Dscan, the successive pops of Guardians breaking warp and landing on grid signalled that a hasty retreat is the only option left for us. The fleet scattered admirably with not a single casualty. I was drunk with pride of my fleet and German beer as we fly back into Stacmon and docked up safe, the fleet has been out close to 3 hours. We haven’t lost any single pilot all night. A "clean sheet" as one would say in a game of Earth football. Comms corrected me that we did have a loss. One pilot named Coaxster who was the one that tackled the Sacrilege and was primaried out of existence. A quick check on his corp ticker shown he was not of EUNI.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/60887569/ +31m
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60887685/ -33m.

Clean Sheet.

TOTAL KILLS: 1.9 billion ISK
TOTAL LOSS: 0....

I want to thank you for all the brave Unistas that joined me on my fleet, it was my great pleasure to FC you tonight. I want to extend special thanks to my Logi pilots who were instrumental to the survival of the fleet. Everyone did great work on following commands. FC had a blast and a dumb smile on his face all night, I hope you guys did too. I would appreciate feedback on the fleet, as it was only my 4th fleet to FC. I know I have a lot to improve on so please post feedback.

I am aware that this report may be more narrative than technical. I couldn’t remember some of the specifics that was not a fight. I was supposed to record it so that I could watch it over and create a more concise report but this all just coming from my terrible memory.

Does the report make it sound like Im a Blood Raider. I'm not, I swear.
<<

Xana McBash

Portrait

Post 2017.03.20 18:42

Re: [FLEET]Hair of the dog @18:30 18/03

I crashed during the biobreak (too much booze, not enough sleep) and the part of the fleet I was a part of is a bit of a blurr, but seeing how nobody died ( :wink: ) means you did a good job as FC.

All in all, this was a proper paddy's day fleet! Cheers!
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.03.20 18:48

FC, going too fast, lost tackle, wat do?
<<

Chagrin Case

Portrait

Post 2017.03.20 20:48

That was a great fleet and a big thanks to the Logi pilots, they were fantastic.
<<

Rezda Nardieu

Portrait

Post 2017.03.20 22:11

You didn't include the flashy punisher that I caught on a plex gate while vanguarding
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60885732/

I'm going to say that this pushes the kills to 2B.

Good fleet Jax, thanks.

The beginning of this fleet seemed to be moving a bit slowly, even for the Uni. I think I was just more sober than the rest of the fleet :)
<<

BatFC

Portrait

Post 2017.03.21 01:17

Wow, what a fleet it was! Thank you Jax for FCing and the two logis for keeping us alive. Few close calls kept me literally vibrating on my seat. I am starting to see what EVE is all about. This fleet wasn't without its unique glitches, it is rumored that some pilots took a shot at a gate and had to warp off (me).
<<

Tika On

Portrait

Post 2017.03.21 04:33

As asked, I will try to find a few thoughts to give :)

First of all, this was a great fleet! You know I like flying with you Jax and I think you did a very good job. Your calls are clear and precise and I feel like we always know what we're supposed to do. The information coming in to you is often pretty dense, especially this time where you tried to give me something to do as second scout, but I think you do a good job of parsing all that.

Also this was my first fleet where no one died! (Sorry Coaxster, this is now the dominant narrative, written, as always, by the winners). This is due in no small part to our awesome logi. Two well-flown logis can really make such an impact on a fleet, it was a beauty to behold.

But it was also due to intelligent calls. That first system there was just a clustercuddle. Wether or not we could have taken that fleet, if there's no way of knowing you won't get jumped I do believe in believing the worst. And you listened to all opinions and then made the call, that was well done. And I think we all did a good job running from cynabals and amarrian bad guys with more logi support than they deserved. ;)

Comms were also great. Especially our newbro asking questions! I love when people ask questions, because more often than not they are asking stuff I and other people may not have known. You are never just asking for yourself, if you get someone to explain something to the fleet, chances are everyone learns something. So it was nice to hear that happening and still have everyone know when to combat comms effectively.

And the discipline overall was very good. Everone aligned, jumped and scattered as called, and turned on a dime when those guardians turned up!

And oh boy, that pod. That really looks very fashionable on our killboards. I have to say, less fashionable on his, but that's life.
Also gates may or may not have been engaged. Since we didn't get a gatekill we needn't speak of that again.

One point of criticism though, Jax: It has been said again and again by more eloquent folks than me, but I need to say it too: Someone who is afk cannot x-up. No matter how often you tell us to x-up in fleet if we are afk, we will not do it. Because, as the acronym suggests, we are away from the keyboard. Just food for thought. :)

Also next time I'll get you that atron and better things.

o7
<<

Analiese Aubernet

Portrait

Post 2017.03.21 12:11

Tika On wrote:One point of criticism though, Jax: It has been said again and again by more eloquent folks than me, but I need to say it too: Someone who is afk cannot x-up. No matter how often you tell us to x-up in fleet if we are afk, we will not do it. Because

Cuz being AFK is a myth, no one x-ed up so no one was afk ;)
<<

Jax Renalard

Portrait

Post 2017.03.21 13:44

Rezda Nardieu wrote:You didn't include the flashy punisher that I caught on a plex gate while vanguarding
https://zkillboard.com/kill/60885732/

I'm going to say that this pushes the kills to 2B.

Good fleet Jax, thanks.

The beginning of this fleet seemed to be moving a bit slowly, even for the Uni. I think I was just more sober than the rest of the fleet :)

Yeah its the route I take definitely. Going behind Placid into Essence has proved to be boring for frig fleets. Next time just get in straight into BR and spend more time there.
<<

Tika On

Portrait

Post 2017.03.21 13:47

Analiese Aubernet wrote:Cuz being AFK is a myth, no one x-ed up so no one was afk ;)

In that case I really, really don't want to know how they do what they claim to be doing when they go afk...
<<

BatFC

Portrait

Post 2017.03.22 09:58

Wireless headphone and keyboard, wireless all the way!

Return to Declassified After Action Reports