The Winter Resort, FTB Infinity Lite, Minecraft 1.10.2

Forum rules
Server: mc.eveuni.org
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 11:41

Re: The Winter Resort, FTB Infinity Lite, Minecraft 1.10.2

Poked my head in yesterday, any of you guys still playing? I realized I've forgotten basically everything I learned about these mods from the last time I played.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 13:26

I have been playing Minecraft less primarily because E-UNI isn't at war, so I've been carebearing in space.
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.11 19:17

Well no bother, I'll probably meddle with things again like I did last time. I noticed that there's no Thermal Expansion in this pack, so what is the equivalent early industry/ energy mod here?
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Teaching Director
Teaching Director

Post 2017.01.12 12:44

Enderio covers most of the functionality. We also have mekanism which provides a few alternatives for the regular stuff.

Sag mill and alloy smelter are the drop in replacements for the pulverizer redstone and induction furnace
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.15 14:49

Thanks, Dunar.

Been having a hard time finding a place to settle down, I just can't keep up my mind. Happy to see some others logging in though!
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 01:59

A map of the Overworld: http://imgur.com/a/SI8dG

By the way, the World Border has either been expanded or removed. Dunar, you may want to check on that, or confirm here that the change was intentional.

Also, I'm claiming the large mountainous island in the ocean south of Spawn Point.
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 03:54

I ended up finding a spot just outside of the water tunnel that leads to the southern ocean. I thought it'd be convenient to be able to easily boat back and forth to the spawn point. You'll see my little house if you use the tunnel at all.

Finally picking a place and getting started was good for me. I ended up getting a lot done today, including finding a big pool of underground lava and finding a couple of diamonds. I'm going to be playing with some of the industrial mods... right now I only have a solar-powered furnace.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 18:46

I'm not able to enter Virond's claimed chunk.

[edit] Correction, it's not the chunk boundary. I can't go in through the door. It looks like I can open the door, but not step inside. [/edit]
Last edited by Seamus Donohue on 2017.01.16 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 18:56

Seamus Donohue wrote:I'm not able to enter Virond's claimed chunk.

That's me. Does the land claim system bar people from using anything, including doors? (There's an underwater entrance with no door too if you look nearby.)
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 19:16

I just realized that it's not the chunk boundary. I can't go in through the door. It looks like I can open the door, but not step inside. I'll try to find the underwater entrance.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 19:20

Okay, yeah. I merely don't have permission to change anything, including opening doors. Thats what's going on.

There's a command for these sorts of things:

/ftb team allies add PlayerName

That can only be used when both players concerned are online, but that'll fix the problem. I'll add it to the top of the thread, now.
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 19:54

I'll add you the next time we're both online! Maybe I should also invest in some clear, walk-through doors like Dunar has at his place.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.01.16 21:21

Isn't the claim permission system based upon the Friends List? That should be another icon to the left side of the inventory screen.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
<<

Jeff Kione

Portrait

Post 2017.01.16 22:30

There's a button that says Team GUI or something like that but the button has no functionality. It says it isn't implemented yet. Unless there's another button I'm missing.
<<

Turhan Bey

Portrait

Director of Logistics
Director of Logistics

Post 2017.01.16 22:37

Hmm, could be. It's above the Claimed Chunks button and used to be labeled FriendsGUI. It worked in the previous versions, but perhaps it's disabled in the newer Infinity Lite.
ImageImageImage
"The first mistake most gameplay zealots make is thinking that the game should revolve around them. The second is believing that it already does."
"Maybe it's just a game. Or perhaps it's a world. Perhaps it's a community. One thing is for certain: If it's only a game to you, then that is all it will ever be."
PreviousNext

Return to Minecraft