Mission Reports - Find Via Topic List or Search

Use this to discuss edits or changes to the wiki.
ElectricHaze

Mission Reports - Find Via Topic List or Search

Post by ElectricHaze »

I see that there are very sparse lists for mission report topics. The lists for Mining Missions and Distribution Missions are very short compared to the number of missions listed in the Missions Category.

Does it make sense to fill in these lists? It would seem that anyone who was looking for a mission would just use the search for the title instead of looking at the list.
Arin Mara

Re: Mission Reports - Find Via Topic List or Search

Post by Arin Mara »

I'd like to see these lists filled in. An overview that you can sort helps me calculate the probability that I'm going to get a mission, to see the variety of missions and consolidates the most important information from each mission report onto a single page. The table columns I'd like to see are: how much loyalty points do you get, how much money do you get, can it be blitzed, what's the cargo's volume, which factions can give you the mission and additional notes about the mission.

It's a lot to ask, but I'm doing something similar for the gases nebulae table and it's really paying off.
Arin's Guristas Mission Expedition: Anomic Burners
Anidien Dallacort

Post by Anidien Dallacort »

If you are just referring to the list of the missions themselves - There probably are shorter lists of mining and distribution compared to security. Skimming the list of L4 mining missions - I wouldn’t guarantee off the top of my head that some aren’t missing, but the list does seem fairly complete.

If you are referring to the lack of data on each mission - I do a lot of mining missions, I’ll pull some data over the next couple of weeks, and see if I can’t get the template figured out to populate some L4 mission data.
Anidien Dallacort - Teaching Officer, Mentor, Sophomore

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ElectricHaze

Post by ElectricHaze »

That is a good point that it is sometimes nice to see the whole list.

I added a few Level 1 mining missions a few days ago. I'm updating new pages as I find that they aren't listed.
Rayanth
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Rayanth »

Just want to give a big thumbs up to you, ElectricHaze -- really appreciate you fleshing these out!

I have, in the past, considered breaking them out into L1, L2, etc tables, but I think at the time the feedback was that it'd be too cluttered. I'd like to see the main table finished before i revisit that consideration, as I personally find it "Too much info" when I know I'm only running, say, Level 2 distributions, to see all 4 levels... your thoughts on this are welcome.

Keep up the great work :)
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
ElectricHaze

Post by ElectricHaze »

At the moment the whole list isn't too long. I can understand that the list might get unwieldy once it gets past a certain point though. The tables let you sort by level though, so that should help if you are only concerned with a certain level.

It will be a good problem to have once the table gets too long. That means that we are starting to get more of the missions entered!
ElectricHaze

Post by ElectricHaze »

Rayanth wrote:I have, in the past, considered breaking them out into L1, L2, etc tables, but I think at the time the feedback was that it'd be too cluttered. I'd like to see the main table finished before i revisit that consideration, as I personally find it "Too much info" when I know I'm only running, say, Level 2 distributions, to see all 4 levels... your thoughts on this are welcome.
I've been adding more missions. These have been both missing missions and additional levels. I am getting the feeling that all (or most) of the missions can appear in every level with adjustments to the cargo volume. With this in mind, I mocked up what a full matrix of missions would look like.

Distribution Example

I will keep adding to the large list, but I would welcome comments on changing the table layout to something like I mocked up.
Rayanth
Wiki Manager
Wiki Manager

Post by Rayanth »

I think that looks great, keep up the good work :)
UniWiki Manager - Teaching Staff
Scientia Ipsa Potentia Est
ElectricHaze

Post by ElectricHaze »

I made the change to the format of the Distribution Mission Reports table.

It is now sortable by level and easier to scroll down. You can also start to see a pattern in the missions.