Sera Black reporting for duty o7
So, I noticed that there hasn't been a Trading class for a while, and there have been many changes to trading recently. I approached YooJin Moon with the idea and have been working on it for a while -- a Trading 201 lecture. I fondly recall Turhan Bey's Trading 101 course from many years ago, which is what got me started (IIRC), and with all this COVID-19 time on my hands I was able to polish up something that may be of use. As such, here's a couple of classes to keep this series going!
This is a class which is a direct successor to Trading 101. As such you will be expected to be very familiar with the material in Trading 101. There will be some time to ask questions, so don't worry, it should be easy to quickly cover basic concepts if someone is a little rusty.
To try and compress the event into a one hour block, I'll be setting things up a bit differently. Details below:
When: May 8th @ 1400 to 1600 EVE time. Class will be 60 to 90 minutes (there will be a 30 min Q&A time) but the class will go longer if, at the end, people have a lot of questions (I don't mind).
Where: Eve University Public Mumble
Duration: 1 hour
- Recent Market Changes
- Important Terms and Concepts
- Trading Strategies: Trade-What-You-Know, Swing Trading, Market Making and Regional Accumulation strategies
- Market Making in detail
- Market PvP: How to deal with other traders moving in on your turf
- Emergency Exit Strategies
- How to use trading together with a secondary profession
- Question and Answer Period
- Public Mumble registration and access - make sure you have Mumble sorted out and operational before the class begins. Use this guide for set-up: http://eveuni.org/publicmumble
- Be logged in with me in EVE[/url]
- Access to the Trading201 channel in-game
- Access to a web browser, because there will be a section on spreadsheets using Google Sheets.
- Important: If you wish to participate in the examples you must be in Hek or follow along by yourself with a market website like Eve Marketeer. I strongly suggest you try to be in Hek if you can, because I am unfamiliar with the Eve Marketeer website.
A link to the presentation will be given in the Trading201 channel when the class begins. The password for the channel will be "serablack".
Hope this class will be helpful![/quote]