Death is a hard thing to deal with

Forum rules
EVE University's usual communications rules apply, so ensure that any topics are appropriate for a family-friendly environment.
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.08.15 08:31

Re: Death is a hard thing to deal with

Thank you all. I appreciate it.

I'm still processing this, of course. I think that's going to take some time.
<<

Eir Geiravor

Portrait

Post 2018.11.08 18:01

Seamus,
I just saw this today, I wanted to pass my most sincere condolences, having lost both of my parents I can tell you that you will never "get over it" but you will learn to live with it. It will take time, sometimes talking about everything but it helps, please look me up in mumble if you ever just need an ear.

EG
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2018.12.23 19:12

Okay, so, as it turns out, the "several months" estimate was the most accurate. I'm slowly starting to get back into teaching classes.

With the long-overdue WarDec changes, I might even slowly start getting back into actually playing, for a change. :P
<<

Adree Jericho

Portrait

Post 2018.12.23 22:25

We're glad to have you back among us. You're a tremendous resource and a great guy to have around! Best wishes and welcome back!
<<

miness2003 mines2003

Portrait

Post 2019.03.28 00:21

it def is
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2019.12.18 07:54

An explanation of my extended absence.

Just to let everyone know why I've been noticeably absent since September 2019....

I had some shake-ups in my life, again, hitting all at once.

1) My Dad was diagnosed with leukemia. Doctors caught it in the early stages, so he's got that going for him.
2) My church choir of 10+ years (I've lost count) disbanded because the choirmaster, the one person who taught me most about singing, retired.
3) I had to change therapists because of (what's essentially) a schedule shake-up. (A little inaccuracy saves a ton of explanation.) Neither my old therapist nor I were happy about that. At least I got a new therapist within a week, though, and we're building a rapport together.

Basically, I've retreated into a psychological shell more than usual, with a very strong subconscious current of "I don't wanna deal with any of this".

It does not help matters that the new Macintosh version of EVE Online no longer recognizes Alt/Option as being the Alt key, and instead treats Command as the Alt key, which causes keyboard shortcut conflicts with Mac OSX. Anyway, I need to start looking into a good Windows 10 video recording program before I get back into videomaking. My Elite: Dangerous videos just use the Windows built-in Game Bar recording software, but I get the feeling that that's not going to be good enough if I want to get serious about videomaking again.

I'll also start teaching classes again... at some point. Don't worry, I'm not leaving EVE University. You can't get rid of me permanently. :P
<<

Ky Hanomaa

Portrait

Post 2019.12.18 11:27

I wasn't aware of what you went through until I discovered this thread today - let me express my utmost condolences and wish you the very best on your path in- and outside the game. I'm sure I speak for all of us in saying that we appreciate you and all your efforts for the Uni and the game as a whole and will support you in any way we can.

Take your time - don't feel like you're forced to play the game when there's "real" things you should very likely be focusing on. No-one is going to tell you the game is more important than your well-being.

Come back when you feel the time is right and know that each and every one of us will welcome you with open arms!
Former Assistant FCC Manager

Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
<<

Gergoran Moussou

Portrait

Post 2019.12.20 03:26

I had known that you were having some real-life difficulties based on your previous statements, but I definitely was unaware of the extent. I hope you manage to get yourself resituated soon because your Q&A sessions are definitely one of the best things that E-Uni has to offer.
Former E-Uni FC (LSC/WHC).

<<

Leonidas Tokugawa

Portrait

Post 2020.02.26 20:22

My friend it has been a while. Please know that you and your father are in my prayers. And the monks here at the hospice are keeping you in their prayers as well. I know you will fight your way back. You have many friends here. We anticipate your return; when ever you are ready.

I took a six year or so absence myself. Or so the calendar and medical staff tells me. I woke up from a coma a little over a month ago. Still cannot handle seeing a ship in warp or any motion picture yet. But I will fight with you and we can make our way back to our friends here in EVE.

To your well being my friend! :!:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Seamus Donohue

Portrait

Post 2020.03.20 10:58

Leonidas Tokugawa wrote:I took a six year or so absence myself. Or so the calendar and medical staff tells me. I woke up from a coma a little over a month ago.

Congratulations on waking up. I can't imagine what's it's like to just lose 6 years in such a manner.

I wish this were under better circumstances, but congratulations nevertheless.
<<

Leonidas Tokugawa

Portrait

Post 2020.03.21 22:39

Seamus Donohue wrote:
Leonidas Tokugawa wrote:I took a six year or so absence myself. Or so the calendar and medical staff tells me. I woke up from a coma a little over a month ago.

Congratulations on waking up. I can't imagine what's it's like to just lose 6 years in such a manner.

I wish this were under better circumstances, but congratulations nevertheless.

Thank you Seamus. It is like I was just talking with you and Gibson yesterday. Yet all my skills at playing seem to be gone.

But I too wish it was under better circumstances. You and your father are always in my prayers.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Previous

Return to General Chat & Discussion