[AAR] WHC Roly Poly ... or how to die Rolling Yourself Out?

Willuw Everquest

[AAR] WHC Roly Poly ... or how to die Rolling Yourself Out?

Post by Willuw Everquest »

WHC had just rolled for a new Bacon; and we quickly became suspicious as we saw a Heron and a Stratios on/off on DSCAN. It had been a slow 36 hours in the WHC campus, and there was a definite hunger for some pew-pew. As we scouted the Bacon connections it became apparent that the Stratios and Heron cloaky Scouts had come from one of the connecting holes. We sent in our cloaky Scout and to his surprise he was met by a Bubble from a Heretic, 2xT3Ds, a Stratios and an ARCHON. . Being a super-cool-skilled cloaky master jedi - Loron managed to evade this fleet easily and kept reporting vital intel.

WHC is not known for shying away from a fight and thus small ships was called and formed quickly as we continued to receive intel. The enemy undocked a Megathron and was about to start rolling the hole. There are numerous FCs in WHC that would have taken the fight to the ARCHON, unfortunately such a fight would have been quite out of my comfort zone. So, instead the basic plan was as follow:

(1) Fleet stays on .Bacon (Inside our home system one jump from fight (think on the other side of the gate for non-wormholers).
(2) Scout reports when Mega Jumps through
(3) We take Fleet to engage and bump the Mega off the hole.
(4) DD focus fire on Mega, Retri/Slicers defang and cloaky Tengu Scout stay cloaked to ensure isk efficiency.

Amazingly, this is exactly what happened and we made short order of the Mega within a few minutes. We were then blessed, to our surprise, with a a second Megathron that may NOT have received the MEMO as to what was going on the other side. Said Megathron not only jumped the hole, but BONUS also rolled themselves out :) Small Ships again made short order of this engagement.

Lastly - and due to CCPs insistence to not have Logi on Killmails - HUGE SHOUT OUT to Macilles and Eir for LOGI support - you guys are rock stars!

Also- If I forgot anyone, I suck and apologize.

https://zkillboard.com/related/31000904/201910112300/

Roam members (12)
Spoiler
Canbti Remuw - Imperial Navy Slicer
Cedric Redfist - Republic Fleet Firetail
Deke Chipri
Eir Geiravor - Deacon
Erywin Chelien - Imperial Navy Slicer
Lennart Garsk - Cloaky Scout
Loron Garns - Enyo
Macilles - Deacon
Ran Rotsuda - Tengu
Tori Moliko - Retribution
Tyrion Edwardes - Enyo
Zemballa Aideron - Tengu Scout
Willuw Everquest - Enyo
Kills and Losses

(23:22:10) J100932
Megathron +244.04m
Capsule +0.01m

(23:28:52) J100932
Megathron +238.76m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 482,820,296.65
ISK Lost: 0
ISK Delta: 482,820,296.65
Efficiency: 100%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)
    I finally overcame my fear of FCing
    We didn't lose anyone
    INTEL IS LIFE and we had AWESOME INTEL (Yay Scouts)
    Did I mention Logi rocks?
    (Negative stuff)
    I am still hesitant to FC, as I feel that I am nowhere as experienced as many in WHC. (It took me 5 minutes to finally step up while secretly hoping someone else would).
    Not familiar enough with Capital Ships for engagement profile
Last edited by Willuw Everquest on 2019.10.12 11:29, edited 1 time in total.
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Tori Moliko
Title: Graduate, Student Advocate, WHC Logistics Officer

Re: [AAR] WHC Roly Poly ... or how to die Rolling Yourself Out?

Post by Tori Moliko »

Willuw, nice work. You thought up a plan on the fly and executed it. I wasn't logged into Tori yet when you made the decision to go, but it was not to be missed so I jumped in. Other good moves by you in the heat of the moment:

1) Making sure to have the slicer and retri defang;
2) Making sure people kept trying for bumps after the initial bump;
3) Not jumping the whole fleet through the hole to get plastered by the waiting carrier.
Image Image Image Image Image
Ana'ander Lamora

Post by Ana'ander Lamora »

sorry to have missed this and glad to see you getting out there FCg Willuw!
Rose Alice

Post by Rose Alice »

It looks like everyone did an amazing work. Good work every. Especially the frig logi, you have to be super on the ball with with so little buffer on the other frigs