Julien Alaphilippe - Vexor
Ky Hanomaa - Vexor
Revin Plaude - Exequror
Vishnael Skyhunter - Vexor
Yrgrasil - Myrmidon
Yto Itinen - Exequror
Zmeja - Slasher
Kills and Losses
This time we had a wormhole to http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/Geminate/P-6I0B#npc in Geminate, and Horde Staging was around 15j away, so after the usual awful newbro speech we took the hole and headed towards http://evemaps.dotlan.net/map/The_Kalev ... BGMZ-0#npc.

On the way there were some ratters around, but scout wasn't able to land in time, on the way we saw at least a industrial cyno and took the free meal. Note here it was actually on a fort, which could have ended badly for our drones if someone had found the Point Defense button...

(19:34:03) Q-TBHW
Iteron Mark V +3.39m

At around half the way we got new friends in form of a sabre and something else, i really didn't wanted actually to take a fight after a gate jump, since the 100mn fits are kinda awful if they have to burn first to the anchor.
They started midly slowly to trickle in mainly with typhoons and some tackle, but at least a leshak quickly joined the fight. In the beginning i choosed to get some transversal up, but as they got more and more on grid i started to align to the outgate and called the scout to make us a ping near the gate since i expected bubbles.

Logi held incredibly well, so we could slowly burn through the targets. At some point i called a Dominix and Leshak, since the Dominix was Hulltank and also was falling behind we scratched that and tried to get through something else.
If i remember right their devoter and at least one sabre bubbled us, so we couldn't warp out directly. The Bhaal neuted most of the time the logi and most likely slowed people down, so we slowly lost people.

With the remaining 2 vexors, 2 exeqs, myrm and our tackle we warped to the ping and ended the fight.

Sidenote: i called twice? to switch drones to lights to try to get rid of the sabre at least, here would be a hyena have done an amazing job. Actually i think it would even been helpful for the chasing battleships to keep the bhaal etc out. So next time i probably try more to get one actually. For the most time the leshaks was tracking disrupted, so i think the TDs did a good job.

(19:39:41) 9P4O-F
Vexor -23.69m
Typhoon +246.16m
Vexor -26.88m
Typhoon +226.54m
Keres -54.54m
Exequror -30.09m
Vexor -26.72m
Exequror -25.82m
Exequror -31.04m
Myrmidon -75.23m
Capsule -0.01m
Myrmidon -75.23m
Vexor -31.49m
Vexor -25.54m
Capsule -0.01m
Capsule -0.01m

BR: https://zkillboard.com/related/30002472/201910031900/

While trying to bring the remaining ships back some phoon chased us still, as we jumped out before i saw any of the others in local of the previous system i gave it a try and we send the drones on him. There he just crashed the gate and we headed onwards.

2-3 Systems later they tried it again, this time a malediction and sabre were with him, so we don't really had a chance to just run. Thankfully the backup was still further away and we could break the typhoon. While i watched the sabre, i called our scout to warp, so i could try to fleet warp the remaining people off, only one exeq got cought.

(20:05:12) 6L78-1
Typhoon +230.07m
Exequror -23.57m

Rest was just warping back, and 4 survivors can now tell the story of the battle in 9P4O-F

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 706,156,997.01
ISK Lost: 449,868,699.7
ISK Delta: 256,288,297.31
Efficiency: 61.085%

--

- i enjoyed the fleet fight a lot, not sure if we could have somehow get more out of it, maybe i should not have tried to go for the leshak for example.
- the fits i had on contract were slightly broken, somehow i forgot light drones on the vexors and the navy cap boosters on the exeqs.
- our newbro died first sadly, but at least he got on the killmail
- the logi pilots told me they were basically eating the cap boosters, i was somehow expecting that, but maybe i can work a bit with the fits to get some better result.
- somehow some alpha vexors died without cap boosters left, not sure if they just removed them from cargo or ate all 36 - but there is probably also some tweaks for our newbros i can do.
- a hyena would be in this particular engagement really nice, with boosts and heat that thing should be easily keep bhaals and other nasty stuff away. So next time together with an keres it would be wonderful.
- during the first engagement i didn't told the people who were further outside to turn on AB early enough, should've done that actually.
Erwin Madelung
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] 2019-10-03 @18:30 100MN Vexors

Post by Erwin Madelung »

Good fleet with a nice fight.

- i enjoyed the fleet fight a lot, not sure if we could have somehow get more out of it, maybe i should not have tried to go for the leshak for example
Maybe the leshak, maybe the Nestor, maybe disengage and regroup after the second typhoon kill. I also think that we could have killled the domi if we stayed on it.edit: the devoter might have been an option as primary too. After all he cannot receive remote reps with the bubble active. Its a bit problematic as they are usually super tanky.
- a hyena would be in this particular engagement really nice, with boosts and heat that thing should be easily keep bhaals and other nasty stuff away. So next time together with an keres it would be wonderful
A hyena is always nice in such a sized fleet. Huginn would also be nice but has an inappropriate pricetag. I would advice to ask for an hyena when you post for the fleet and tell him to contact you before the fleet to explain what you expect from him. Ships like keres and hyena are a lot of fun to fly. I'm not sure but I suspect that our keres could have warped out instead of dying. Those are the advanced techniques to realky be efficent. The hostiles are distracted by a keres or hyena they ping out and in and annoy again.
Logi held incredibly well, so we could slowly burn through the targets
We had a full set of armor command burst with decent skills. That makes a good bit of a difference. Good that you have those myrms in the comp. Highlights the importance of command bursts to new pilots. Sadly it's a bit difficult to skill into them for new pilots.
For the most time the leshaks was tracking disrupted, so i think the TDs did a good job.
The leshak was the perfect target for range disruption.
- the logi pilots told me they were basically eating the cap boosters, i was somehow expecting that, but maybe i can work a bit with the fits to get some better result.
The low skills of new characters are a bit of a problem on exequs. That's why Blap vexors are with augorors. I think those don't really work with100 mn though. Standard mindflood are relatively cheap and help with cap. Maybe those are an option.

Regarding the 100mn I'm not fully sold. I think 50mn MWDs would have performed as well or better.

Overall a fun fleet, I will join again if I get the chance.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Erwin Madelung wrote:Good fleet with a nice fight.

- i enjoyed the fleet fight a lot, not sure if we could have somehow get more out of it, maybe i should not have tried to go for the leshak for example
Maybe the leshak, maybe the Nestor, maybe disengage and regroup after the second typhoon kill. I also think that we could have killled the domi if we stayed on it.edit: the devoter might have been an option as primary too. After all he cannot receive remote reps with the bubble active. Its a bit problematic as they are usually super tanky.
The problem with the domi was that i he was already far behind (70-80km), i had to decide if we turn at this point or switch target. And turning was regarding the stuff on grid not really an option imho. Nestor was actually also kinda far behind, and i think all were self rep, so the nestor was perhabs only in the beginning repping and not relevant anymore.
Erwin Madelung wrote:
We had a full set of armor command burst with decent skills. That makes a good bit of a difference. Good that you have those myrms in the comp. Highlights the importance of command bursts to new pilots. Sadly it's a bit difficult to skill into them for new pilots.
Its actually not that much, even a pilot with just leadership 3 and t1 boosts is better then no boosts, assuming he can fly the bc at least decently.

Erwin Madelung wrote:
For the most time the leshaks was tracking disrupted, so i think the TDs did a good job.
The leshak was the perfect target for range disruption.
The low skills of new characters are a bit of a problem on exequs. That's why Blap vexors are with augorors. I think those don't really work with100 mn though. Standard mindflood are relatively cheap and help with cap. Maybe those are an option.
Yeh i will consider drugs in the next run actually, the exeqs were flagged as omega fits in the fleet post and i also not even tried to put newbros in. Also you are right, 100mn augs don't really work.

Erwin Madelung wrote: Regarding the 100mn I'm not fully sold. I think 50mn MWDs would have performed as well or better.

Overall a fun fleet, I will join again if I get the chance.
We were really lucky to fight against bs in this engagement since even the rapid heavies only applied for 1/4 of their damage (not considering webs, boosts etc). If we had the same engagement with 50mn we had only the chance to stay out of 60km else we would just eat the full 800dps from each typhoon actually. So it would be kiting around without them having a chance to shoot back until someone mades a mistake and then with kinda low chance of holding reps.
Devola Gestalt

Post by Devola Gestalt »

Yrgrasil wrote:the logi pilots told me they were basically eating the cap boosters
About that, it might be worth telling people to train "Fuel conservation" a couple levels prior any oversized AB fleet. This makes very little difference for 10MN AB on cruisers, but saves a massive 2.5GJ/s per level for 100MN. Some unistas might have never trained that. /me lowers her eyes in shame.
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Devola Gestalt wrote:
Yrgrasil wrote:the logi pilots told me they were basically eating the cap boosters
About that, it might be worth telling people to train "Fuel conservation" a couple levels prior any oversized AB fleet. This makes very little difference for 10MN AB on cruisers, but saves a massive 2.5GJ/s per level for 100MN. Some unistas might have never trained that. /me lowers her eyes in shame.
uh that would be smart, i actually assumed it was part of the BLAP skillplan since the vexors use ab there. But looks like it isn't. I try to make me a note
Erwin Madelung
BANNED
BANNED
Title: Solitude Officer, Sophomore

Post by Erwin Madelung »

Yrgrasil wrote:
Erwin Madelung wrote:
Its actually not that much, even a pilot with just leadership 3 and t1 boosts is better then no boosts, assuming he can fly the bc at least decently.
Wasn't meant that the skill level is that important. Was more that the command bursts burst the logi performance a good bit. Who would have thought with that name :D The decent skills were more nice on top. T2 vs T1 links are a good bit of a difference though. And for a truly new player those level 5 skills guarding them is annoying if the new player also wants to train into something else. It's much easier to get a new player into a Keres or Hyena imho.