Canbti Remuw - Augoror Navy Issue
Gergoran Moussou - Augoror Navy Issue
Hannah Onasi - Augoror
Marcus Arilia - Brutix
Savannah Tokila - Augoror
Sone Eto - Prophecy
Zako Maken - Vexor Navy Issue

Quick and dirty:

Quiet night, EOL eggs and played out bacon. ROLL EM'! Roll eggs and poke our nose in bacon before we roll it. "sabre, venture, astero on D". We find the astero CLEARING A GAS SITE, very interesting. Form a few Small Ships DD and tried to make a perch quickly to catch astero, but I was too slow.

As astero warps back to .2 B4 a ferox comes through into bacon and warps to low sec. We get it into hull before it jumps, catch it on the other side and it jumps back to bacon. They bring an ONI and 6 caracals LOL RUN AWAY!

Form Light armor as they are at 0 on *Bacon. Warp to bacon and jump as they jump into innu. We just wait for them to come back. They jump back and I stupidly call out the first one that decloaks (13 Km) not the closest (5 Km). They kite off, LOL RUN AWAY! (This was with solo logi)

They ask for round 3 and bring 2 scythe and 6 gila. We take a long time to form up. They bring a thrird scythe and a blackbird. We whine about only having one logi and ECM. They take back the scythe and the BB. We pick up another logi. I call for DD to undock and then logi to undock and warp at range when DD warps. This is done, but was probably a back call as I was headshot before logi landed. They bubbled; we got a shiney kill but lost the field. At some point they brought a falcon.

Kills and Losses

(00:17:13) J211936, J114648
Vexor Navy Issue -89.49m
Augoror Navy Issue -65.75m
Scimitar +395.68m
Augoror -33.01m
Eris +70.8m
Augoror Navy Issue -80.64m
Augoror Navy Issue -68.33m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 466,479,125.22
ISK Lost: 337,222,238.38
ISK Delta: 129,256,886.84
Efficiency: 58.041%

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff)

-Fun content and good experience for some newer WHC members.
    -Isk positive yay!
    -They complied with removing third logi, which made the fight at least competitive.

(Negative stuff)

-I should have made a perch while initially warping to the gas site with the astero and we could have killed it.
    -I should have called Logi to undock and warp at the same time.
    -Lost field so didn't get any loot.
    -I was talking to them in convo and local, so they knew who to headshot. Fair tactic, but a bit of a jerk move if you ask me.
    -They brought ECM BOOOOOOO!
Image Image Image
Marcus Arilia

Re: [AAR] Just another WHC USTZ

Post by Marcus Arilia »

That was quite a fun fight despite their underhandedness. Couple takeaways:
1. I had already thrown my ECMs on the other Scythe, but the importance of calling (especially for newbros) to put ECM and all other EWAR on the other Logibro if you’re trying to break his buddy. I think Hannah eventually said it in comms.
2. The DPS difference between the Brutix and ANI. I had flown ANI/VNI up to this fight, but thought I’d splurge on a Brutix contract, glad I did. The facemelting DPS and significantly better range over the other two was worth it.
3. Drugs. I’ve tried to get better about grabbing some. Adding that extra 3% DPS (or whatever drug) can have a huge impact if the whole fleet does it, and could make or break the fight. 2 mil for some drugs that could be the reason your 90 mil ship survives is totally worth it.
4. The plus of tacs on holes. Twice they came at us with semi-kitey doctrines. Caracals, then pretty much our heavy shield. Considering the meta being kitey bullshit it may be advantageous or make some random tacs on bacon to get a better warp in/bounce on a fight like this.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Amoni Panala

Post by Amoni Panala »

I know the Brutix has bursts and I specifically remember you turning down another Brutix because we had enough boosts, but is the extra damage not worth it? This isn't a criticism of your call as FC, rather I'm trying to understand what an FC has to consider when making up a comp for this type of doctrine.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Ky Hanomaa

Post by Ky Hanomaa »

You guys saw an Eris? So they do exist then!
Former Assistant FCC Manager
Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Image
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Looks like Ky has found his moby dick!
Happy hunting Ahab

(Mine is the elusive, Jspace rorq in a pulsar if you were wondering :) )
ImageImage ImageImage
Laethe Fooswa

Post by Laethe Fooswa »

So like peeps bringing ECM ships to fights in wormholes is...

well...

Normal.
Sorry but it is.
Its a rare fight that isn't going to see some ECM on the field.
Scorps, Jamgus, Falcons... hell, annoying alts at 100km in kitsunes. Pretty sop honestly.
Might as well undock it too and counter the meta. Challenge some furniture to add diversity to the fleet comp.
Gergoran Moussou

Post by Gergoran Moussou »

Laethe Fooswa wrote:So like peeps bringing ECM ships to fights in wormholes is...

well...

Normal.
Sorry but it is.
Its a rare fight that isn't going to see some ECM on the field.
Scorps, Jamgus, Falcons... hell, annoying alts at 100km in kitsunes. Pretty sop honestly.
Might as well undock it too and counter the meta. Challenge some furniture to add diversity to the fleet comp.
Yeah. I wasn't annoyed about the ECM. Just makes it easier to decide what I'll be shooting at for a bit. I was more annoyed that when the Uni person talking to them (I believe it was Zako) asked them not to bring a Blackbird, a Falcon showed up instead. I guess it's technically not a Blackbird, but it defeats the point of agreeing not to bring a Blackbird. I definitely wouldn't mind a dedicated EWAR ship tagging along for more than just neuts and webs, but we don't undock the shield doctrines which include Blackbird and Tengu very often. I'm just going to wait until the people with more experience add something to the doctrines, though.
9th CCI medalist

Zako Maken
Title: WHC Admin Officer, Graduate

Post by Zako Maken »

Forgot to check back on this, good discussion! I should have had Amoni ship into a Brutix instead of an ANI, mistake on my part.

As far as ECM being standard in Jspace, I don't see that super often. However we don't fight the large high class wormhole groups often, so we might just be outside the meta a bit on that one. Personally I dislike EMC and will only have it on my fleets in the form of ECM drones and only ECM boats if we have all the other roles completely filled.

Thanks for the interest and feedback on this AAR everyone, much appreciated!
Image Image Image