Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Darook Aideron

Portrait

Post 2019.07.02 12:34

First Extraction

Hi all,

So after watching tutorials, I have decided to jump into PI because my curent workload does not allow me to play as active as during the winter time and would like some passive income.

I found a planet and created operation on it, now I have 1M of Suspended plasma and are wondering what would be my next step.

Thank you in advance
<<

Falling Snow KumaMoto

Portrait

Post 2019.07.02 14:39

Re: First Extraction

Definitely turn them into plasmoids (using basic industry facilities right next to your extractor + storage). Once you have plasmoids, you can decide by checking market prices if you should take them out of there and sell them directly, or if you can work them one more step into something else more profitable.

Are you on storm, plasma, or lava planet? If storm, see if you have good ionic solutions or aqueous liquids near your colony that you can also extract and cook up into something (electrolytes or water).

If plasma or lava, see if you have decent non-cs crystals nearby (to make Chiral structures).

Then you can start checking prices and see what makes sense next step.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
<<

Darook Aideron

Portrait

Post 2019.07.02 17:27

I have installed advanced industry facility by mistake, but installed basic one as well and now producing plasmoids.

I am on aLava planet.
<<

Owain abArawn

Portrait

Post 2019.07.02 17:59

Never transport the raw materials. You'll lose a fortune just lifting it up to the customs office. You get a massive reduction in volume at each step from raw materials to P1, P2, etc. You might consider making only P1 products on most planets, and having a factory planet to make P2, P3, and P4. That way, you don't have a bunch of advanced factories sitting idle waiting for inputs. Just transport the P1 items you need to the factory planet for further processing.
<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.07.22 13:38

Owain abArawn wrote:Never transport the raw materials. You'll lose a fortune just lifting it up to the customs office.

Never say never!

My setup involves exporting P0 and making P2 - yes, it's about an hour of exporting, importing, restarting extractors and hauling stuff in an epithal, but otoh it's slightly north of 100m per day...
The Uni WHC as POCO owner enjoys some nice taxes and I enjoy the 100m+

Zoltan

Return to Mining & Planetary Interaction