[AAR] Amygnon Structure Defense Flash Form

Eadrom Vintarus
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects (NSC, LSC, Solitude, FCC), Ensign, Mentor, Graduate

[AAR] Amygnon Structure Defense Flash Form

Post by Eadrom Vintarus »

Once upon a midweek evening...

Madam Director Psychotic Fickity and I were having a pleasant chat in the Director Lounge on mumble (discussing which students were in love with which new BPO and who we thought would be crowned queen at the winter formal, you know, normal director topics) when a report came in of war targets flying about the HSC's patio in Jufvitte. We quickly downed the last of our high end, organic, locally grown, and responsibly sourced Earl Grey tea and joined HSC comms.

Psychotic began coordinating intel and seeing who was available and interested to shoot them. There was a report of a Machariel battleship, so I left the LSC in my bomber and began flying over to see if I could get a few pot shots off at max range. When I was still a couple jumps out, additional reports of more war targets came in and that some of them were flying Leshaks. Given the Leshak's propensity for being used in high sec structure bashing, I made my way to Citadel 101 and noticed, what is this? There were three Leshaks sitting at zero on Karpinksi Labs, the HSC's R&D Raitaru! I bounced over from Citadel 101 to see what these hooligans were up to and noticed they were shooting our structure. Named after our beloved CEO, this transgression would not stand or go unanswered!

I sent a message out via the campus bat phone and called the campus banners to summon the UNISTAHIRRIM! I called and many answered! We had brave students responding to the urgent need for ships and burning over from almost every campus.

I took command of the Raitaru and began firing missiles and neuting their battleships. After a couple minutes, the neuts were shutting down the Leshak turrets and keeping them from bringing their full firepower to bear. This bought valuable time and inched the repair timer forward bit by bit. Eventually two Guardians came in to keep the Leshaks repaired, but appeared to not be able to cap up the Leshaks because when the Leshaks weren't firing, I was neuting the Guardians. This ended up buying valuable time, allowing our brave pilots to form up.

Then, hostile reinforcements were sighted nearby. Seleena Sarum, taking command of a fleet for the first time in over six years, courageously stepped up to lead the EUNI battle fleet. Our forces undocked and launched themselves into the face of fury waiting for them across the grid. Shortly after our forces engaged, PIRAT reinforcements jumped into the system and raced over to join the fray. An Eos, a Loki, a Proteus, a Legion, and three more Guardians bolstered their fleet.

Seleena started off trying to break through the formidable defenses of the Leshak, but with Guardian overwatch, we were unable to make progress. He shifted over to shooting the Guardians and here we made progress. Even with five enemy logistic cruisers on grid, they were unable to stop the onslaught of projectiles, missiles, and a dazzling array of EWAR. Two enemy Guardians succumbed to our forces and this broke the spirit of the PIRAT forces. They began making movements towards extracting from the fight and the call for spreading tackle was made. It is reported that Captain Reynolds managed to pin down one of their fleeing Guardians and it soon gave up its ghost as well.

With enemy forces extracting from the system and all hostiles cleared from our structure grid, victory was declared! Karpinski Labs finished repairing its shields a couple minutes later and all was secure once again. All in all, an incredible defense and well done to everyone involved. Thank you to all the students that burned over from other campuses (especially the WHC's 25 jump trip!). It was really awesome to see everyone come together that quickly. o7 to you all!

Battle Report:
https://zkillboard.com/related/30005311/201906130400/

We were 85.5% ISK efficient.
We lost 10 ships valued at 211.2 mil ISK.
We killed 3 ships valued at 1.243 bil ISK.

<333 To our logi pilots Tristle and the others. My deepest apologies and love for you all, the combat parser isn't working with the logs I have so if I missed anyone that flew logi, please let me know and I will be very happy to update this part!

IF YOU LOST A SHIP:

If the PIRAT invaders managed to overcome the defenses of your ship and you experienced rapid hull disassembly, please DO file an SRP request using the link below and our fine SRP officers will send you some isk for your efforts. :)

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Ship_Rep ... rsement.3F
\o/ Retired \o/ Director of Special Projects - NSC, LSC, Solitude Campuses, and the Fleet Command Course
Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
Looking for small gang PVP and BLOPs'ing? Look at J-Drop today!

Fergus Echerie
Title: Solitude Campus Manager, Graduate

Re: [AAR] Amygnon Structure Defense Flash Form

Post by Fergus Echerie »

Good Job, Go Team!
Solitude Campus Manager
Image Image Image Image
Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

So now they have gone after our structure can we go after theirs?
Croixant
Title: Manager (CCI), "The Most Interesting Man In The World", Graduate, Management

Post by Croixant »

Excellent response!

Congrats to all involved.

Croix
o7

Croixant
CCI Coordinator
Amoni Panala

Post by Amoni Panala »

So this was my first fleet... Five minutes before we started fighting, Falling Snow had delivered me a newbie's version of the BLAP tackle/support Condor (otherwise I would have been fighting in a Battle Venture).

Let me just say that this war was really starting to get me down. A day ago I was even thinking of bouncing until it was over. Tonight I had so much fun that now I want more.
Spoiler
Y'all really know how to show a girl a good time.

Thanks to everyone who put up with my newbie questions in the midst of a bad situation. This newsis is totally in love with E-Uni.
She/her
Killboard
Image Image Image ImageImage Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image
mikadwi Oo

Post by mikadwi Oo »

Good job. It was interesting to listen in to Comms from work, although even if I was online I'm not sure I could have helped. I was probably googling every second term that was said, but I think I was starting to get a read on what was going on. So much excitement only a week into my Unista career.

And I hope they supply Twinnings Earl Grey...
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Nice job of defending. E-Uni has teeth!
Magnar Eriksson wrote:So now they have gone after our structure can we go after theirs?
<3 Love the enthusiasm, but there are a lot more factors to take into account than that. As per Guiliano's mails about this, members may not shoot any PIRAT structures without director consent. There were two Directors here rounding people up to go shoot PIRAT ships so rest assured we will authorise it if and when it makes sense to do so.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Magnar Eriksson
Title: Sophomore

Post by Magnar Eriksson »

Laura Karpinski wrote:Nice job of defending. E-Uni has teeth!
Magnar Eriksson wrote:So now they have gone after our structure can we go after theirs?
<3 Love the enthusiasm, but there are a lot more factors to take into account than that. As per Guiliano's mails about this, members may not shoot any PIRAT structures without director consent. There were two Directors here rounding people up to go shoot PIRAT ships so rest assured we will authorise it if and when it makes sense to do so.
Ill jsut keep asking the question till the response changes then :P
Drebin 679
Coordinator
Title: Freshman

Post by Drebin 679 »

Because of Psych flash form request, I burned 28 jumps from the Incursion focus, not being sure how urgent things were in HSC. The fight was already going by the time I finally got there, and I just threw myself in a Crucifier, knowing Leshaks were on grid and not really being sure what exactly our shield comp needed. Had I paid more attention and seen that we already had 8 Griffins and a Maulus, I would have gotten a tackle ship instead :>

But it was great to see nearly 40 people in comms from all the different campuses, and to take part in battle together. Let's do this again sometime!
Former Incursion Coordinator & Wiki Curator
Image Image Image
Shauny Tsero
Title: LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, Teaching, Ensign

Post by Shauny Tsero »

Magnar Eriksson wrote:
Laura Karpinski wrote:Nice job of defending. E-Uni has teeth!
Ill jsut keep asking the question till the response changes then :P
You can keep asking but until a plan is developed by FCs and deemed viable to the directorate then the answer will be the same as it currently is.
LSC Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate, Former Mentor Manager
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImageImage
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

It seems you guys did a great job defending the HSC and repelling the PIRAT with great success ! Congratulations!
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Eadrom Vintarus
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Director of Special Projects (NSC, LSC, Solitude, FCC), Ensign, Mentor, Graduate

Post by Eadrom Vintarus »

Ersin Oghuz wrote:It seems you guys did a great job defending the HSC and repelling the PIRAT with great success ! Congratulations!
No lie, I was literally playing around in the fitting window while docked up at the LSC trying to come up with something resembling your HSC flagship triple rep Hyperion fit when all this started to go down. xD
\o/ Retired \o/ Director of Special Projects - NSC, LSC, Solitude Campuses, and the Fleet Command Course
Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
Looking for small gang PVP and BLOPs'ing? Look at J-Drop today!

Willuw Everquest

Post by Willuw Everquest »

Great fun. Disappointed a bit that I didn't get in on the kill mails as I bounced just before the targets were switched from the leshaks, and I was in a 80M stealth bomber that I didn't want to lose.

I have video from the perspective of a complete noob of the entire engagement (I video all my sessions), but I assume it has some confidential data in it - so if leaderships wants it please let me know...not going to publicly post it.

I will mention this, since this is an AAR and you are supposed to learn lessons from it - if I had not been in mumble I would have had zero idea what was going on. Keep in mind, that even though people should, not everyone is actually in mumble. I didn't see a single mention of the impending attack in HSC chat until I asked (prompted). I am pretty sure there were some newbros (I am a complete newbro so I can call us that :)) that had no clue that there was even anything going on in Amy 101.

Lesson(s) Learned:
If you are a newbro get in mumble, you don't have to talk (I am one of those as I am still learning a lot and don't want to sound like a moron) but listening to the convos is pure gold from a learning and situational awareness perspective; for the leadership...respectfully request a one-liner in campus chat as to alert everyone. For myself: always have a pvp ready-ship in the hangar that I am willing to lose.

A couple of minutes earlier: Stalking a corp in their WH then comms started to show signs of PIRAT activity in Amy:

Then in Amy....

Delivering Torpedos Chance Ravinne style to PIRAT...

My new favorite DPS

- Willuw
Last edited by Willuw Everquest on 2019.06.13 11:06, edited 10 times in total.
"I see a massive blob of Blinky-tiny spheres floating around in space on my screen...with 27 windows open everywhere ...and I am trying to feverishly activate the right modules on the right targets that are being called with shaky hands… if I can do that that's 90 % success to me..." Willuw - 3 Aug 2019
Tal Tracyn
Director of Diplomacy
Director of Diplomacy
Title: Mentor, Graduate, Diplomat , Pineapple Pizza enthusiast

Post by Tal Tracyn »

Well played guys.
Really nice job :D

Builder and runner of Rivet City,Karpinski Labs,Hive of Industry for 4 years solo.
Don of High Sec
Trading for 6 years in Eve.
Asuka Rossi

Post by Asuka Rossi »

Nice job guys! Sadly i were at work, but with that amount of griffins its like i were there :twisted: i hope they come to play on eutz too.... :roll:
ImageImageImageImageImage