Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Stephe Auduin

Portrait

Post 2019.05.07 18:51

First BLAP Cruiser - only omega?

Hey,

training into the blap skillplan, i thought that i would be able to finish it today and apply for the "first blao cruiser" programm.
I saied i thougt? - yeah... there is one skill i cant train, because the omega clone status is required to train it (Missile Projection). :(

Is that a mistake in the skillplan, maybe because of an update in the game? Or is that skill just in the skillplan to make sure that only omegas get the cruiser?? :?:
wiki - first blap cruiser https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/First_BLAP_Cruiser
BLAP skillplan https://fleet-up.com/Certificate

Stephe
<<

Ann'Dra Padecain

Portrait

Post 2019.05.08 07:29

Re: First BLAP Cruiser - only omega?

Hi,

This was highlighted once before... https://forum.eveuniversity.org/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=103492&start=30
Not sure how that impacts the first BLAP cruiser though... Maybe try and apply and highlight that as Alpha you cannot complete that one skill?
<<

David Matsuda

Portrait

Reimbursement Manager
Reimbursement Manager

Post 2019.05.08 14:35

Missile Projection III is currently required, but we're discussing options. The BLAP skill plan was designed as the bare minimum that would allow a handful of somewhat effective fleet compositions, but of course the Alpha skill set is intended to encourage you to purchase at least some Omega training time. I think it actually used to be worse, but now that it's just one level in one skill it's sort of sticking out way more than it originally did.
<<

Dunar Dolorgiet

Portrait

Retired Director
Retired Director

Post 2019.05.08 16:13

Check your contracts.

It's not intended to prevent alphas from completing the plan and will be adjusted once we're happy with the replacement.
<<

Mike Kingswell

Portrait

Assistant Teaching Manager

Post 2019.05.08 16:36

(Sidenote: Should you ever be in need of a BLAP Cruiser (or something a little tweaked) and have not enough ISK please do contact me and we will sort you out. And in case you might have an aversion to it: don't see it as a gift...it's an investment into your future and you can 'pay it forwards' one day :) )
Image Image
<<

Stephe Auduin

Portrait

Post 2019.05.09 10:41

@Mike KingMike: Thank you, comrades like you make the uni what it is - more than just a place for education.

@Dunar Delorgiet: Yeah, I got it. Thank you, too. :)
<<

David Matsuda

Portrait

Reimbursement Manager
Reimbursement Manager

Post 2019.05.09 21:48

Good news! We're going to overlook the Missile Projection III requirement while working out what to do with the next iteration of the BLAP program. If that has been holding anyone back, go ahead and apply now.
<<

Esca Sinak

Portrait

Post 2019.05.10 22:54

Yay, this is good to hear!

Return to What Next?