[Solo] Hyperion Power Edition

Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

[Solo] Hyperion Power Edition

Post by Kelon Darklight »

Hey Uni! Its Kelon again. I bring you another ship from Kelon’s workshop of solo fun, the solo hyperion! This is one of the best solo battleships in the game, with the 7.5% rep per level and 10% damage per level making it extremely strong with dps (1300 cold with void and heavies) and tank (up to 1400 cold with nanite load). Critically it has 5 mids, which lets you fit cap booster, mjd, scram, web, and grappler (web that gets stronger the closer they are). I started with this fit:
Spoiler
[Hyperion, Solo]

Damage Control II
Large Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Heavy Stasis Grappler II
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 3200

Neutron Blaster Cannon II, Void L
Medium Gremlin Compact Energy Neutralizer

Large Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster II
Large Auxiliary Nano Pump I

Acolyte II x5
Berserker II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Standard Exile Booster
and then moved to this fit:
Spoiler
[Hyperion, Solo v2]

Damage Control II
Large Ancillary Armor Repairer
Shadow Serpentis Large Armor Repairer

Large Micro Jump Drive
Warp Scrambler II
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Heavy Karelin Scoped Stasis Grappler
Heavy Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 3200

Medium 'Vehemence' Shockwave Charge

Large Hybrid Metastasis Adjuster II

Acolyte II x5
Berserker II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Null L x800
Void L x1000
Navy Cap Booster 3200 x8
Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge L x1000
Nanite Repair Paste x264
Agency 'Pyrolancea' DB3 Dose I x2
Standard Exile Booster x2
Synth Drop Booster x2
after some experience.

I decide on the propless (besides MJD Get out button) due to how little range control a regular prop gets you in most fights. For the first fit, I decide that the neut will help vs frigates that try to get on top of me. I also go tracking rig as I plan on fighting smaller stuff than myself, though you can certainly go more tank, dps, or even a hyperspatial cause roaming in battleships is slow. Always carry exile and damage drugs. As far as tracking drugs go, standard drop can roll the horrid side effect of minus armor reps, so you may want to go synth or the other no penalty drug. Always rep with the faction repper first as you want to save the charges as long as possible on the LAAR, once they are out, you are unlikely to get a chance to reload.

Fight 1: I decided to go visit INIT home system of j5a, hoping to spark a fight there. Credit to them, when I ask them to not falcon me they actually docked it and he reshipped into something else! The fight starts with the broadsword tackling me followed shortly by an Absolution. I start unloading into him while reinforcements trickle in. I think I made a mistake in not shooting Absolution instead as it turns out the broadsword has no dps. As the broadsword nears death I decide a vagabond will be the next target as it was already in scram/web range. I burn through him. At this point I realize I can no longer tank all the incoming dps and look for easy ganks. The sabre dies first and I swap to a vedmak. At this point my most dangerous nemesis shows up, the ec 300s off an astero of all things manages to land jams and costs me the potential vedmak kill.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30004589/201904252300/

Fight 2: Deciding on more hyperion fun, I go through nenn which grabs the attention of the locals. They assemble a quick force and start catching up with me a few jumps later. First I get tackled by the enyo. At this point I fail to utilize a important skill, which causes this kill to take awhile. Figuring out my mistake, after the magus jumps me off the gate I start matching transversal. Basically you fly in the same direction as the target, when you do this it improves your tracking. At this point reinforcements are pouring through the gate with multiple BCs and battleships and a trig logi. I quickly down Magus, then MJD my way out as that was the last scram on me and warp off before they can finish me.

Enyo kill- https://zkillboard.com/kill/76424227/
Magus kill- https://zkillboard.com/kill/76424254/

Fight 3: After roaming around in some other stuff, I reship into a hyperion and run into trouble in F7C. An typhoon, oracle, and bhaal undocked on the citadel in system. I was highly concerned about bhaal neuts, and jump back out. They follow and I decide screw it, I would go for it. The typhoon agresses first, followed quickly by the bhaal, and then the oracle. This shows the weakness of the rapid heavies are they are unable to seriously pressure me. Even the bhaal wasn't as bad as I had feared though the neut pressure was noticeable, 3200s allowed me to easily keep capped up as it wasn't a fully neut/nos fit. I kill the phoon, and the bhaal decides to come in to scram. I scram him back and manage to kill him as well. At this point I am working on adding the oracle as he is actually at 105km and I have 106km lock range, which works for a mjd snipe. I start aligning but the oracle bails before I finish the bhaal.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30003841/201904270100/

That hyperion actually dies to a mistake I had in understanding npc miner mechanics, I thought a defense fleet would spawn, but it would have to have been spawned for it to rep me, as I had pretty good standings with them.

I have a few, not so successful roams where I get absolutely dunked on, but I did finally learn to fear the ec 300 drone menace. I make the decision that a smartbomb will help more than a neut. I tweak the fit but find I have to downgrade the grappler and web, which will cost some valuable web % there. It does actually do a fairly decent job at clearing ec 300s and other light drones even though I still got rekted in some of the fights that followed, I did not get jammed again by them.

Fight 4: I actually accidentally scouted this, they aggroed on a moa on the gate and I tackled their rupture. We both die, but seeing as the mega is guns and the phoon is rapid heavy fit, I reship immediately in a hyperion and head after them. The mega is kind enough to take it to a large. I follow after him and immediately start unloading on him. His fit is actually very similar fit to my hyperion, and between him and the typhoon and the sunesis that join him, I am actually getting heavily pressured. On the plus side, he doesn’t have that same tank bonus I do, and he didn’t load void (which would have been a logical pick here as he has a tracking bonus and battleships don’t move that much once tackled). I kill him, and the sunesis follows him quickly, as I grab him and match transversal. At this point is the phoon (which smartly stays at 15km+), so I slow boat towards him unloading null and bait tank. A punisher lands on grid, but I swap to antimatter, grab him, and match trans, and down him in record time despite the dual plate he has fitted. Then a raven lands and I mjd and leave as I need time to reload my LAAR. They follow me to the station and I aggro them. Raven lands, along with phoon, thorax, and oddly a thalia. I unload void into the raven and he does actually tank for awhile, until the XL-ASBs finally run out of charges. The thalia does buy him a few seconds but not enough before i burn through his buffer. I actually go for the thalia next as I am concerned about the reps on the thorax. Turns out he didn’t have a prop module or any plates, so matching trans I actually down him in 1 shot. I swap to thorax next, and he eventually goes down, and the phoon leaves conceding me the field.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30045330/201905062200/

Fight 5: I am heading home at this point when a harb burns back to gate as I jump in rakapas and I let him grab me. I start shooting him, and I had a moment of panic as a lach decloaks, but fortunately it doesn’t light a cyno and leaves. Reinforcements start trickling in and an enyo joins the club in scramming me. I down the harb and the enyo, and I have the choice of mjding out, which honestly would have been the best plan, but a myrm had landed and I wanted to try to kill him. To much comes in and I can no longer tank the incoming dps at all, and die.

https://zkillboard.com/related/30045349/201905070000/

All in all, a fun few roams, and I really enjoyed flying the ship. Hope you guys enjoyed reading it!
Champion of Tash-Murkon