[AAR] WHC impromptu low sec roam

Ana'ander Lamora

[AAR] WHC impromptu low sec roam

Post by Ana'ander Lamora »

Spying a low sec connection to Metropolis down our chain, I thought that Mikus Walker & I should go check it out for the small gang competition. The prospect of a low rec pew was enticing to several other campus members, so we undocked together and had ourselves an impromptu and super fun roam!

Roam members (6)
Spoiler
Ana'ander Lamora - Punisher, Federation Navy Comet
Jeracho Dorne - Vengeance, Federation Navy Comet
Lucius Septimus Severus - Federation Navy Comet
Mikus Walker - Enyo, Jaguar
Savannah Tokila - Venture, Tristan
Zako Maken - Federation Navy Comet
Kills and Losses

I spotted a rifter in a plex, which turned out to be by the gate, which I didn't process until I was already sliding. A Curse was waiting inside, so I went for scram. Mikus, Lucius and Jeracho took down the rifter on their way in. Meanwhile I was thoroughly neuted out and teetering on the edge of death. The curse proved too much for us, and 3 of us went down.

(21:52:55) Brin
Rifter +7.66m
Punisher -13.55m
Enyo -47.2m
Vengeance -63.02m

We regrouped and reshipped at Innu. We all wanted to try the Curse again, and consensus was to stay in small ships. On our way in, we noticed the Curse had a Dram (or Daredevil) with it, and we thought to put EC Drones on the frig with all other DPS on the curse. The frig warped off before we landed. We lost a venture and a comet, but more than a fair trade. At the very end, the frig pilot appeared, having reshipped into a Belli, but we managed to all leave, as someone pointed out it was our direct counter, plus we were down to 3 on field.

(22:14:24) Helgatild
Venture -11.25m
Federation Navy Comet -24.98m
Curse +352.92m

Most of our roam was through FW space. Pretty sure we found this friend in a plex.

(22:40:55) Evati
Slasher +0.51m

I remember Savannah went in first and tackled the Kestrel.

(22:53:50) Egmar
Kestrel +21.33m

I went into Auga first, and Mikus came after, right into a suddenly appearing gate camp of 2 legions and a loki. Ouch.

(23:15:38) Auga
Jaguar -51.72m
Capsule -50.6m

Zako noticed the "sg2" fleet. Having just been watching SG-1, he felt it was only right that he join sg2. He blapped this Tristan on his way to catch up with us.

(23:23:31) Todifrauan
Tristan +6.4m

We spotted these two, along with a few other ships, next door in a plex. It didn't seem engageable. But when the praxis and cyclone left system, Savannah followed. Having traced them to some sort of beacon - like roid rage or something? - she figured they were doing combat and now it was an engagement worth trying. Rat aggro seemed to stay on these two, helping with the Praxis, which is good as we were down to 4 members at this point. Afterwards, we had a bit of a close one getting away from the tackling rats, but all made it out.

(23:45:35) Dudreda
Cyclone +51.27m
Praxis +120.94m

This Omen was belt ratting iirc.

(00:02:15) Evati
Omen +10.42m
Capsule +0.06m

We stayed in Amamake for awhile, as it was the system that kept on giving. That rifter was the same pilot, dying in the same plex twice. Savannah went down after checking out a plex that had multiple ships waiting on the gate, including a Bhaalgorn. When Zako's hold could not fit any more corpses without jettisoning ammo, we started to make our way home.

(00:30:51) Amamake
Executioner +11.61m
Rifter +7.46m
Capsule +0.81m
Tristan -8.57m
Rifter +9.78m
Capsule +0.81m

Here, I watched a neutral Thrasher slowboat towards me from about 20 off the gate, to in range of me, whereupon they aggressed. I stayed in grid until my armor was starting to go down, and warped away as others were on grid, including a Dram (or Daredevil?) that was probably the Thrasher's friend.

On our way out of Gul, Lucius stopped to blap a Leopard.

Praise Bob! Praise the spooky chain!

(00:54:45) Gulmorogod
Thrasher +1.22m
Leopard +97.27m
Capsule +0.01m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 700,483,088.99
ISK Lost: 270,889,124.14
ISK Delta: 429,593,964.85
Efficiency: 72.113%
Savannah Tokila
Title: Mentor, Graduate

Re: [AAR] WHC impromptu low sec roam

Post by Savannah Tokila »

relating the praxis and cyclone kill, I first was following them, because unless they are light missile fit, they might've had problems hitting us, and I wanted to check out what kind of weapon system they had, that's why I originally followed them in my Tristan, when they warped to the combat site, something covert bla bla, I followed and called it, as I landed I established orbit, as they were sitting still on the beacon, and looked at their ships, I couldn't see any small guns or missiles, at that point I was very sure, that we could tank them long enough to kill them, possibly losing one ship or so, but it still would've been a favourable trade, so I called everyone to join me in engaging, i waited to point until i got backup coming in, as they didn't seem to be trying to move when i was juat the lone one on grid. it turned out, we could tank them even better than what I expected, the rats after the kill were the biggest problem. as they first pointed ana, who then, after me noting that she had a prob mod she could overheat away from the rats got away, I was not so lucky, as when during the fight the light drones were put on to me, I tried to overheat my mwd a bit to mitigate more damage, it burned out a few seconds before the praxis died, so I had to slowboat away from them, after I waited too long to call warp after everyone aligned, I got out tho, because my passive tank (wow) was range/speedtanking and I was faster than rats.
Ana'ander Lamora

Post by Ana'ander Lamora »

Other than that thrasher, i seem to recall at least one of these was an engagement on the gate. Anyone remember?
Savannah Tokila
Title: Mentor, Graduate

Post by Savannah Tokila »

Ana'ander Lamora wrote:Other than that thrasher, i seem to recall at least one of these was an engagement on the gate. Anyone remember?
looks like you mean mikus' jaguar loss? according to zkill
Pink Kondur

Post by Pink Kondur »

I regret going to bed instead of joining now, this seemed fun :p