[AAR] Armour Assault Frigates 2019.4.23 @19:00

B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

[AAR] Armour Assault Frigates 2019.4.23 @19:00

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

I decided to take out assault frigates with T1 punisher support and T2 logi to celebrate LSC moving to a new home. I formed a travel fleet from Amy 101 in an effort to get a few newbros to come along and try a life of piracy. We did pick up one brave soul who missed the travel fleet and died getting to us. Mr Mime Waiterman - I salute you o7

Roam members (21)
Spoiler
Alf Saissore - Malediction
Ana'ander Lamora - Retribution
Ares Dodekatheon - Retribution
Asuka Rossi - Sentinel, Crucifier
Athena Firefly - Deacon
B'aldrick Aivoras - Crucifier, Retribution
Che Galtor - Enyo
Christoph Patrouette - Sentinel
Dexyr Sulvara - Retribution
Esca Sinak - Punisher
Floki Stasarik - Retribution
Marcel Eriker - Punisher
Marcus Arilia - Enyo, Retribution
Mike Kingswell - Deacon
Mr Mime Waiterman - Punisher
Muzzy Chuck - Retribution
Pink Kondur - Deacon
Troven Smalvard - Malediction
Urban Oxide - Enyo, Retribution
Vrebor Gamir - Enyo
Yto Itinen - Punisher
Kills and Losses

The travel fleet moved well though to Eugales where we had intel on a plexing caracal. The target must have been afk as they didn't fight back. He went down quickly. I hoped this would be the first of many kills but I was hoping to get a few fights as opposed to ganks. A retribution fleet is more engageable but does have a few weaknesses in the comp we had. More of that later.

(18:43:36) Eugales
Caracal +27.88m
Capsule +0.01m

Whilst we were forming our blood thirsty pirates got another gank. E-Uni is firmly no.1 corp on Zkill for this month. Way to go!

(19:21:03) Eugales
Rifter +8.73m

We poked around towards Nen and headed towards our destination which was Okka. Our scout found an interesting gang with a loki and 3 Drekavac - flashy on a gate. It would be a tough fight but one I thought worth taking. When one of the Drekavac redboxed on the other side of the gate we jumped and engaged. I was hoping gate guns would help us for the adds. Urban correctly identified taking out the drones which we tried to do whilst holding on the primary. A variety of dps drones were put out, killed and pulled back. A swarm of EC-300 drones on our logi and smart targeting by the enemy started picking us off. When 2 logi were down and we were bleeding ships. I called scatter. What I didn't see was that a legion also joined them. Between the loki and legion most of the kills were a result of their dps.

(20:01:06) Hikkoken
Deacon -38.47m
Deacon -96.82m
Sentinel -42.84m
Enyo -57.91m
Retribution -72.58m
Punisher -11.62m

We headed back to Eug to reship and managed to pick up another stray.

(20:11:33) Renarelle
Catalyst +9.6m
Capsule +0.01m

Whilst reshipping, a Villore Accords group game in. Intel got a bit confused at this point for me as I sat in station getting ppl into reships. A few survivors were out in space found them or they were found. I'm not sure - the latter I think. We were undocked to warp to them but they got out as we warped so that left Urban on grid as I warped to fleet to the wrong person - twice
Spoiler
As a result of this, the fleet got strung out. Now AAF are quite slow, around 2K/sec, this meant those that were off the targets were too far to apply points, webs and scrams. Retributions only have 2 midslots so I had already split up the various slots to give a good balance. Fortunately, the whole fleet stuck to the target that Urban then I called as VA stayed on grid - they even fed us another ship as we took them down. The Kiki was a nice kill and kept thing pretty even.

(20:23:09) Eugales
Retribution -72.58m
Deacon -109.98m
Enyo +51.2m
Caldari Navy Hookbill +40.9m
Enyo +88.94m
Deacon -38.38m
Sentinel -43.62m
Kikimora +216.48m
Punisher +11.3m
Punisher +10.15m

After another brief break, another quick gank entailed.

(20:42:51) Eugales
Jackdaw +64.33m

It was quiet as we headed out (again) to Okk. As we headed back towards Amy so some could join another fleet, our scout found 2 flashy stabbers who obligingly re-boxed him as we sat on the other side of the gate. Scratch 2 stabbers as points were switched and held on both.

(21:24:25) Abune
Stabber +33.34m
Stabber +36.07m
Capsule +18.65m

I'm not sure what happened here as fleet had disbanded but..

(21:38:59) Ostingele
Retribution -52.67m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 617,581,836.73
ISK Lost: 637,486,296.56
ISK Delta: -19,904,459.83
Efficiency: 49.207%

Thanks for coming out - hope you had fun - fly dangerous o7

Overall evaluation
  • (Positive stuff) Welcome to LSC, scouts and logi were awesome, target calling improving
    (Negative stuff) Need to stock some more ships in LSC home, need to keep an eye on fleet chat more
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
B'aldrick Aivoras

Re: [AAR] Armour Assault Frigates 2019.4.23 @19:00

Bump - full AAR up - thanks for coming
Graduate
|
FCC Manager
Che Galtor

Post by Che Galtor »

Was great to see many of WHC to join this roam.
Had great fun, more AF+ (T2) flights are reason enough for me to keep a few stocked in the new LSC home :)

You mention; Watch fleet chat more. But it's also an idea to have the Vanguard (scram+web) mandatory speaking on mumble.
"To boldly go, where others have gone before!"
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Che Galtor wrote:You mention; Watch fleet chat more. But it's also an idea to have the Vanguard (scram+web) mandatory speaking on mumble.
But that would be a TRAVESTY! Plus that assumes I won’t still be doing silly things to find fights. Which let’s be honest, I’m gonna do if you’re reading me in fleet chat or not. Reading me just helps increase my lifespan slightly.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
B'aldrick Aivoras

I think as FC you have to be able to respond to all the intel. Delegation to some other pilot to keep an eye on fleet chat might be an option.

I do think a primary scout should be able to use comms and any secondary could use a chat with them to convey intel perhaps?

Even voice comms can be difficult if English isn’t your first language. I wouldn’t want to exclude people from trying things but would ask them to try them out in a NoP or BLAP frigate fleet rather than a T2 fleet
Graduate
|
FCC Manager
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

First time doing T2 Logi in a Ass.Frig.Fleet.! Great fun.
We got some nice fights we couldn't have taken with a T1 fleet so I think it was worth it!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Ares Dodekatheon
Title: HSC Manager, Lieutenent, Graduate

Post by Ares Dodekatheon »

Thanks for the fleet B'aldrick,

It was educational and I really had fun. We should do this again ;-)

o7
Macte animo! Generose puer sic itur ad astra.
Che Galtor

Post by Che Galtor »

B'aldrick Aivoras wrote: Delegation to some other pilot to keep an eye on fleet chat might be an option.
That is a really good suggestion there B'aldrick. I guess multitasking gets better by experience. I'm a nub FC and can't read chat when i'm fighting, simply because i'm not used to it. That is -my- flaw though :) Kudos for you doing both at the same time.

PS: Marcus, I hope you understand this was a general response, not a personal one :) Please continue doing great things. You did a great job!
"To boldly go, where others have gone before!"