Ky Hanomaa - Thorax
Neemo Beer - Thorax
Rayanth - Atron
Segdae Aldurald - Thorax
Space Warfare Development - Nemesis
Xyrin Bacard - Slasher
Z0X Ambrye - Thorax
Zako Maken - Jaguar
We ended up undocking without as many support ships as I would have liked. One logi, two scouts, and no small frigates other than the scouts to catch things. We eventually got a slasher and jaguar later into the roam, but it really would have been nice to get those earlier.

Kills and Losses

Budda tried to tackle a retribution on a gate, and a magus ended up jumping through and decloaking close to him, and ended up killing him.

(01:51:27) Renarelle
Malediction -46m

While holding on a gate, I told the fleet to try and lock up whatever was landing on us. A few people ended up shooting a non-flashy retribution without me calling for it, and they ended up with suspect timers. I probably should have specifically said not to aggress, but those suspect timers ended up causing a bit of headache later.

That magus that killed Budda along with a stiletto ended up orbiting around us while we were holding on that same gate. Somebody ended up accidentally taking gate guns and died.

(01:59:07) Oicx
Slasher -12.14m

When we jumped though, we had one person get tackled by that same retribution earlier. I forgot a few people had timers, and a few people were falling behind. Looking back, I should have called for the fleet to align and done a fleet warp to avoid that.

I told the person that got tackled to crash the gate. Even if they were scrammed, they had an AB and should have been able to get off. I didn’t want to warp the fleet back due to the magus and stiletto, but ended up calling for us to warp back when I heard he got a weapon timer. I probably should have called the fleet to warp back earlier and then we probably wouldn’t have lost them.

(02:02:23) Eha
Thorax -22.84m
Capsule -0.73m

At this point I wasn’t sure what to do. I had the option of getting the fleet to dock up and wait it out, and that’s probably what I should have done. However, I didn’t want to do that this early in the fleet. I tried getting all of them aggressed on the Oicx side of the gate, but they were smart and ended up aggressing with one person. At this point I wasn’t sure what to do, I had the fleet jump through again. A suggestion was made to send our drones to the stiletto, which I took. However, just as our drones were about to get there, an orthrus warped in and I warped the fleet off, leaving one person that was tackled. My thought process was that the longer we stayed, the more they were going to bring and the more people were going to get tackled and killed. Looking back, the stiletto almost went down before I warped the fleet.

After the post-fleet discussion, I believe what I should have done at that point was to keep the drones on the stiletto until it died, and then send it after the orthrus and chase it off, since logi was able to hold if the orthrus wasn’t there. But docking up earlier probably was the best choice.

(02:11:51) Eha
Thorax -28.37m

After that disaster, I moved the fleet towards Kinakka, to do the three jumps of high sec to Ikoskio. That gang tried chasing us, but we managed to avoid them. We picked up replacement drones on our way and off we went. During this time, Zako caught up with us in a jaguar, giving us a tackle frigate that could hold against gate guns.

Scouts found an afk venture in a plex, we popped him.

(02:33:46) Elunala
Venture +2.82m

We wasted a bit of time warping back and forth trying to get the jump on a non-flashy succubus on a gate. We had somebody ahead of the fleet tackle him and took gate guns while the succubus was crashing the gate. Red box was called, but that ended up just being the gate guns and even though we have people on the other side, the succubus got off. We lost the person who got initial point.

(02:38:57) Mushikegi
Slasher -7.77m

After this, Tama ended up being boring, I decided we’d take a peek into Nen and then head back. On our way, our scout reported a VNI going gate to gate. I had my scouts and jaguar give chase, with the fleet not far behind. We caught it burning back to a gate, so we had scouts and vanguard on one side applying damage and forcing it through, while the jaguar and rest of the fleet sat on the other.

(03:03:00) Abune
Vexor Navy Issue +100.9m

Scouts found an algos in a small on the way back and we killed it.
(03:07:04) Heydieles
Algos +28.35m

We found a cyno Miasmos on a station so we decided to kill it. This time I didn’t bother giving the command to pre-align out, since we had logi and people were already agressing as I was landing. We ended up losing one of our frigates though, that didn’t align fast enough.

(03:19:28) Dastryns
Atron -5.69m
Miasmos +1.66m

I realize that the first half of this fleet absolutely could have gone better. I was also probably going too fast for some new people, and not using fleet warps, which contributed to people getting caught. If you have feedback, especially on that first part, especially other options that we had that weren’t mentioned, feel free to leave them below.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 133,731,989.15
ISK Lost: 123,541,793.74
ISK Delta: 10,190,195.41
Efficiency: 51.98%
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Tweet Thoraxes 2019.03.10

Post by Budda Sereda »

While holding on a gate, I told the fleet to try and lock up whatever was landing on us. A few people ended up shooting a non-flashy retribution without me calling for it, and they ended up with suspect timers. I probably should have specifically said not to aggress, but those suspect timers ended up causing a bit of headache later.
It is worth explicitly calling "DON'T AGRESS". At the same time, the fleet should not unless FC calls for it. Especially on the gate.

Don't think 1st part was too fast. Maybe for very newbros, yet, that is normal, something for everybody to learn and improve. Clearly, give a hand of support to newbros, but don't slow down the whole fleet too much.

Fleet warps are great and needed when many pilots dual box, or you need to ensure nobody is left behind. Otherwise, not warping the fleet makes pilots engaged and do a bit more than just click 'jump' button. It is good to practice fleet align-warp-jump-align so this get a habbit and people can do this fast under pressure, but I would not consider this as something bad.
A suggestion was made to send our drones to the stiletto, which I took. However, just as our drones were about to get there, an orthrus warped in and I warped the fleet off, leaving one person that was tackled. My thought process was that the longer we stayed, the more they were going to bring and the more people were going to get tackled and killed. Looking back, the stiletto almost went down before I warped the fleet.
Good interceptor pilot can manage to stay alive for some time under pressure of 5 light drones by overheating MWD at proper timing. Not much, but better than nothing. Staying alive under pressure of drones from a fleet of drones probably impossible.
Also, use Warriors, as they are faster.

Yes, it was important to keep moving and don't stay too long at the same place. It was harsh to stay alive under that pressure, we did not kill them, but you kept the situation under control. I'd say good job!

P.S. Looks like this is that Magus fit:
https://zkillboard.com/kill/74311437/
3629 m/s cold