This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Macilles

Portrait

Post 2019.02.28 00:33

Need more action

Hi,

Thanks for reading.

I've been playing Eve Online on and off since 2008.
Coming up to 60M SP.

Primarily running lvl4 missions in a T2 fitted Golem and 2 skills off mastery 5.
Long story short, i quit when i get bored. I'm hitting that threshold again once I've completed every lvl4 mission a few times.

So I figured, instead of jumping ship again (intended!), I though of asking in here for advice on what I can do or expand into for some fun.
I have my two alts trained in and doing PI for some alternation between things, but that's also a choir.

I've been in a WH or two to find some complexes to hack, but its a massive time sync for not much reward (as far as I can tell).
Also, very willing to give PVP/FW a go, but not sure where to start...

Any advice would be helpful.

PS: Can also take some new players out on a few level 4 missions every now and then if there is a need for it.
PS2: RL causes my online time to be very sporadic. My only guaranteed playtime is wed PM and Sat AM (not that it matters for the purpose of this post.
Last edited by Macilles on 2019.07.05 18:22, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image Image Image Image
<<

B'aldrick Aivoras

Portrait

Fleet Command Course Manager
Fleet Command Course Manager

Post 2019.02.28 10:42

Re: Need more action

Hi Macilles
Welcome

My first thought is that:

Have you joined any of the campuses in mumble and slack?

Often there are things going on in those channels that you could get involved in. Looking at your previous experience and interests then the HSC would be a good starting point as there are many PvE opportunities there amongst corp mates. If you want to try PvP then many new pirate friendly fleet stage from there.

I’m not sure what your time zone is but try that first and see what happens.

FCC Manager
|
Graduate | Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer

ImageImageImageImageImage
<<

Aren Dar

Portrait

Diplomacy Manager
Diplomacy Manager

Post 2019.02.28 14:36

Macilles wrote:I've been in a WH or two to find some complexes to hack, but its a massive time sync for not much reward (as far as I can tell).
Also, very willing to give PVP/FW a go, but not sure where to start...

If you want to try PVP try the campuses that are active in your timezone and playing time - from what you say either of NSC or WHC may be good places to start - in that there are usually activities going on and people to do them with.
<<

Ian Tucenghi

Portrait

Post 2019.02.28 20:18

Hi Macilles,

You are always welcome in Incursions, if you want to try it.

For details, you can send me an EVE mail.

o7
INCURSION
COORDINATOR

<<

Zoltan Irvam

Portrait

Post 2019.03.22 11:12

Hi,

lots of possibilities even if you don't find a fleet at your usual playtime (if we know what TZ you're in we can probably give you hints which campus would work at your playtimes):

- different missions - try the L4 epic arcs if you didn't yet or fly another ship for some extra spice - stratcruiser or Gila maybe?

- a bit of Nullsec fun - hop into a cheap clone and a cheap frig and do the Pirate Epic arcs for some lessons on surviving in hostile space and nice pirate BPCs.

- try burners

- get into Abysmal running - either solo or with two friends

- train some industry skills and join the "War is good for business" faction

Zoltan
<<

Sikandar Cole

Portrait

Post 2019.03.23 00:56

Well, if you have done everything that my good friend Aren suggests, maybe its time to Graduate to the next thing?
Image ImageImage

ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
ImageImageImage Image Image Image

<<

Glen Burney

Portrait

Post 2019.03.23 17:24

If you are interested in FW, give me a ring in-game. It's not FW, it's PVP that might ring your bell. I'm sure you have a pile of ISK saved up, why not try to be a pirate and do PVP in the FW area of Lowsec? I'm pretty sure it will kindle your fire... Have you ever been on a combat fleet? Incredible rush, tons of fun!
Anyway, if that interests you, just send me a message in-gate and I can help you get started.
ImageImage
<<

Shauny Tsero

Portrait

Mentor Manager
Mentor Manager

Post 2019.03.24 11:02

Have you considered joining the Fleet Command Community or the Events Department? With the FCC you can learn to be a FC, take out fleets for PVP or PVE and be part of a good community. The Events team are great they put on several events throughout the uni at various TZs and I'm sure they wouldn't say no to more help. With both of these you can create your own content, as well as content for others in the same or similar situation as yourself.

Hope that helps :)

Mentor Manager, Orientation Officer, Titles Officer, TA, Ensign, Former Student Advocate
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ImageImage ImageImage ImageImage
<<

Che Galtor

Portrait

Post 2019.03.29 20:37

Good thing that you post here!
60m is plenty SP, so I assume you can fly most ships and have decent skills across the board.

If you like a nice PvE challenge, take a look at running incursions or join up with the WHC to shoot sleepers. Both content is generally done in group and due that alone, a lot more fun. Hacking, to me, is very profitable in both the NSC and WHC. With some bad or very sweet sites every now and then.

For PVP the options are too plenty to name.

If you can tell me which aspects of EVE get you exited about.
Then I can hopefully/probably help you continue to have fun. Or should I say; help you create your own fun. Because that is what eve is about, at least for a large deal.

Edit: typed on my phone, apologies for any typos
"To boldly go, where others have probably gone before!"

Eve University Personel Officer and member of the WHC

Return to What Next?