Arbitrator +29.07m
Burst -7.37m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 239,780,396.36
ISK Lost: 18,268,737.81
ISK Delta: 221,511,658.55
Efficiency: 92.92%

Overall evaluation
  • We had a great fleet overall, really no complaints. Started off with a Gnosis or two, though it was very strange that the first one in Nennamaila did not generate a kill mail - we looked for it everywhere, no luck. The capsule kill is listed above. We killed a grab bag of cruisers and small frigate gangs, nothing super extraordinary, but a decent amount of confident.

(Positive stuff)

Feeling much better about FCing in general - actually starting to look forward to it!

(Negative stuff)
Other than a weird lost killmail, there was a Rifter we were chasing that we should not have, that cost us a frigate. During the same fight I could have grabbed a Catalyst, but he saw the UniBlob and bugged out. Regretted that slightly, but not a big deal.
Durnik Risalo

Re: [AAR] NoP Monday Night Roam 01/08/2019

Post by Durnik Risalo »

Definitely! Great fleet all around.

Also, a shout out to the logi. They caught me, as a vanguard, when I was quickly going into structure and saved me.
llanok Achasse

Post by llanok Achasse »

Satoshi Tomeii wrote:...though it was very strange that the first one in Nennamaila did not generate a kill mail - we looked for it everywhere, no luck. The capsule kill is listed above.
How's this for a theory?
What happens if I'm hanging around on a gate in my Gnosis, working on spreadsheets in space just minding my own business, when suddenly I'm mobbed and about to be killed by a blob of (gasp) E-Uni NEWBS. How will I ever live that down?

What if I hit eject so my ship becomes just some stuff in space? That way, when it goes BOOM it doesn't generate an embarrassing killmail, and I don't have to admit to my corp that I got blown up by a blob of Unistas. Then, while the E-Uni blob is still focused on shooting the ship, I can warp off in my capsule and get away. Except the warp out bit doesn't go as planned, and I get podded.

Do you suppose that would result in what we saw?
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

llanok Achasse wrote:
Satoshi Tomeii wrote:...though it was very strange that the first one in Nennamaila did not generate a kill mail - we looked for it everywhere, no luck. The capsule kill is listed above.
How's this for a theory?
What happens if I'm hanging around on a gate in my Gnosis, working on spreadsheets in space just minding my own business, when suddenly I'm mobbed and about to be killed by a blob of (gasp) E-Uni NEWBS. How will I ever live that down?

What if I hit eject so my ship becomes just some stuff in space? That way, when it goes BOOM it doesn't generate an embarrassing killmail, and I don't have to admit to my corp that I got blown up by a blob of Unistas. Then, while the E-Uni blob is still focused on shooting the ship, I can warp off in my capsule and get away. Except the warp out bit doesn't go as planned, and I get podded.

Do you suppose that would result in what we saw?
if you kill an assembled ship in space with no pilot, loss mail will still go onto whomever was last pilot, applies if they eject or if you launch a ship from a loot can etc, so shouldn't be what caused no mail in this case.
ImageImage ImageImage
Satoshi Tomeii
Title: Freshman

Post by Satoshi Tomeii »

The thought crossed my mind that he ejected. That did happen to me before, and I got the killmail.

I have heard some irregularities about killmails over this last week. Who knows - it may remain a mystery!
Branclem Bobbus

Post by Branclem Bobbus »

Is it possible the killing blow was from gate guns? He could have shot at someone who hadn't actually taken an aggressive action yet and we just got unlucky at the end... not sure if that can cause a missing killmail.

Anyway, great fleet and major props to the logi. I was in alone first to tackle the Maller after he jumped through the gate, and they showed up and bailed me out with literally 21% structure left. I thought I was a goner for sure!
Durnik Risalo

Post by Durnik Risalo »

No, *he* doesn't even have a loss on his killboard. Plus, we would have been on that killmail if it *had* happened that way.
Durnik Risalo

Post by Durnik Risalo »

Satoshi Tomeii wrote: Started off with a Gnosis or two, though it was very strange that the first one in Nennamaila did not generate a kill mail - we looked for it everywhere, no luck.
As of Jan 2019 Patch Notes:
* Fixed kill reports not generating when ships are destroyed by sentry guns.
Branclem Bobbus

Post by Branclem Bobbus »

Ha, so I was right! But just because I was lucky; I didn't actually know that such a bug existed :P.

Thanks for looping back to solve the mystery!