Esca Sinak - Merlin
Kirsi Isrik - Merlin
Kordun Naskingar - Merlin
Max Tsero - Burst, Merlin
Mike Kingswell - Merlin, Punisher
Mopfog - Merlin
Shauny Tsero - Burst, Merlin
Turlough Dominian - Merlin
This morning I woke up and felt the urge to roam. The call went out and 12 people answered! Shoutout to Esca for their first PVP fleet and not blowing up!

Kills and Losses

(19:26:30) Ouelletta
Heron +2.09m
We hadn't event started yet (were about to do our broadcast check) when Alf the Bloodthristy got his hands on a newbro Heron in Ouelletta. Killed it, SRP'ed his ship and send him the standard "nothing personal - learn about what you did wrong in Eve Universtiy!".

(19:45:46) Abune
Atron +4.22m
Scout Alf cought a Atron in Abune. Killed it, SRP'ed his ship and send him the standard "nothing personal - learn about what you did wrong in Eve Universtiy!".

(20:00:07) Tama
Caracal +27.87m
Capsule +6.71m
We had a Jaguar at sun in Tama. He jumped away and a Caracal jumped into our fleet, said "hi guys" and let us kill him without fighting back...Well I wont complain about a free kill.

(20:11:45) Hikkoken
Algos +4.64m
Vexor +23.07m
IMO best fight of the night. Alf reported 2 Algoses and a Vexor in a PLEX. Vanguard proceded to go in. 1 Algos managed to break away and get away while the other Algos and Vexor got killed. Logi managed to keep EVERYONE(including the scout!) from exploding! This was a classic "good fight" and great fun.

(20:28:35) Nennamaila
Burst -4.32m
Jaguar +58m
Damavik, Jaguar and FedNavy Comet kept playing range games with us. They got a Burst, we got a Jaguar. The rest of them took off.

(20:37:49) Nennamaila
Burst -2.89m
Burst -3.41m
Merlin -3.31m
Experimental fight#1 for tonight: Alf found a Armageddon anfter first hesitation I remembered the FCC rule:"If in doubt fight it". We lost 3 of us and then broke off since his reps could withstand our damage.

(20:58:39) Eha
Imperial Navy Slicer +20.11m
Thrasher +1.65m

(21:08:31) Alsavoinon
Merlin -5.71m
Merlin -9.74m
Experiment#2: Alf followed a Drake and baited him a bit. Was too much for us (mainly due to gateguns). Additionally FC got got by Gateguns - not Killreport for that though(didn't get one?).
Ares took the fleet out and on the way home.

(21:27:09) Renarelle
Punisher -7.83m
Capsule -0.01m
On the way to rejoin the fleet with a quick reship I got got again.

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 148,371,502.85
ISK Lost: 37,213,878.59
ISK Delta: 111,157,624.26
Efficiency: 79.948%

Overall evaluation
  • Good turnout on (yet another) impromtu fleet
    good fights and fun was had
    Logi did a great job <3
    Alf did a great job <3
    Even the expremental fights didn't welp us and we/I learned something from them. IMO well worth the risk
    The 2. Algos got away since we didn't have anyone calling targets for scout+vanguard while FC was not on. Next time either have scout call targets until FC gets there or have clearer instructions by FC beforehand.

Shoutout to B'aldrick for having reships in Ichoria!
Last edited by Mike Kingswell on 2019.01.02 22:22, edited 4 times in total.
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] BLAPMerlinLowsecRoam - 2nd Jan 2019

Post by Turlough Dominian »

ty for fleet o7 much appreciated
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Mopfog
Title: Always a Fresh Man, Freshman

Post by Mopfog »

Very fun fleet! Thanks!
Alf Saissore
Title: Sophomore

Post by Alf Saissore »

Again, a massive thanks to the logi for this one. I was flying a really tanky (20+ehp) Punisher as a tackle, which allowed me to tank gate guns and do all sorts of silly stuff tackle usually avoids. But even with that I would have died like 10+ times without the logi. That just kept the content coming... :-)
Penelore

Post by Penelore »

Great looking fleet Mike.
Well done.
Experimental fight#1 for tonight: Alf found a Armageddon anfter first hesitation I remembered the FCC rule:"If in doubt fight it". We lost 3 of us and then broke off since his reps could withstand our damage.
This was my favorite part of the AAR. Not only because you took the fight you didnt know if you could win, but that you figured out you couldnt win it with limited losses and bugged out. And a bit later tried another thing you weren't sure about. I find this to be the thing I struggle with most, engaging when I honestly have no idea.
B'aldrick Aivoras
Title: Graduate

Post by B'aldrick Aivoras »

Was a nice fleet - we got a few engagements and my Slasher survived - great fun flying with you as always Mike o7
Graduate
Assistant Orientation Manager | Senior Personnel Ofiicer
|
FCC Manager
ImageImageImageImageImage
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Glad you had fun! As always it is the Friend Ship that made this fleet good! Pure pleasure flying with!
Alumnus, Teacher
Kelon Darklight
Title: Royal Champion of House Tash-Murkon, Chatty Kelon, Master Baiter, Graduate

Post by Kelon Darklight »

https://zkillboard.com/kill/74367867/ So I looked up the armageddon you lost some stuff too, and I think you could have killed it eventually with the right tatics. What you could have done here is defang it, then the cruises are quite limited impact vs frigates, and it would have eventually run out of cap to run the repper as it is no where near cap stable. even if it just runs reactive and a single rep, it is only repping 514 hp/s before drugs/implants/drugs/heat, and with your 10 man gang with the 2-3 logi,you should be pumping out somewhere around 1k dps assuming each fit can do 150 dps, which is not unreasonable. Defang the drones, then the only dps is the cruise missiles which should be not super high, though the primary would do well to burn outside of scram/grappler range so they can bail if needed. Eventually he would run out of 3600s and die.

As far as the drake engagement goes, main mistake was engaging him on the gate, I looked him up, and holy tank batman: https://zkillboard.com/kill/74442199/ but he had no web, which would have given you guys a decent chance to kill him as he was firing hams vs frigates with no webs. Also you can shot at someone at a gate, bounce, then warp back in and the gate guns won't shoot you for whatever target (s) you have aggressed on in that period. Key for the primary would be to keep up speed as high as possible while being shot at.
Champion of Tash-Murkon
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Thanks for those insigts Kelon! Really appreciate it :)
Especially the Armagedon fight! I can definatly follow your reasoning about defanging and then witteling it down. Didn't even occure to me that slow and steady might win the race since he seemed to hold his tank quite securly and even baited us into staying by playing a bit with it.

This just shows that no matter how one sees a specific engagement happening there is always more happening behind the scenes that you have to consider and weigh up against what might also be happening!
Alumnus, Teacher
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Sounds like a great fleet.

I love that you tested out your fleet through some experimental fights, I think trying something out like that is the best way to learn and a good way to see what your fleet can do.

On the Drake fight, I’m usually hesitant when on a normal roam the FC wants to engage a non-flashy on gate. Chances are the majority of newbros and those that don’t roam often don’t completely understand the gate gun mechanics and how to bounce/rotate tackle till everyone has shed the gate gun aggro, it looks like this may have been the case here. Unfortunately a couple good gate gun hits can blap a frig pretty quick if they don’t know how to shed them.

I also really like the fact you did some recruitment as you went. That’s something I do on my solo stuff as well.you get a few interested people here and there plus some entertaining salt. I think sending these out to npc corp kills should be SOP for FCCs on fleets as it’s a fantastic way to leverage our interactions with other players to possibly recruit some.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage