Abyssal Frigate Site Running

Forum rules
This forum can be viewed by the public.
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.11.27 13:07

Abyssal Frigate Site Running

This will turn into a wiki update at some point but for those paying attention to the calendar will know I've been running frigate sites with willing participants on Tuesday evenings with a view to learning what the minimum requirements are, rather than diving in at the deepest end possible with pirates or assault frigates.

Pre-requisites to running sites:
Basic understanding of the Abyssal Site mechanics: https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Abyssal_Deadspace
Overview settings: pilots need to ensure on their preferred overview tab they have 'precursor cache', 'abyssal drone entities' and 'abyssal spaceship entities' all checked.
Understanding of the different methods of target prioritisation. Broadcast Target, both how to and how to see broadcast targets. Tagging, having the tag column on your overview and someone tagging targets.

Tier 1 sites:

Experimentation found that in any reasonably fit T1 frigate, 3 people can do these really easily with no real threat of losses. MWDs may be preferable to reduce the time taken to collect loot from structures.

Example fit (drone/ammo could be interchangeable for the specific site effects but also ignoring the site effects wasn't an issue):

SPOILER WARNING!
[Tormentor, Zeerse Solaris's Tormentor]
200mm Rolled Tungsten Compact Plates
Damage Control II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Phased Scoped Target Painter

Small Focused Modulated Pulse Energy Beam I,Multifrequency S

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Processor Overclocking Unit I
Small Trimark Armor Pump I

Hornet II x3

Tier 2 sites:
Experimentation showed that more thought is needed into fits for t1 frigates. 3 experienced pilots with their in game skills could survive some tier 2 sites in the above kind of fits, but it's not guaranteed. A room with dual battlescruisers blapped t1 base fit frigates.

Dark Sites: with a bonus to speed and how many rooms have frigate opponents, slowing down targets to apply is required. I came up with the below doctrine to try (unproven at time of writing). The concept is that the rocket rifter webs down targets for the tristans' drones to apply, and with rockets himself, the rifter won't have any tracking issues while giving it as much cap life as it can, and it being relatively tanky.

[Tristan, *Tier 2 Dark Tristan]
SPOILER WARNING!
Damage Control II
Drone Damage Amplifier II

Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner
Small Ancillary Shield Booster

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Small Anti-Thermal Screen Reinforcer I

Warrior SW-300 x1
Acolyte II x6

Cap Booster 150 x20

[Rifter, *Dark Tier 2 Rifter]
SPOILER WARNING!
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
400mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates

Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I
Small Anti-Kinetic Pump I

Mjolnir Rage Rocket x100
Missile Precision Script x1
Inferno Rage Rocket x100
Mjolnir Javelin Rocket x100

Tier 2 Electrical:

Caldari Kestrel - if being targeted switch off own web and afterburner, use repper in bursts to tank. Switch ammo type depending on targets.

[Kestrel, *Tier 2 Electrical Kestrel]
SPOILER WARNING!
Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

Medium Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
Medium C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I

Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II
Rocket Launcher II

Small Ancillary Current Router I

Mjolnir Rage Rocket x3000
Caldari Navy Mjolnir Rocket x3000

Amarr Punisher
SPOILER WARNING!
[Punisher, Simulated Punisher]
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Energized EM Membrane II
Damage Control II
Small Armor Repairer II
Extruded Compact Heat Sink

Small Focused Pulse Laser II

Small Capacitor Control Circuit I

Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x16

Tristan - fast moving drones may not be good to hit fast moving frigates in abyssal sites, so I've included a couple of webbing warriors which might help others apply if all 3 pilots were in these, otherwise, consider 2 tristans and another frigate fitted with webs. Note the drone damage type for the resist profile of electricals i.e acolytes.

SPOILER WARNING!
[Tristan, Tristan]
Damage Control II

Small C5-L Emergency Shield Overload I
1MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Medium Shield Extender II

Small Core Defense Operational Solidifier I

Warrior SW-300 x2
Acolyte II x6
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor
<<

Milja Itazura

Portrait

Post 2018.11.28 22:16

Re: Abyssal Frigate Site Running

It's good to see I'm not the only one who's considered webbing drones on a Tristan for these sites. I'd like to join you, but I need to get my times synched up. Do you require pilots to fly your doctrines, or are you still open to trying new T1 fits given enough notice and discussion?
Milja Itazura

"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

"Ha ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!'"

Current industry initiatives:

Beginner Exploration contracts available in 101

Gallente Starter Packs available in 101

Caldari Starter Packs available in 101

I'm also on the "Pretty Good Refine List"!
<<

Zeerse Solaris

Portrait

Post 2018.11.29 14:48

Re: Abyssal Frigate Site Running

Milja Itazura wrote:It's good to see I'm not the only one who's considered webbing drones on a Tristan for these sites. I'd like to join you, but I need to get my times synched up. Do you require pilots to fly your doctrines, or are you still open to trying new T1 fits given enough notice and discussion?

Hello - our conclusion for webbing drones was that they aren't that much use and quite fragile, better to take full range of combats for spares and have someone else along to web for the Tristan(s). Hence the double web Rifter made sure the drones always applied.

We're still very much at the start of this for tier 2 sites. So very open to anyone else suggesting T1 fits and doctrines. I'd like to stay in doctrine to help prove if it works or not but that can be anyone's doctrine not just mine. So if you have a strong fit that should work on it's own, I'd suggest all 3 pilots going in with it, and if we reached a point of being able to say as long as 3 pilots are in any one of these fits, that's as good as being able to say a specific combination of fits works.
E-uni Teacher:: Apply to be a teacher
E-uni Mentor: Apply to be a mentor

Return to Player vs Environment