My Solo PvP Diary

Marcus Arilia

Re: My Solo PvP Diary

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Log: 2018/11/18

Roamed around for a very long while. Eventually found a target that didn’t run away immediately. Likely cause they were afk.
Incursus 839,431.60

This one at least warped off after I killed him, granted he still didn’t fight back.
Tristan 663,836.40

Another cyno added to the collection. I made the mistake of not getting fully aligned before my initial hit to lose the sentry gun aggro, so they almost wiped me. Won’t forget that again.
Heron 1,144,106.89

Found a Merlin. He was ready and waiting and very quickly took me down with his blasters. He was outpacing my armor rep like crazy. Looking at the player profile now he’s been around for over 5 yrs, so I’m not overly surprised now. Not winning the isk battle today.
Tristan 6,881,109.20

Setup in a novice and got to my optimal. An Executioner came in. I got him on long point and started applying damage. He was a speedy little sucker and came in close with his MWD. He eventually scrammed webbed me. By then I think he was running low on cap and his armor gave out. Then he started trying to get away so I MWD’d towards him and overheated my point to 28km. I ended up taking him down before he got away.
Executioner 6,636,615.64

Again, preset up at optimal. This time an Atron came in. This one took some range control as he almost got out of range and almost closed a few times. Then his tank took awhile to work all the way down. I eventually got him though, and because I maintained range he never got any damage on me.
Atron 7,554,357.95

Another Atron came in on me while I was at optimal, obviously didn’t go well for him.
Atron 2,911,853.51
Capusle 10,000.00

I was feeling ballsy and thought I’d try to take on a Coercer in a small. Turns out it was the same guy as above. I landed, and he was at about 5,000 km. I hit my MWD and tried to get range before locking him up. He managed to get me webbed, but with the MWD still on I got out to 20k. I pulsed the MWD while at range to maintain some speed and managed to maintain enough velocity to keep him from hitting me. Once he was down to hull, he started to try to take out the drones. He got down 2 or 3 of them before I realized it, but once I sent out reinforcements, he finished off quickly.
Coercer 11,277,920.46
Capusle 10,000.00

Logged back in after some errands to find a Merlin at an asteroid belt. Must have been a newbie, he went down quick, sent him my recruitment mail. That makes five killmarks on this Tristan, I think that’s a record.
Merlin 1,531,795.78

An Incursus was coming in which I was fine with. I’m not sure what I did wrong, but he burned to me and fast. Ended up scramming me. Then a Hookbill and Burst landed on grid. Needless to say the three of them took me out. Turns out though, they were not in fact his friends.
Tristan 6,881,109.20
Incursus 8,160,138.39

Daily Total
Killed: 32,579,918.23
Lost: 13,762,218.40
Other: 8,160,138.39
Last edited by Marcus Arilia on 2018.11.20 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Graduate xxxxxx Former FCC Staff xxxxxx Content Creator
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Falling Snow KumaMoto

Post by Falling Snow KumaMoto »

Your last tristan loss of the day has the wrong link - linked to the first one (by the V0lta guy) by mistake.
ImageImage Image ImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Falling Snow KumaMoto wrote:Your last tristan loss of the day has the wrong link - linked to the first one (by the V0lta guy) by mistake.
Thanks, should be fixed now.
ImageImageImageImage
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Marcus Arilia wrote:
Setup in a novice and got to my optimal. An Executioner came in. I got him on long point and started applying damage. He was a speedy little sucker and came in close with his MWD. He eventually scrammed webbed me. By then I think he was running low on cap and his armor gave out. Then he started trying to get away so I MWD’d towards him and overheated my point to 28km. I ended up taking him down before he got away.
Executioner 6,636,615.64

Again, preset up at optimal. This time an Atron came in. This one took some range control as he almost got out of range and almost closed a few times. Then his tank took awhile to work all the way down. I eventually got him though, and because I maintained range he never got any damage on me.
Atron 7,554,357.95
Marcus Arilia wrote: I was feeling ballsy and thought I’d try to take on a Coercer in a small. Turns out it was the same guy as above. I landed, and he was at about 5,000 km. I hit my MWD and tried to get range before locking him up. He managed to get me webbed, but with the MWD still on I got out to 20k. I pulsed the MWD while at range to maintain some speed and managed to maintain enough velocity to keep him from hitting me. Once he was down to hull, he started to try to take out the drones. He got down 2 or 3 of them before I realized it, but once I sent out reinforcements, he finished off quickly.
Coercer 11,277,920.46
Capusle 10,000.00
Nice job Marcus,
sounds like your getting comfy with the engagements you can think about whats happening during, and not just after, that's a big leap, not to be ignored

enjoying your thoughts keep it up

pew pew pew
ImageImage ImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Troven Smalvard wrote:
Nice job Marcus,
sounds like your getting comfy with the engagements you can think about whats happening during, and not just after, that's a big leap, not to be ignored

enjoying your thoughts keep it up

pew pew pew
Thanks Troven! Defiantly been a great learning experience. Will be a bit before another update though. Gotta rat the sec status back up.
ImageImageImageImage
Tansarii Kashada
Title: Ensign, Graduate

Post by Tansarii Kashada »

Very much enjoying reading your AAR's and seeing your obvious growth from where you started to where you are now! Keep it up - this kind of stuff is great for the overall community too!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Log: 2018/11/25
I'm putting this one in here since it was sorta solo from the actual kill, and sorta not since it ended up being a bit of an op, and there were a lot of learnings.
Spoiler
Eir Geiravor- Hawk
Marcus Arilia- Vexor
Taqukaq Agayar- Something?
Ticerium- Buzzard
VincentSeradin- Astero
Ticerium- Buzzard
So while we were all going about our business we got a report via NSC Intel from VincentSeradin that there was a neut Kikimora in X-P that had come from a wormhole that VincentSeradin was sitting in. Since I'm ears only I started chatting in fleet and trying to see if we could take it. Almost this entire operation occurred in fleet chat since multiple people were either ears only like me, or not in coms.

We decided we'd try to defend the pocket and I immediately headed that way in my Vexor. By the time I got in system he had already popped back into the wormhole so I rolled the wormhole. We had eyes at that point on two of the three wormholes in system. The Kikimora bounced around a few times and since it was a mid size wormhole we lost visual on it a few times. At one point I thought he may have headed back into X-P and rolled back. He wasn't there so I rolled back in. Eventually he warped back to the hole that VincentSeradin was sitting on.

Due to some positioning issues VincentSeradin got de-cloaked and lost his Astero. The Hawk and I started applying DPS once we landed and got him into about 1/2 armor. At that point he jumped the hole. It took me a second to realize it and recall drones. I then decided to follow.

I ended up in high sec, and everyone else stayed in the hole. He never actually engaged us so we didn't have combat timers with him. Since I knew it was safe I just kinda hung out there for a second. I saw him de-cloak, and warp off. He came back with full health so he must have repped at a station. Once he was back he challenged me to a duel. I saw I was not at optimal and didn't have drones out so I used my MWD to remedy that and locked him. Then hit 'Accept'. I opened up my blasters and sent two T1 Hammerheads and three T3 hobs at him. I also got scram and double web on him. I noticed he had a beast of an armor tank, and once he got me into hull he was about 3/4 of the way through his armor. At that point I also realize I hadn't overheated my guns, so I did that. After I finished off his armor his hull just melted. He had gotten me down to about 1/3 armor left when he went down. He gf'd in local and popped off. Makes for a pretty solo kill on the zKillboard.
Kikimora 344,217,122.42
Capsule 10,000.00

I rolled back into the hole and back into X-P. Unfortunately, though that was one too many rolls of that wormhole in a cruiser and it left VincentSeradin, Ticerium, and Eir stuck on the other side. Our friend was nice enough to pop back into the hole from the high sec side in a pod and thanked us for the fight and said he was impressed with the Uni response and the fight.

Good
- The fight ended up being really good (I'm amazed I solo'd him in a 28 mil Vexor)
- We managed to stay semi organized even though it was just a typing fight.

Bad
- I should have asked where the hole was headed, if it was high sec we shouldn't have taken the fight when he could jump whenever.
- Being typey (vs. if I was able to talk on coms) is not the ideal way for me to try to organize something.
- Without having a true FC we lacked good orders on positioning and VincentSeradin had an unfortunate loss due to getting uncloaked.
- I shouldn't have jumped the hole into the pocket so many times in something as large as a cruiser.

Daily Total
Killed: 344,227,122.42
Lost: 0
Other: 0
ImageImageImageImage
Eir Geiravor

Post by Eir Geiravor »

Marcus, great roll up of the engagement. A few things we, at least I, could improve on:
Spoiler
* When we initially jumped into the WH system I should have made a BM of the exit, in my excitement I just sat there waiting.

* We waited too long to warp in, as I recall I warped to Vincent when he said he was 5.4km from the target ship.

* When I warped to Vincent I warped to zero (0) which may have been what uncloaked him - when I landed the fight was just getting started - Next time the cloaky scout should never have been that close, and I should have warped at distance (5km would have made all the difference).

* Before jumping into a WH check it's info - in the heat of the moment I didn't check the status of the WH, on the way out I had the good luck to get the WH has collapsed message. I was stuck in a WH with no probing equipment - luckily the buzzard was in as well, he gave me a warp in onto the HS hole - he decided to continue to poke around the WH chain. I would have loved to stay, but I didn't want to put the other pilot in a position where he couldn't run if necessary.
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Log: 2018/11/27
Found an Atron on D and warped in, he was fighting the frig. I locked him up and took him down. Looks like a newbie so I sent my recruiting mail to him.
Atron 864,009.30

Setup at optimal in a plex and waited. An Atron came in. Grabbed him and sent off the drones. They got through most of his armor and then he started picking them off. He also tried to slingshot me, so I ended up overheating my point. I had to keep sending more drones out as well. Eventually it was enough to take him down, but I only had four drones left in the end.
Atron 7,762,127.12
Capsule 10,000.00

Tristan started talking to me in local. Told him my suspect timer was from looting wrecks. Not sure whether he believed me or not, but he stayed in system. Eventually he decided to warp to my plex. Once he was in, I grabbed him and applied drones. I saw he had three Fed Navy Hobs so I decided to take my chances that he was either blaster or scram fit and still engage. I realized I was right when he wasn’t doing any damage. I left my MWD on for awhile as he tried to close range. I managed to stay out of range fairly well. Unfortunately, at that point the drones caught up and started on me. With me now having to pulse my MWD he almost got out of range a few times so I also had to pulse overheating on my point. Eventually I took him down. I noticed at the end he had typed in local asking me to spare him… well that’s silly. He was apparently legitimately upset since he gave me a 50 mil bounty. But hey, it says I’m wanted now… at least someone wants me... granted they’re called bounty hunters.
Tristan 19,193,766.39

Daily Total
Killed: 27,829,902.81
Lost: 0
ImageImageImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Log: 2018/12/4

Off to new and different things. I bought myself a shiny new Astero for WHC, and we ended up rolling a Bacon with a low sec connection, so I thought I’d test it out. I popped through into low and immediately saw an Atron on D at the large. Only guy in system was a carebear with a ton of Atron losses, so off I went. Ended up getting decloaked when I landed, but for some reason he hadn’t warped off. So, I MWD’d towards him and pointed him, then quickly closed in the scram. He didn’t fight back and I burned through him. Turns out he was a plex camper, and likely forgot to turn off his AB when warping out. He also said many mean things in mail and in convo. Not happy about getting plex camp pewed.
Atron 392,472.17

Hopped a gate from the Bacon low connection and found a relic site. Figured I’d try the whole site camping thing. So, I hit the MWD to make a perch. I then got distracted by a neut in Bacon so headed back there. Once that was resolved I returned to find a Heron on my Relic site. I warped to the perch, waited till he was on a box, and warped right in. Took him down nice and quickly, and E-Uni mail sent.
Heron 37,609,790.83

Well after that Heron I decided to camp out a little longer. A guy came in system and did some scanning. During this time, I thought about going after an Atron which ended in no Atron death and me accidently decloaking myself. The scanner then left, then came back. Him coming back I thought was a little weird but whatever. When he came back, he was in an Astero. Should have been clue #1. In looking at his zKill most of his kills were against larger things, and he appeared to be alone. He had never lost one before, but usually flew cov ops so I figured he’d have a PvE fit and thought I’d give it a try. I warped in on him. He quickly scrammed me and threw out his drones. This should have been my second clue. A few seconds later someone with a very similar name came into system, and a Confessor landed on me. At this point I figured I was done for. Kept trying to shoot the Astero, and just let it happen. GF’d in local and headed back in Innu to go shopping for a new Astero.

Looking back, clues #1 and #2 should have been enough for me to sense a trap, especially since I accidently decloaked myself and he likely picked me up on D. On top of that in the end when I was scrammed and for sure knew it was a trap, what I should have done was pull in my Hob IIs and thrown out ECMs to try and get away. I’ve never flown with ECM drones before, but now I know. Going after and Astero with another Astero was probably a bad idea when I’ve only been flying this one for 2 days. I also should have tried to ditch the Heron loot before perching for another kill. Overall while an expensive loss, at least I learned some things.
Astero 81,014,393.91

After my shopping trip for a new Astero was done, I went back to Innu and sat on Eggs. A little bit later a Heron came in. I was too slow to do the uncloak and lock up, so I ended up having to D scan till I found him uncloaked off a planet. After a bit of positioning I point and scrammed him, and promptly took him down. Then sent another recruitment mail.
Heron 9,096,087.36
Capsule 10,000.00

Daily Total
Killed: 47,108,350.36
Lost: 81,014,393.91
ImageImageImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Log: 2019/01/04

And time for another entry of my silly PvP adventures:
Well after a small payday from Wormhole life I decided it was time to try something new. I had a Daredevil that I got as a present from Santa. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel like jumping all the way there and then back to Jita. So instead I bought a new one.

After my morning cooled down, I hopped on to destress. I took my new toy out for a test drive. I learned rather quickly that Daredevils are slightly feared as almost everything I tried to engage jumped off before I could even lock them. Eventually I found a Navitas that was apparently AFK while camping a plex. It obviously did not go well for him.
Navitas 261,432.36

I continued to hop around, and overall things were dead which was disappointing. Eventually I needed to dock up, but when I did, I noticed a Cormorant burning away from the station and it was at about 400km. Well at this point I was pretty bored, so I went chasing. After about 5 minutes I caught up to him. Again, must have been AFK as he did nothing as I pew’d him.
Cormorant 732,249.01

Well after that adventure I kept warping around and kept finding nothing. I was getting ready to head back to Eggs when I came upon a couple T1 frigs and a Succubus on D scan. The T1s ended up being scared Tristans that warped off as soon as I slid. However, as I warped around to the plexes I eventually noticed the Succubus move to within 1 AU of me which I thought was interesting. I was sitting on the gate and he landed right on top of me. Finally, a live one. I got him scrammed and webbed and turned on my AB while orbiting at 1,000. I quickly noticed I wasn’t applying at all and everything was missing. At first, I was confused at how that was happening because with webs like that he isn’t going anywhere. So, I tried to approach and see if that helped even though I was right on top of him, and still nothing. Eventually I figured it out, it was my AB. I had way too much transversal for a sig as small as his regardless of how slow it is, and as soon as I turned it off, he went down quickly. Luckily, he barely got me into armor and I even had Nanite Paste left in the rep after he was down. Couldn’t get the pod, but at least the faction rep dropped.
Succubus 111,143,710.32

Well that was silly. I didn’t start moving in time and quickly was taken down by an instalocking Thrasher. Sad but I guess inevitably it would have happen. I should have started manually flying as soon as I saw him land, but I didn’t and instead waited for him to land. At that point he locked me basically standing still and his alpha and the next wave almost destroyed me. I turned on my rep and got him to at least half armor, but it wasn’t enough. Well on the plus side at least I’m isk positive. However, for now I’ll keep my profile to frigates.
Daredevil 98,923,765.70

Daily Total
Killed: 112,137,391.69
Lost: 98,923,765.70
ImageImageImageImage
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

Lost two Daredevils and a loot filled Helios due to pure stupidity on all accounts. Gonna take a break from FW solo frigs for a bit, or at least the expensive ones.
ImageImageImageImage
Drault Sarn

Post by Drault Sarn »

wooo nice reading keep up thew good work
Marcus Arilia

Post by Marcus Arilia »

The Salt Edition
So as many of you know, when I kill someone in a NPC Corp I like to send them a Uni mail. This is because the only interaction most pilots have with us are from us killing them (or them killing us), and maybe if I'm lucky one or two of the souls will decide to join. I also recommend this to FCs, as it's another way we can recruit. My personal mail goes something like this:

"Hey, sorry for killing ya. You should consider joining EVE University as it's a great place to learn how to play the game. Fly safe!"

Now most don't reply, there are some that ask about the Uni, and many that acknowledge that death is part of the game. Now we know not everyone is that way, for those salty few since we're the Uni and supposed to be above reproach I reply back with this link. However, for this edition rather than rehash what I did during some kills, I'll instead let you read some of the lovely salt I've collected.

"The end of my eve online game with this fight"

"f*ck fool me the ship it is necessary to buy and fly the f*ck knows where on the capsule nerd"
-Looks like a bad google translate to me

"jajaja tan chistoso sabe usted que no se pueden destruir las cápsulas si no se tarjeta sabes si te vuelvo a ver te are pedasos maldito estoy peleando si algo ok"
-Which google translates to "hahaha so funny you know that you can not destroy the capsules if you do not know you know if I see you again, you are f***ing, damn I am fighting if something ok"

"why the f*** do you think i wqas chilling by the sun while running scanner probes, you didn't have to pod me either you f***ing pr**k"
-At least he censored himself.

"i think it's time for me to delete this game for ever and never instal it again. Bb, have a good time"

"If shooting for beginners is the main goal of the corporation, then I, perhaps, will refuse."

"Thanks for f***ing up 3 days of play for me you sack of shit. T3 killing a T1 for 20 mill of cargo, motherfucking piece of trash"

"not a chance you tool. "

So as you can see not everyone enjoys being the content Bob provides. But a few will understand, and might even considering joining the Uni.
ImageImageImageImage