[AAR] Troven Smalvard - solo comp

Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Troven Smalvard - solo comp

Post by Troven Smalvard »

Not sure if i will keep up the log as i'm easily distracted and as management aware i already lose starting points :)
But had fun reading the other posts already up and yo never know i thought i might have a shot at the miner murder title until Atticus set of to an orca rip roaring start :(

Also i should do some learning, soo... i'll try and make good comments:

LAZY SUNDAY'S

Do you want ants? ...because this is how you get ants vOv
+70 mil +1 Miner +2 Industrials

Mapping the chain see a Covetor at an anom, check out the structures and 3 online, figure i can pop a covetor weak tank and see what responds and be gone if its too much.
Warping back to my perch i'm aligning to pounce and Miasmos warps into a jetcan. nice.
Warp to can, scram the covetor, bump the miamos and melt him then hit the covetor while aligning out.
miasmos pod doesn't warp and i have time to lock him while shooting covetor, also don't see velocity on 2nd pod so pop them both incase is response, lessons the numbers.
Frig (can remember what, not an inty though) undocks on D, so i warp off don't want to get long pointed by something i can hit and not have a choice on the Calvary.
warp to a random poco at range to get off grid (should have gone back to my perch but, Bob likes my mistake) and i land randomly on grid with iteron, so he dies for the cause to. hes awake and pod goes back to fort.

(epilouge : they bring out a bait domi (who scoops my corpses (they were mine fair and square!!) and log on 4 more pilots i call back up but were in wrong tz so 2 guys join in frigs to try and get the domi with plan to run when the back up comes - sure enough another domi, geddon and a cruiser comes out to play, and we run away, unfortunately a plucky slicer flew too close to the sun and got scram grappled and diediedied )

"He" told you so
+158 mil +1 Dora
still wandering lonely as a cloud, a wild astero is spotted, but doesn't cloak so maybe he could be hacking, its a new jump so don't have sigs yet so start dscan.
fortunately for me hes apears to be around a planet. so i war to poco to get better angles.
Bob behold hes sat at the poco at 100km, hes warped from somewhere else so about 40 of me, but not moving.
i slow boat over cloaked, thinking he'll go to a sig soon but then i'll know which to scan .... anyway he doesn't move... and dies....
Then i get a convo.... a 3 way (smirk face) he starts by saying you killed me :sadface: but in lighthearted non salty, 3 rd guy is his corp mentor, who starts telling him off for being in an astero with no cloak, why in h**l have the lig which costs more than the ship and asks me to tell his mentee what he did wrong. All was in good humour, we had a wee chat about must cloaks in WH (turns out he is alpha so can't covops) so we give him a heron fit that is better for 1.5 mil and some other tips on dscan and safe spots for scanning etc and go on our way

Huffing AFK is bad M'kay
+16MIl +1 Miner
at least he only had cheap learning implants in

errrrm, warp to me
-730 MIl +1 of the usual to Troven please
I wouldn't be me without doing me.
Wasn't meant to be solo, but i gave the wrong coordinates to the team :oops: so i died alone so can go here for lolipops
active wandering connection to innu, was an attemped low effort evict going on through the day with some poco bashing that i vouyered but didnt engage ( don't forget uni rules peeps)
saw an attempt to roll a new connect, combat scanned the mega, told the peeps the target....
then warped at zero :faceplam: to the combat scan hit ....
decloaked landing on the BB so called people to jump... which they did....to the sytem i told them... which i wasn't in vOv
tackled mega anyway, then his buddies popped through their hole to say hello and i was 7 km off grappled rather than on the hole where i would have been from a proper perch and the end is swift... F

Scores on the Doors

Miners 2
Explorers 1
Industrials 2
Things that might fight back 0

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +244 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard
Title: Assistant Manager (Orientation), Gate is Primary, Point on Primary, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Troven Smalvard - solo comp

MONDAY MONDAY, Bah-da bah-da-da-da

Not a Golem
+10 mil +1 Dora

Very very quiet early evening in WHC, so much so i was all alone :( after cleaning mapper and BMs from the night before turns out we had a new Bacon so set about going for a look.
MTU in space .... good sign, 2 people in fortizar ... good sign.... but no one in space.... bad :(
maybe they are just on a bio, zkill says no deaths in here in last few hours so hopefully they were not spooked by someone else.
after a while of no activity i go off grid to drop probes and get the sigs. then return to keep a peepin at they fort

then, there she is .... "such and such's
GOLEM " on D :D praise bob, as i'm excitedly preparing my carefully spelded ping he warps from, HS to the fort, docks, and then all 3 pilots log off within 2 minutes :crying face:

sit a while longer, nothing, nothing, nothing, 15 minutes go by so i go pop the MTU out of frustration

its not a bad c3 to farm, a HS and a massed null and the rest f our chain is EOLs so i go get in a ratter to take advantage.
as i jump back in probes on D .... damn nature you scary,
I'm in a VNI so not much good for finding prey. i wait my timer, then make it very obvious where i am and check to see if the probes are close by, then go back into innu, grab a cloaky sabre and see what comes a lookin

few minutes later, a mighty heron jumps through, so i bubble up and prepare to jump back after him, ....
he burns away from the hole ?
could it be a trap, surely he is pulling me to my expectant demise?
why isn't he cloaking?
is it a tracking disrupt heron?

am i too paranoid from dying to a rolling BS yesterday? yes.

so i scram and shoot and scoop the loot corpse

I did warn, my AARs are ramble waffles, sorry if you got this far :)
i'll get you next time mr golem :shakes fist:
(the later peeps actually killed golem pilot after i logged off, but he was in an oracle, so, good job)

Scores on the Doors

Miners 2
Explorers 2
Industrials 2
Things that might fight back 0

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +254 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

TUESDAY

Praxis makes perfect
+117 mil +1 Things with guns!!

Got to scan more holes gotta scan more holes gotta go deeper!! usual WHC early hours, 2 people in mumble not much happening so i go out explororing for content while chatting
In my haste to find content i accidentally jump into Kspace eww. But there is a mighty Praxis on scan... but... 6 people in local, that doesn't seem very good for my odds.
decide to go check out which dude it is expecting him to be on a structure somewhere.
Turns out Mr Praxis is actually ratting? as wrecks come up on D. Find him at an annom, but assume its bait as the ratting only started after i entered local.
Get the pilot name while i'm sat on my perch and throw him in Zkill, brand new to pvp, just one industrial loss no kills
check the local again and only one other pilot from his corp and there is a magnate over the other side of system, so -1 stranger danger.
I'm watching Lussy Lou's stream as he tries to take down an orca with a stratios and cheering him on over the evil jams of the rescue QRF so i'm in no rush, and still think the Praxis is bait.
Praxis warps off after only killing half the wave, so i assume he got bored of me not biting, intel patience success! follow him to see where his cronies are hiding.
Praxis sits on upwell for a bit and then warps back to same anom...?? was he just repping? is he struggling to tank? new playerish, I mean maybe?

Lussy Lou kills the orca just in time before combined QRF of about 5 cruisers finally gets the Stratios :thumbs up: so with that in mind i decide to go for my guy and see what comes to rescue.
warp in to a wreck close cloaked, get within 10km to be able to scram incase he has a jump drive, decloak and orbit with AB on at the edge of scram range, as even a low skill blaster Praxis can have some decent DPS and especially if he is somehow bait and has a grappler and i'm too close...
but he is heavy missile fit so application to me is no good for him
keep an eye out on warp out aligns just in case in the sweep of orbit, but the help is too slow and pop goes the weasel
and because he shot back, and more importantly because he decided to not warp off, i can shoot the empty pod in lo without extra troubles

moral learning of today's AAR... watch Lussy Lou's twitch, he's top notch and will inspire you to greater things on your PvP journey :D

also i shot something with guns, are you proud of me now Turtle?

Scores on the Doors

Miners 2
Explorers 2
Industrials 2
Things that might fight back 1

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +371 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

WEDNESDAY's Child is full of Woe

The Hunter becomes the Prey
+182 mil +1 Dora

My usual tootling about hoping to find the elusive seiged ratting phoenix in a wolf rayet to no avail so carry on looking for smaller prey.
i'm on my way back to innu and jump into previously scanned Bacon. there are 2 sets of probes out in space so it looks like things will improve if even a little bit.
finally see a heron on D and set about finding him, and when he warps to a data site i go for a perch but as i'm doing so i see a astero on D.
since there has been 2 sets of probes all this time i hope asteroid is also hunting heron and so i sit and watch hoping he will come tackle heron and i can get juicer target....
unfortunately astero is sat at a planet and doesn't come over, and the heron doesn't hack last 2 cans, i assume he has finally remembered to check Dscan and warps out of the site... all is lost, sad face etc
but then astero comes to the site and starts to go to hack last 2 cans? not to look a gift horse in the mouth twice, i warp to one of the last cans at 10 and wait for him to hack, decloak and press buttons, he sends some ec300s but to no avail and i get some loot for my troubles.

After few minutes the heron is back, he's probing from a safe but isn't cloaked. given his seeming lack of Dscan aware earlier and because i'm bored i decide a combat probe instead of waiting for him to find a new site.

seriously kids fit a cloak in Jspace
+1mil +1 Dora
at least it appears to have jumped to hi sec to drop off his loot after the spook [Boo for me] but then got over keen and came back to continue his explorering,

Scores on the Doors

Miners 2
Explorers 4
Industrials 2
Things that might fight back 1 (I mean technically...the astero did have damage drones and a scram fitted ...but.... nah)

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +554 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

HurrDurrsDay

Anti Proteus Hard Counter
+1 mil +1 Dora

Sooooo.... i'm chasing a proteus around innu, he is scanning (not cloaked) but bouncing about, it appears he checks out a wandering hisec we have but i only see him on the way back so not there in time to catch him polarised.
Then he obligingly appears to warp to the sun after relaunching probes...?? i warp at 30 and sure enough he is sat still at 0 i'm 30km off i slow burn cloaked to see if i can creep up while he continues to scan

....25km have a look at him and i can't see any weapons fit?
......21km maybe my graphics settings are off?
........17km maybe hes a neut fit proteus? or the old smart bomb fit?
..........14km but why would he sit at the sun not cloaked?
............12km...???
..............11km, Oh yeah, by the way there is a random heron in system also scanning about but i'm more bothered about the prot obviously
................9km, hovering over decloak and ready to spam ctrl..... he initiates warp....arggahghtdsakhkfGKkASD!

to a sleep er anom, nice, he still hasn't seen me i didn't decloak, i warp at long range to set up a perch.
hmmm he's not here? no way i warp faster than him and he had the click headstart?
ahh he went passed to a data site, hmmm did he spot the heron?
anyway off i duly chase, and lo and behold... proteus is hacking cans?

this is the best trap ever but z kill shows his last 2 proteus dying in a ball of fire and dropping 700mil of crazy sentient drone controllers and ruby mithrall DDAs so i'm excited.
im at perch preparing to get him on the next can...5....4....3 wait what is that heron doing warping into the site ... 2... WAIT why is the proteus initiating warp?
WHAT, why has the proteus run away to the hi sec because of a noob named heron?? :crying face: : kick the cat: :table flip: :John McEnroe gif:

i go over just incase prot jumps back and polarises, but no such luck he never returns.....

heron, blissfully unaware, seems to have not noticed that there was a proteus previously sat right in the site he came to? and is now hacking away

step4: kill heron out of spite

TLDR I killed a heron,
rest of today is just a stress rant, and Bob was so angry gave no content for next 3hrs of looking

Scores on the Doors

Miners 2
Explorers 5
Industrials 2

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +555 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

TFIFriday

So i had social IRL commitments, lik egoing outside and everything on Friday night... so these are pre down time Saturday, that's still friday night ish..right?... it still counts

Oh, Hello o/
+4 mil +1 Miner

log on, make a fleet of one since mumble is empty and no one in ALI :(
undock in a helios to check what bookmarks and sigs have changed since the last person logged last night
Venture on d as my screen loads.
D scan says he is at an anom, warp at range cloaked, hes orbiting an nice chunky Arkanor... he thats ours no pinching!
book mark rock.
redock and jump in sabre
undock warp to BM
bubble up, pew pew pew, he tries to run, but hes AB and i'm WMD so Rclick keep at 1km to help my tracking and end his day before he is out of bubble
and pod for BoB

Its just like a rattlesnake
+37 mil

Another really quiet day in Jspace, especially for a weekend, "EvE is dying" etc etc.
all the extra weekend wandering connections are frig holes, so also a bit meh when not lots of people to do anything through.

finally my patience/determination/lack of want to go outside again/ finally pays off... i jump into a nice new C3... and sleeper wrecks abound :D... but no ships on D ... :(
big system so warp around for a look see.
Finally there he is o.0.. "please shoot me's* Rattlesnake" and an MTU he's active.
all annoms are gone so he's at a sig, sigh :/ so set about getting a 5° scan on the perp.
nice big sytem so once he is narrowed down i can drop probes of D and return
i'm about to get ready to hit the probe scan when the MTU is gone, then the Rattle moves ... grrr
its ok plenty of sigs, and he can't have seen me yet

but... dear readers, i'm sad to say Rattle waros off D not to be found? i give it 15 mins of bouncing, searching, praying... but nope :(
maybe he had alt eyes and saw me come in, or saw my probes far side vOv
either way i'm here now with probes out may as well scan down and see where is next.
just finish scanning (and by the way the rattle not only cleared all annoms but appears to have cleared 5 sleeper sigs on top... oh to have jumped 10 min earlier ... :table flip:) when a coecer shows on D.
We use them for salvage dessi's in WHC so maybe this is the same? sure enough i find him at a sleeper site and salvaging he's just about done so i follw him to the next, salvage isn't worth much so not much point being any more patient and waiting for him to do them all.
Drop a perch on my way in. warp to the wrecks he is sitting next to and quick pop.
He GF's in local and we have a we chat about what seen and timing and he say would have been a lot more interesting, but he doesn't want to bring the rattle back to try so i wave and leave

*names changed to protect the ones i can't remember :)

It doesn't appear to be a pvp Saturday and we don't even get a fleet fight later when people are on, but i did get a wetu depo BPC from a can so almost worth it?, maybe

Scores on the Doors

Miners 3
Explorers 5
Industrials 2

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +596 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

Its Saturday night, Dance, I like the way you move...

Pretty baby
+332 mil +1 Dora(ish)

I'm wandering through the pleasant lonely darkness when my meditation is rudely interrupted by an astero in a C2 i find him at a relic site and cat like pounce and engage the mighty threat, but.... he is core stabbed and warps away. rats.
To rub salt in the wound, once i've cloaked up and moved he goes back to the site and starts right back up knowing i can't hold him..grr.
I don't have any extra points in cargo to refit so not much i can do... when i spot a stratios, hmm, did he bring a friend and now the astero is bait.

I like it :)
as long as he doesn't have more friends :/ so i wait a while, spamming D to look for other buddies, bearing in mind they might just sit out side the hole and only come when i'm tackled anyway.
So its um and ah time as to what to do, i'm honor bound to take the bait, but what can i do to maximise my chance of a kill or escape?
all this time the strat hasn't bothered to de-cloak?
hmm maybe hes not with and he is looking for the astero too?

can i find him and check if same corp etc.

then ....poop - sleep small wreck.... poop - sleeper small wreck
he's... running sites in a Stratios?
appears so, find him at a sleeper site, grinding away.

"its Party time not one minute we can lose"

he has the laser disco show which is extra nice for me as means no neuts.
I wait for him to be on last rat and swoop in
"Be my baby"

in my rush to switch ammo during decloak re-calibration I miss click and inadvertently load scourge when nova would be better, something for next time.
but he's made a more fatal flaw, he put salvage drones out as he finished the site and now is recalling instead of abandoning to relaunch damage
when he finally gets some hammerheads out on me i'm way ahead in the dps race and i'm also thankful there are not ECM
he was actually tanking a little bit, (zkill suggest otherwise with total taken?) but with heat i chip a decent chunk of structure with every rep cycle an he goes down
GF, gets his pod away, but he has a analyser fitted so by Turtles rules he's going on the tally

"Dee dee na na na"

Astero still hacking ... would have been a lovely end if stratios had dropped a scram in loot :lol:

*** find the Easter egg in today themed AAR!!

Scores on the Doors

Miners 3
Explorers 6
Industrials 2
Things that might fight back 2

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +928 -730 WOOOOT were back in black baby
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

Sunday No Funday

spend few hours camping a Golem and some of his industrial alts to no avail, they are buggering about in their POS but never go anywhere vulnerable, and Marauder would need back up ping, i hoped to catch a indy taking loot through our hisec as i had watched them scan it down and come and go in covops but nope.

so i go play KSP instead.
Better luck tomorrow

Scores on the Doors

Miners 3
Explorers 6
Industrials 2

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +928 -730
ImageImage ImageImage
Troven Smalvard

Captin's Log.. .yesterday?

Lights are on no one home
+1 Mil +1 sleepy Newbean

Have been distracted, told you, so just to keep the counter moving...

Eggs is only 4 from Jita so likely we will have a lot of new explorers jumping in, i go out through a hole on the other side hoping for something a bit bigger, but just a hacking Heron on some cans, but there are a couple of sets of probes in system, so maybe someone else is looking to.. its more fun to hunt a hunter so i wait a while..

sure enough a hound decloaks just of the heron so i swoop down and go for the hound, he manages to bounce just before locking completes, i'm really counting on him being so focused on grabbing the heron i get a few extra seconds grace but he is on the ball.

the heron not so much, he didn't move when the hound decloaked, and still hasn't moved now, my itchy trigger finger can't protect the newbro and he gets alphaed, still at zero velocity at abut 1km off

2 warp core stabs, so i wouldn't have been able to tackle him had he been awake, and shouldn't have had time to lock him anyway.
politely sent a message explaining a prehaps better method, links to wiki, and 2 mil to get anew ship and start again.
no reply to the mean bully :sadpony: so we will never know if he even saw the bomber i was trying so hard to rescue him from

all in all a sad day, especially as just missed out on a rattlesnake earlier in the evening as he had rescue friends land answering the call for aid as he was half structure.... next time!!

Scores on the Doors

Miners 3
Explorers 7
Industrials 2

Troven Death counter 1

Iskies +929 -730
ImageImage ImageImage