[AAR] Feroxen Defend E-UNI Astrahus

Nelliver Cadigal
Title: Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Feroxen Defend E-UNI Astrahus

Post by Nelliver Cadigal »

How about more ewar?

All in all a good experience when ignoring the loss of the citadel. But there is a certain level of satisfaction to be had when in a fleet with spot on professional comms discipline. (And I do like a good round of goofing around in roams and other fleets.)

Thanks to all participants and organisers. Will join again if time permits.
Image Image Image Image
Vladimir Antonovich

Post by Vladimir Antonovich »

Space Warfare Development wrote:If Akidagi system security changed from 0.4 to -0.4, we would bomb everything. Let me bomb the gate.
However, Akidagi is 0.4 lowsec, and the bomb launchers would not activate.
Bomb launchers can be activated in Wormspace, Nullspace, and Jspace. If it's in empire space (highsec, lowsec), it's a no bombs land.
Torpedoes forever, but no bombs.
Dash it all.
Ahhh, forgot about the Low Sec restriction on bombs. Yeah, Feroxen would definitely be better.
Laser Skaron
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Laser Skaron »

Ok, Logi Commander panicking here as I see the stats on this fleet.

We lost 13 Feroxes? 13 whole Feroxes? WHAT? HOW? WHEN? Guys please broadcast!

For the first minutes we thought we were holding splendidly and that they were not applying. The logi wing saw 5-6 losses during the whole fight, and we thought we were surviving really well. Up until the end of the fight when we were heavily outgunned and our reps would not hold (and we communicated that, all went splendid).

I've checked my combat logs. Half of those pilots never made it too my watch list. I've looked at the damage numbers in zkill and I find it horrible how many people died without receiving reps :(.

And it all felt so good during the fight. We were easily able to stay within optimal reps of the fleet with shield logi, positioning went well, Mike did a splendid job with calling broadcasts in the middle of the fight, and now I'm seeing that we let 6-7 other people die without even noticing...

Apart from that, I was anchoring during the fight, and for the newer logi bros who may not have noticed I did the following:
1) stayed at 40-50km at the start of the fight, roughly away from the enemy fleet
2) burned in closer when we noticed we could tank, stayed at 20 for most of the fight, because we could
3) called for prop mods on a bunch of times, asked everyone to keep them on during the entire fight (I set my speed to about 80% so the other pilots could keep up)
4) we got primaried at some point and was having a hard time keeping transversal > I changed piloting tactics to fly underneath the fleet instead of "directly away from the main enemy blob" - a few enemy ships started landing at awkward angles above the fleet, below was safest, also easier to manually pilot in the horizontal plane only.
5) mostly manually piloted using Q-movement (the shortcut key that let's you fly to a fixed point in space), then was double clicking in space once we got below the enemy blob.
Mike Kingswell

Post by Mike Kingswell »

Laser Skaron wrote:Ok, Logi Commander panicking here as I see the stats on this fleet.
Apart from that, I was anchoring during the fight, and for the newer logi bros who may not have noticed I did the following:
1) stayed at 40-50km at the start of the fight, roughly away from the enemy fleet
2) burned in closer when we noticed we could tank, stayed at 20 for most of the fight, because we could
3) called for prop mods on a bunch of times, asked everyone to keep them on during the entire fight (I set my speed to about 80% so the other pilots could keep up)
4) we got primaried at some point and was having a hard time keeping transversal > I changed piloting tactics to fly underneath the fleet instead of "directly away from the main enemy blob" - a few enemy ships started landing at awkward angles above the fleet, below was safest, also easier to manually pilot in the horizontal plane only.
5) mostly manually piloted using Q-movement (the shortcut key that let's you fly to a fixed point in space), then was double clicking in space once we got below the enemy blob.
Just watching you (and rewatching - thanks to Chris's Video :) ) piloting LogiWing around is eyeopening for new logibros like me! Also you always explain your stuff - which is really great!
Alumnus, Teacher
Image Image Image Image Image
Glasi Vookto

Post by Glasi Vookto »

Great to see that the LSC finally decided to spread its wings and move out in search for content. Dropping a citadel in Akidagi is definitely a bold move, and while it's bound to generate a lot of content (as you saw) I very much doubt you can hold onto it long enough to stage out of it or call lt home. Unfortunately the current meta in the game is that every ragtag alliance has a capital fleet nowadays and they're all looking for a "safe" opportunity to use them. So, unless you have a capital force of your own or have a big batphone handy, you will be a prime target for such alliances looking for easy frags in their shiny toys.

My advice is to stage from an NPC station in the nearby systems like Nennamaila or Enaluri so that you have access to the whole BR warzone while nobody can evict you or endanger your assets. If you want to drop a citadel for fun and content, do it, but mark it as already lost and don't keep assets inside.
Tiberius Auduin
Title: LSC Officer, Wanted by Fashion Police, Lieutenant Junior Grade, Graduate

Post by Tiberius Auduin »

As E-war FC, I did not do my job well. We were expected to neutralize carriers, and with guards on grid, we had 17.8% chance of jamming them. With links, it came to my observation that less than 1/10 jams was successful, we couldn't meaningfully impact the logi and I lost motivation. My apologies, fellow Meg Griffin's.

Next time definitely should make a separate fleet, set up custom broadcasts and maintain whisper discipline.

I'm very glad most of you enjoyed the fleet though.
Union Pivo
Title: LSC Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Union Pivo »

i was the sole Keres pilot on this fleet and had quite a bit of fun.

Took me a while to come up with not shit shield keres fit, but looking back most of the time i was outside logi range so i could have used armor fit.

Even though i only had 2 damps It seem to really irritate their guardians, so i was often shot at, and had to reposition constantly, (and stay away from that loki with his webs). Was pretty fun, didn't die, could probably use 2 more keres pilots.
De W Javqe

Post by De W Javqe »

I was on the fleet! IDK why I'm not on the roam member list, so could you edit that? I was in a ferox, just letting you know.
PvPer that still stays in HSC.
Image Image Image Image
Zoltan Irvam
Title: Teacher, Freshman

Post by Zoltan Irvam »

De W Javqe wrote:I was on the fleet! IDK why I'm not on the roam member list, so could you edit that? I was in a ferox, just letting you know.
Hi,

I think this is the AAR from a fleet on Aug 6th, not the one yesterday (Aug 14th).

Zoltan
De W Javqe

Post by De W Javqe »

Zoltan Irvam wrote:
De W Javqe wrote:I was on the fleet! IDK why I'm not on the roam member list, so could you edit that? I was in a ferox, just letting you know.
Hi,

I think this is the AAR from a fleet on Aug 6th, not the one yesterday (Aug 14th).

Zoltan
Oh Right...

That makes sense, but why isn't there a date then?
PvPer that still stays in HSC.
Image Image Image Image