Mike Kingswell
Phileas Levesque - Celestis
Pink Kondur - Augoror
Toma Heleneto - Tormentor, Punisher
Won Trild Trild - Rupture, Rifter
Zoltan Irvam - Augoror
averoth trojan
zusake Stetille
Form up was rather smooth and quick. thanks to all people helping and averoth having access to the gifs! thanks averoth.

Kills and Losses

Emma seems to have been active in Kinakka, killing a Kestrel before fleet.

(19:07:24) Kinakka
Kestrel +7.51m

We got baited on a Gnosis at sun, brick tanked one, cyno went up apostle came through, we briefly switched to apostle, but decided that we don't want more stuff incoming, so finished the gnosis, it worked... we tried the apostle, but after his shields went down, we found out we don't have enough dps. tengu came in, omen navy came in, tempest came in, macharial came in, talos came in, while we were not breaking anyone i asked for help and help arrived in an armageddon and a small gmva group. initially confused by grid, we shot the enemy talos down, gut than shot a hecate tust arrived at Thema Same time, which turned out to be gmva... mistake acknowledged we had to warp off by the messy grid, landing on the tempest again... we went for it again, and everybody warped in as well, this time with the armageddon on grid (thanks emma <3) we were able to break tempest, but lost tackle on apostle, which warped off and we were not able to find him... machariel got away as well... well, was a fun fight, with undesirable result. our four new logistics pilots did very well, lost 2 cruisers and two frigates only... top job. i assume the rupture was lost due to no broadcasts or due to being too far away, because we started the fight split up across all ranges....

(19:39:51) Renarelle (20 min fight lol)
Rupture -14.56m
Gnosis +53.6m
Tormentor -8.22m
Atron -4.1m
Vexor -21.09m
Punisher -7.54m
Talos +129.35m
Tempest +228.06m

Ersin got a vanguard in to tackle and kill some salty guys. well done on tackle side.

(20:41:48) Akidagi
Enyo +46.75m
Jaguar +52.65m

Those two guys got tackled in a medium and we killed them.

(21:09:04) Kedama, Hikkoken
Catalyst +14.94m
Cormorant +1.1m
Slasher -1.68m

Poked some guys in Tama, and a pandemic horde trasher griffin gank, but they didnt want to play. so we went home.

This is after we called it a night.

- Ged left earlier, but got caught on his way back home alone.
- We also lost a rifter with loot on the stacmon gate in ostingele, which should (1) not happen, (2) not happen, (3) not happen

The loot was faction repairs from the tempest, it was told that loot shall be contracted to fc and furthermore you are jumping out from a gate camp and should by no means ever get caught by any lock in this situation ...

(21:28:48) Ostingele, Aldranette
Rifter -42.96m
Arbitrator -30.32m

Stats
ISK Destroyed: 533,955,438.44
ISK Lost: 57,452,180.8
ISK Delta: 476,503,257.64
Efficiency: 90.366%

Overall evaluation
  • rather quick form up + averoth helping with gifs
    good fights by weekend warriors
    fast response by emma and gmva <3
    we have 4 great new logistics pilots who did an amazing job
    adrien coming down from NSC to fight with us
    for the first mallers since a long time i guess, it wasn't really bad
    low numbers: we did have 4 logi, 3 neut ships, 4 frigates and only 4 dps cruisers (that's way too little to dps down anything, hence 20 min fight with weekend warriors)
    we shot a gmva hecate by accident, luckily he didnt die, please ask for fleet invite next time
    due to low dps we also had little tackle, hence ships got away
    please trade the loot to FC next time as it should be done, or at least don't loose it in this way (i don't want to start monitor the fleet log for loot, thanks)

We didn't die this fleet and made it back home by a miracle it looks like. We were talking about another cruiser fleet soon.

PS: Apparently no one in Uni wants free ships... i gave out 1 cruiser i believe and 3 alpha punishers if i am not mistaken...
Ged Sinak

Re: [AAR] NoP Amarrian Armor Cruisers

Post by Ged Sinak »

It was a fun fleet, I enjoyed our fight with the Tempest, though it was infortunate that we were unable to keep the Apostle tackled on the gate. During the first fight I died in my Atron since I was being stupid and wasn’t aligned to a celestial. Looking back I should have been aligned so I could warp out when I started taking damage.

I ended up having to leave and pass my scouting duties onto Adrien due to some irl stuff. Sorry.

When I was alone and coming back, I decided to attack a flashy vagabond on a gate. I thought I would have been able to take it down, but he had a few friends who warped in. In hindsight, I should have just gone home, I was greedy. I tried to de-aggress and jump back through the gate, but they took me down only a few seconds before I could have jumped and warped to a safe.

In the end though, PVP is fun and any loss is a learning experience.

Fly with you soon,

Ged
Retired Personnel Officer| Retired NSC Combat Officer | Retired Teacher | Retired FCC Staff
Slowly falling asleep to the ticking of the monstrance clock.
Zoltan Irvam
Title: Teacher, Freshman

Post by Zoltan Irvam »

Hi,

thanks for a blast from the past but new experience in Eve - I had my share of keeping folks alive while staring at lifebars while healing progression raids in other MMOs - not so different here...

Maybe should train into T2 logi ships...

Zoltan
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Alexander Oromov »

Cheers guys, glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Ged, Vagabond's are generally pretty nasty. He might have been able to take down a T1 cruiser himself. Well, next time we are in a group, we might try again.

Zoltan, good work on the logistics, was really happy with you guys.

Forgot the "fleetback" as always: FCC Feedback Form
Gyrgon
Title: Mentor, Sophomore

Post by Gyrgon »

Zoltan Irvam wrote:Maybe should train into T2 logi ships...
that is always a good idea =) Logi love

I wish I'd had time, hopefully for the next one.
HSC | NSC | (Solitude) || Former Mentor | Former SRP Staffer

Feeling lost or overwhelmed? Request an E-UNI Mentor today!
Phileas Levesque

Post by Phileas Levesque »

It was a nice fleet, and a good learning experience for me.

As I said at the end, the pace was slowier than with frigates fleet, and for a pvp-beginner like me, it was easier to understand what was going on. I'm close to think these kind of fleet is more newbro-friendly than with smaller ship.

I was piloting a Celestis for the first time, and I really enjoyed the ship. Coming from the Maulus, this 4th dampener is really welcome and make the difference !
I don't know how experienced-Celestis pilots proceed, I had 3 dampeners with targeting-range script, and one with sensor-resolution script. I applied 3 range-damps on a target, then the scan-resolution damp on it, and then switched the 3 range-damps on another target. I used this on the Tengu, the ONI, then the Tempest and the Machariel when they got on grid.

The bad point is it was quite cap-hungry with my skills on a long fight like this one. Maybe downgrading dampeners from Tech 2 to scoped version ?

I had difficulties to figure how far were my dampening targets from my fleet mates, and it's an important point with dampeners.
Q: Is there a way to center the tactical overlay on an enemy rather then on your own ship ?

The other bad point is that my presence only enhanced our already strong defense, and we needed more dps instead.

I think my damps disturbed them a bit, but can't be sure. They try to primary me, but I was saved by logies. Thank you logies :)

And thank you Alexander for this fleet. The orders were clear and given with calm. I'm very disappointed we didn't die before the end :wink:

Q : Maybe we shouldn't have headed home "at best speed" at the end as we lost someone this way ?

Will come back for sure !
Alexander Oromov

@Phileas

It was a nice fleet, and a good learning experience for me.

thanks phileas, glad to hear that.

As I said at the end, the pace was slowier than with frigates fleet, and for a pvp-beginner like me, it was easier to understand what was going on. I'm close to think these kind of fleet is more newbro-friendly than with smaller ship.

it is definitely more forgiving if you have some staying power and can experiment, train, and evaluate the grid around a slow-paced environment.

I was piloting a Celestis for the first time, and I really enjoyed the ship. Coming from the Maulus, this 4th dampener is really welcome and make the difference !
I don't know how experienced-Celestis pilots proceed, I had 3 dampeners with targeting-range script, and one with sensor-resolution script. I applied 3 range-damps on a target, then the scan-resolution damp on it, and then switched the 3 range-damps on another target. I used this on the Tengu, the ONI, then the Tempest and the Machariel when they got on grid.

i see what you were trying to accomplish there and i approve the thought. weather it has worked depends on the range of the targets, but I assume it did work here and there, because the ONI for example did dive in dangerously close a couple of times. I can only think of one reason to do that, which is to get in target range and pick of our frigates.

The bad point is it was quite cap-hungry with my skills on a long fight like this one. Maybe downgrading dampeners from Tech 2 to scoped version ?

generally i don't fly t2 ewar on t1 ships. first because of cap and second because scope are not too far away from t2 bonuses/range.

I had difficulties to figure how far were my dampening targets from my fleet mates, and it's an important point with dampeners.
Q: Is there a way to center the tactical overlay on an enemy rather then on your own ship ?

with your celestis you should have been anchoring on your fc and be able to see the same distances as we did. in regards to your damps, you could note the effective strength of 1,2,3 or 4 damps activated on target, i have an excel sheet for this. and it helps to roughly calculate how effective/disruptive my ewar is and how many of my modules should go on a hostile ship

The other bad point is that my presence only enhanced our already strong defense, and we needed more dps instead.

i was overly optimistic about the numbers we'll get. :) so we did have less dps than needed. not your mistake

I think my damps disturbed them a bit, but can't be sure. They try to primary me, but I was saved by logies. Thank you logies :)

And thank you Alexander for this fleet. The orders were clear and given with calm. I'm very disappointed we didn't die before the end :wink:

Q : Maybe we shouldn't have headed home "at best speed" at the end as we lost someone this way ?

Will come back for sure!

looking forward to fly with you gain as well

cheers
Pink Kondur

Post by Pink Kondur »

Gyrgon wrote:
Zoltan Irvam wrote:Maybe should train into T2 logi ships...
that is always a good idea =) Logi love

I wish I'd had time, hopefully for the next one.
I was flying logi aswell this fleet (first time logi anchor, did not too terrible IMO) and have some considerations about T2 logi:
1) Training time for flying T2 logi is one thing (for me like 40d atm), but flying them good probably requires twice or three times that. For me, this is quite a lot of training time to commet to at this, mostly since i don't know if i like logi enough to commit this kind of training time. Granted, cruiser V is probably not wasted training time...
2) T2 logi hulls cost like 300M, which is probably brings the price of a 3 logi squad to twice the rest of the fleet's combined cost. Add the "don't undock what you can't afford to lose" mindset to that, I would not be comfortable flying a ship in an otherwise T1 cruiser fleet.

Please note that these are merely my personal thoughts about the situation, i can see viable options for T2 logi in a different environment.
Zoltan Irvam
Title: Teacher, Freshman

Post by Zoltan Irvam »

Hi,

yes, the fleet we had was probably not a good opportunity to take out T2 logi - too expensive in regards to the rest of the fleet - especially so in an environment where a lot of adversaries can escalate quite a bit and we can't.

But I have some ideas where I could put a Guardian or Basilisk to good use and I'm training racial cruiser V anyways atm (iirc only Minmatar to go)...

PS: You did great as logi anchor, Pink!

Zoltan
Alexander Oromov

General guidance: T2 cruiser logi for T2 cruiser, T2 BC or all BS fleets.

And it is more than worth it, but only if you like to fly it. It's not a thing with our current comps and most probably won't be a thing in future.