[AAR] Guerrilla Caracals and Ospreys - 2018/07/29

Vladimir Antonovich

[AAR] Guerrilla Caracals and Ospreys - 2018/07/29

Post by Vladimir Antonovich »

We formed up a travel fleet in Stacmon and headed to the Open House wormhole. After reshipping into doctrine ships and dealing with a few technical difficulties. We set out at 18:30 from home base and landed our first kill inside an adjacent wormhole. The Dominix was trying to roll the hole; we popped him when he jumped into the wormhole.

+291M Dominix

We were off to a good start but it quickly became even better: Analiese caught a ratting VNI. But wait - there's more! A Nidhoggur landed on grid and Analiese quickly transitioned to tackling him while Xivik Skord kept the VNI tackled. Our two Sabre pilots, Union Pivo and Taqukaq Agayar, kept the Nid locked down while Analiese resumed tackling the VNI. We exempted the Nidhoggur from life. Naturally, we took the VNI kill shortly after.

+1,695M Nidhoggur
+3M Templar I
+3M Templar I
+3M Templar I
+103M Vexor Navy Issue

We kept roaming after this kill and didn't find much. I made the decision to keep going for another 20-30 minutes - we had one pocket to clear before returning home. The pocket yielded a VNI kill. He was a little salty that we killed him. Salt is good.

+135M Vexor Navy Issue

By this point we had rustled TAPI's (Test Alliance Please Ignore) jimmies. Analiese scouted a large fleet of Lokis + Interdictors + Support headed our way. They managed to cut us off. Many Unistas perished.

-24M Caracal
-20M Osprey
-13M Caracal
-13M Caracal
-29M Caracal
-23M Caracal
-14M Caracal
-20M Osprey
-33M Caracal
-66M Capsule
-5M Capsule
-28M Caracal
-30M Caracal
-20M Capsule
-46M Capsule
-99M Sabre

But quite a few of us survived. We came out ISK positive on the fleet.

ISK Destroyed = 2,233M
ISK Lost = 483M
Net = 1,750M
ISK Efficiency = 82.2%

Fleet Participation
Spoiler
Main Line
Alexander Oromov - Caracal
Avrin Dennard - Caracal
Derby Dank - Caracal
Devoros Vyndiver - Caracal
Glenn Firehair Ohara - Caracal
Knaero - Caracal
Krintar Blaeth - Caracal
Lexara Ellecon - Caracal
Metti ar Virksen - Caracal
Mhzentul Lafarius - Caracal
Pest Hibra - Caracal
Retired Slacker - Caracal
Sagittarius Griffins - Caracal
Sembaphil Sarmandari - Caracal
Truditu - Caracal
Vladimir Antonovich - Caracal
Wokum - Caracal
averoth trojan - Caracal

Scouts
Analiese Aubernet - Malediction
Xivik Skord - Malediction

Tackle/Bubblers
Union Pivo - Sabre
Taqukaq Agayar - Sabre

Logistics
Zeon Alabel - Osprey
Archemide - Osprey
John Jones - Osprey
Jonathan Wolf - Osprey
If I've missed anyone, please let me know and I'll double check.

Overall evaluation
  • Great turn out and some good luck with the carrier kill
    Fleet responded to commands very accurately and timely
    Tackle and bubblers performed their roles very well
    Open House members helped tremendously with setting up the wormholes and everything went smoothly
    Form up and organization took a little longer than ideal (we undocked 30 mins late)
    I made the wrong call to keep the fleet going - we could have left with 100% efficiency with 100% fewer balls of fire
    I need to learn more about nullsec regions and play a more active role in assigning routes to scouts
Please feel free to add any other criticism or feedback. I'm sure I've missed lots of things.

Thank you all for coming out and a special thanks to the people that helped organize this event. We will do another in the near future. Look out for Guerrilla Caracals and Ospreys Part II!
Alexander Oromov
Title: Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Sophomore

Re: [AAR] Guerrilla Caracals and Ospreys - 2018/07/29

Post by Alexander Oromov »

It was a beautiful fleet with the occasional TEST Revelation on gate (right before we had to RUN for our lives).
Sagittarius Griffins
Title: Sophomore

Post by Sagittarius Griffins »

Twas a beautiful fleet with an obligatory semi-welp at the end. I had a blast
Krintar Blaeth

Post by Krintar Blaeth »

I had lots of fun on this roam. This was my first capital takedown. :) It is too bad we didn't make it out without so many losses (myself included), but I'll say we certainly ruffled some of those TAPI feathers. The chain of bubbles they laid down trapping us on our way out was a fun way to get taken out. It was a flight for my life and I felt it was a good way to go.

One question: How do I make my way back to the wormhole that has my travel ship?
Vladimir Antonovich

Post by Vladimir Antonovich »

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

@Krintar Blaeth
Give me a shout in-game and I'll let you know what high-sec connections we have for you.
You can also join the Open House channel and ask whoever's online. I'm sure anyone around will be able to help you.