Post by Milja Itazura »

Defense Members:
Spoiler
Milja Itazura
Sakein
Jke Ven
General Killah
Satashi Tomeii
Ken Ozura showed up shortly after war started with Kill You Aga1n. He was spotted in Jufvitte a couple of times before he caught a Retriever in a lucky warp just as the Retriever landed on an asteroid belt. The alarm was sounded and a handful of HSCers headed to Amygnon.

Retriever -24.23m
Capsule -50.27m

Sakein was the first to arrive, but fresh off a combat site in a PvE-fit Drake. More Unis arrived just as the Drake was being finished off by Ozura’s Hecate and exacted retribution.

Drake -53.03m
Hecate +67.89m

Ozura quickly reshipped into a Drake and carried the fight back to us. Unis formed a piecemeal response before we realized he had an alt repping him. He got a hold of an uncloaked Astero sitting at Amy gate (apparently afk) and quickly devoured it. Ozura then caught a Vexor on the Juf side of the Amy gate, but as Unis rallied to the Vexor’s aid Ozura’s alt (flying a Proteus) seemed to keep him topped off (lowest he got was half armor).

Astero -155.47m
Capsule -111.32m
Retribution -50.80m
Vexor -17.39m
Vexor -17.45m

Lessons learned:
- War Target handling around HSC should not be met with our rendition of Little Kids’ Soccer. I was the fleet boss at the time and I did not properly coordinate to bring everyone to bear at the same time, in part due to my inexperience (this was only my third or fourth PvP action ever) and in part due to us being constantly reactive to someone being aggressed. We’ve also learned that Ken Ozura likes to travel with his alt/minion Tirie Inatasha, so be on your guard if you see her around. Overall good content, though I’m not thrilled about the efficiency. Ah, well...that’s why you keep us industrialists around, right? ^_^

Stats
ISK Destroyed: +67.89m
ISK Lost: -479.96m
ISK Delta: 412.07m
ISK Efficiency: 12.4%
Milja Itazura
"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

"Ha ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!'"

Current industry initiatives:

Beginner Exploration contracts available in 101

Gallente Starter Packs available in 101

Caldari Starter Packs available in 101

I'm also on the "Pretty Good Refine List"!
Endaras Oramara
Title: Freshman

Re: [AAR] Ken Ozura in Jufvitte/Amygnon

Post by Endaras Oramara »

Nice work guys for forming up and putting up a fight against his shenanigans.

An option for next time would be for someone to throw out a ping on slack and get some more numbers. There's probably people who'd jump online if they can, just for the pleasure of shooting at Ken :D
Christoph Patrouette
Title: HSC Logistics Officer, Personnel Officer, Breaks Things, Sophomore

Post by Christoph Patrouette »

What was the alts name and was he OOC? Never mind, apparently i can not read.... Good job nevertheless. :D
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

I normally wouldn't comment just about fits, but ooof. Those ret/astero fits are a bit questionable.
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

To elaborate a bit, on the retribution:

- It's role is a fast kiter, so 5mn/disruptor is good, but getting in (I presume) scram range of the drake is less good.

- T2 guns are incredibly important for damage projection while kiting, while a small neut is not. It is almost always advantageous to have a full rack of the largest possible beam lasers (small focused beam laser II).

- With regard to the lows: two heatsinks is the standard. If you want to run a rep, I'd recommend running the small ancillary armor repairer, as you won't be tanking primary damage (if you are, you're dead). The adaptive nano platings are less good.

If you want to run a full tank fit, I would recommend downsizing to dual light beam lasers or some variety of pulse lasers, running a 400mm plate, and probably running at max one heatsink then the rest of the slots as tank.

This split fitting continues into the rigs, where there is one energy locus coordinator - used for kiting to project farther - and one trimark armor pump - which makes you slower and worse at kiting.

I would recommend trying something like so if you want a kite retribution fit:
Spoiler
[Retribution, full kite]
Heat Sink II
Extruded Compact Heat Sink
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Initiated Compact Warp Disruptor

Small Focused Beam Laser II

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II

Nanite Repair Paste x8
Gleam S x4
Aurora S x4
If you want a tanky armor retribution for holding scram on something, the standard fit looks something like this:
Spoiler
[Retribution, Retribution]
400mm Crystalline Carbonide Restrained Plates
Assault Damage Control II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Adaptive Nano Plating II
Heat Sink II

Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Dual Light Pulse Laser II

Small Energy Burst Aerator II
Small Anti-Thermal Pump I

Scorch S x4
Nanite Repair Paste x50
Conflagration S x4
Imperial Navy Multifrequency S x8

The astero fit is slightly better, and looks like it was repurposed from an explorer to tackle. If you want to hold tackle on something bigger than you in an astero, I would recommend something that looks like this:
Spoiler
[Astero, *standard astero]
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Small Armor Repairer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I
1MN Afterburner II
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II

Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Core Probe Launcher II

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Small Anti-Explosive Pump I

Navy Cap Booster 400 x1
The lows are very similar, but the mids are different. The AB allows you to run it permanently as long as you have cap charges with both reps, and helps mitigate a great deal of damage through signature tanking. The cap injector makes you stable on both reps indefinitely, and scram/web seems self-explanatory.
Milja Itazura

Post by Milja Itazura »

An option for next time would be for someone to throw out a ping on slack and get some more numbers. There's probably people who'd jump online if they can, just for the pleasure of shooting at Ken :D
I'll keep that in mind. The phone I have Slack installed on is currently at Apple for repair, and I hadn't yet thought to install it on the loaner phone they gave me. Also, had I thought to do it, I would have been mindful of the wiki's Slack page warnings against pinging for every Tom, Dick, and Harry showing up in Amy, which probably would have skewed my thinking away from pinging.
Milja Itazura
"Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius."

"Ha ha ha, you fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is 'Never get involved in a land war in Asia,' but only slightly less well-known is this: 'Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!'"

Current industry initiatives:

Beginner Exploration contracts available in 101

Gallente Starter Packs available in 101

Caldari Starter Packs available in 101

I'm also on the "Pretty Good Refine List"!
Xafen Katapi

Post by Xafen Katapi »

Milja Itazura wrote:
I'll keep that in mind. The phone I have Slack installed on is currently at Apple for repair, and I hadn't yet thought to install it on the loaner phone they gave me. Also, had I thought to do it, I would have been mindful of the wiki's Slack page warnings against pinging for every Tom, Dick, and Harry showing up in Amy, which probably would have skewed my thinking away from pinging.
You wouldn't ping in the batphone channel, but one ping in the PvP channel would be perfectly appropriate for this sort of thing.

Something like "Wartarget in Juff engaging HSC members. Fight ongoing, enemy _____ currently in Drake, need reinforcements. Join HSC standing fleet for more information."