[AAR] Shoot the management

Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

[AAR] Shoot the management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

Big thank you to everyone who came it was a really nice turnout
special thanks for the two FC's Union Pivo who looked after the blap fleet and Conci Furiram who looked after the naughty nestors

so back in Sat Apr 07 was when i first started putting this one together looking for feedback and suggestions from management and to observe interest, we bounced idea's back and forth as to what ships we should bring to make the fight last longer than the normal 5 min's a shoot the management provides and someone suggested nestors so in my overly optimistic thoughts that we would get destroyed i was like sure ok lets do that as it will provide some nice killmail and a bit of fun for people ye I may have underestimated both how many managers would take the time out of there day to show up and also the pure power of nestors. Side note the organizing part leading up to the event was not an easy task for sure

Some stuff I did to organise for this was where to have the battle to get an fc for both sides ok conci was kinda nominated but union pivo was very good to step up last minute for this and i feel did a very good job , I did cycle threw about 4 fcs before union was good enough to jump in but real life last min took them out. so myself I wanted to host this originally in low-sec to give people much more options on what ship to bring and perhaps a 3rd party to show up and out right murderise us all cause i am weird and would find that amusing but to avoid 3rd party's we settled for hi-sec and thus that is the reason for stacmon being the staging system. Slays was then picked by me since we where doing it in hi-sec so the fleet would not have to go far to get in position.

Since the birth of e-uni this would be the first time the management side has not died in a ball of fire and somehow managed to win, so guess well done even tho my goal was for us all to die oopsie.

Anywho on to the fleet fight itself.
Despite what the killboard would suggest these two engagements where alot closer than they may seem,there was definitely enough damage to break the Nestor repping as we nearly lost 4-5 during the first fight was literally so close, was noticed that the damage was split at times so the full damage power wasn't coming threw but that is ok as it is also a practice/learning experience. it is speculated that the death of one or two Nestor would have caused a chain reaction of loss of cap and repping power

oversight on my part: Due to my huge faith that the management would die in a glorious ball of fire I did suggest for ewar to be left at home to make it a bit more interesting

Suppose one bit I am slightly surprised about was that there was no bumping that I noticed, Several days before the event I did suggest that we might be bringing remote repping ships and that an out of corp bumper would possibly be nice to bump someone away from the rep's then kill them one by one, shame that didn't happen as I would have loved to see that at least attempted.

during the second engagement it was unfortunate that I got jammed several times as I was actively providing reps for the other side <3

At the end I did throw myself for a sacrifice due to my goals of management dieing not being reached https://zkillboard.com/kill/70845300/

So all that I ask is if your able to give some feedback that would be awesome something along the lines of what you liked or didn't like , normally a shoot the management is form up for huge amount of time then 5 mins later all the managers are dead GG event over but this one lasted well past the time frame. so I am curious if people actually liked that the fighting lasted more than 5 mins or would have prefered the management to die in a ball of fire like they where meant too
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Tonk Omnom
Title: Manager (Titles), Crusher of Children's Dreams, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] Shoot the management

Post by Tonk Omnom »

Contrary to popular belief, I did not headshot the FC, and have ample proof to support my claim.

Exhibit A: The killmail of my alleged participation in the malicious injury of Union Pivo's property
Exhibit B: A written confession of the real culprit.

I rest my case.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turlough Dominian
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Manager (Events), Senior Personnel Officer, Spai Hunter Extraordinaire, interrupter, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Turlough Dominian »

O god tonk :P

ye forgot u evil people killed union , naughty managers
Retired Assistant Personnel Manager,Retired Director of special projects, Retired Assistant Guidance Manager, Retired Events Manager,Retired senior Personnel Officer Graduate,
Laura Karpinski
Quartermaster
Quartermaster
Title: Director of Alliance Services, Benevolent Overlady

Post by Laura Karpinski »

Undocked twice, did not die. Sorry, Turtle, you can't have my corpse.

This was fun, haven't flown a Nestor before so it was a nice cap-chaining 101 for me. I liked that it was more than a 5 second blapfest, personally. Though I would kinda have liked to die in a ball of fire the second round. You guys came super close to breaking us a bunch of times, pretty sure Dunar was snatched from the claws of death.

Apologies to De W Javqe, who I accidentally murderised after the fighting had stopped by not recalling my drones. Whups, I'm a n00b. But this was fun, lets do it again. Just give me some time to recover from the fright of undocking.
Former CEO of EVE University
Laura Karpinski of House E-Uni, first of her name, the undocked, Khaleesi of the Campuses, mother of unistas!
Hideo Date
Title: Personnel Officer, Jilo's New Personal Assistant, Sophomore

Post by Hideo Date »

Thanks for bringing us all together even though it didn't go as planned :)

Was a blast and nice to see so many people in space who had to first search where the undock button actually is :D

We gotta do a rematch after the summerdown is over!

Check out my blog at hideodate.WordPress.com

EX-Comms Manager and PO
Staberinde
Title: NSC Combat Officer, Sophomore

Post by Staberinde »

So, wait... The uni management team took out RR Faction Battleships against the rank and file (who were banned from using Ewar?)

I mean there are better ways to illustrate the modern political climate guys, cmon...
Yuri Levnik

Post by Yuri Levnik »

This sounds familiar... Ah, yes:
We decided to try to arrange a fight with the Filthy Peasants on the assumption they would not drop caps (again). They agreed to fight us and we made our way over. They had not told us their comp beforehand and I literally laughed out loud when our scout told me they had showed up in Nestor/Nestor/Dominix/Dominix/Loki. I mean, I am glad they came out, but I asked for a fight, not assisted suicide. A bit of quick math will tell you that 14 Caracals cannot break a Nestor's reps, let alone under Dominix sentries and whatever that Loki was packing.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"He's like a shark; a shark doesn't eat you because he hates you. He eats you because he's hungry and you're there." - Elihugh Beecher
Cryptic Sharvas
Title: Pochven Fleet Captian

Post by Cryptic Sharvas »

Fix the title for you:

[AAR]Shooting Fish in a Barrel :P

I wish I had been there, sadly I was occupied in real life.
Image ImageImageImageImage
Analiese Aubernet

Post by Analiese Aubernet »

I volunteer to FC round 2 in lowsec.
Jorj Onzo
Title: Sophomore

Post by Jorj Onzo »

Given how the management team conducted themselves, it should be expected that now is the time, in this forum, for the actual event. Who’s first?
Kontxesi Buchanan
Title: Assistant Manager (Events), Lieutenant Junior Grade, Mentor, Senior Personnel Officer™, Dislikes You, Events, Graduate, Management

Post by Kontxesi Buchanan »

Shame this didn't get run in lowsec where it would have actually been interesting, but I guess things had to be kept nice and snuggly for it to go as planned. Which it did.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Staberinde
Title: NSC Combat Officer, Sophomore

Post by Staberinde »

To be fair guys, it was clearly a fun event those of us out of Uni don't understand.

I mean just look at the pages and pages of replies by unistas who had a great time shooting their leadership.
Conci Furiram
Retired Director
Retired Director
Title: Fittings Staff, Doooooooooooooooooooomed, Graduate

Post by Conci Furiram »

Fight was very close both times. Props to Union, he knows how to stress RR battleship comps and used all tactics against us. There were many occasions where I thought we were done for.

First round: I asked for 1 ET up, 1 down, and 1 two down. Also had no drone bunnies. That used up 3 target slots out of 7 available to the Nestor. We barely caught Dunar and the non-Nestors due to the fast switches from Union.

Target primary were Logi that were too close, then bombers, before finally starting on Vexors. It was half-half in people catching reps and people blowing up. I hope the half of you blowing up got a feeling of how much earlier you need to broadcast.

Lesson: Do not waste target slots. Target management is brutal when you have to ET, Logi, and DD. I ended up using 2 for RR, 2 for DD, and 3 for ET. I was very slow at calling primaries and secondaries due to so many mental cycles in deciding who to unlock, who to rep, watching fleet window for armor broadcasts.

Second round: We were looking to wipe so Union called for sensor damps and ECM on the BLAP Vexors. Mgmt took to doing 1 up and 2 down so only 2 target locks were used by the cap chain. We also decided to use drone bunnies: Tonk and Hideo took up this role. (Since max of 50 drones per bunny)

The ECM was brutal to our cap chain. Comms was filled with chain breaking and people readjusting. With our Standard Mindflood running out for many, the ECM, and the scan res damps, we were having to use the cap boosters to keep reps going. Many even ran out of cap boosters before the end of the fight!

Target calling was to pop EWAR. Any time someone got a jam off, that person was broadcast and the bunnies would shoot them. After a while, I had to focus completely on chain and reps and I let the drone bunnies free fire.

I didn't consider that they would headshot Union :( I'm terribly sorry for that and I believe the Nestors would've wiped otherwise. We were out of Mindflood and cap charges and dealing with fast switches and jams.

Lesson: bring more than 1 unit of drugs. If using drone bunny, let them target call and/or FC.

Thank you everyone for coming out to this event. Special thanks to Union and Turtle. I know this was a great learning experience for everone, including myself and management. I've never FC an RR fleet in PvP and most managers had never flown in an RR fleet. I had great fun and several "sphincter clenching moments".

--Conci
Yrgrasil
Title: Solitude Officer, Ensign, Sophomore

Post by Yrgrasil »

Thanks for the Event, even if it was a bit one sided due to miscommunication and other stuff i have quite enjoyed the comms and i had a chance to train a bit popping drones in a slicer. Also it was nice to see that many people out doing something together.

For the next round the management should probably bring a plan b doctrine and/or we should ignore the rules and just bring ecm :D Or don't allow logi and FCs and thunderdome this out.
Croixant
Title: Manager (CCI), "The Most Interesting Man In The World", Graduate, Management

Post by Croixant »

It's been said before and it bears repeating it: it was a lot closer battle that the results show. There were a couple of times that it was obvious that if the students broke just one of the Nestors that would have spelled the doom for the management side.

It was a lot of fun and we should definitely do this again soon.

As a side note, remember that if you traveled to the HSC from another campus or community to participate in this event it will count toward your progress in the Cross Campus Initiative (CCI) progress!

Stay Thirsty My Friends!

Croix
o7

Croixant
CCI Coordinator