[AAR] HSC Mission Fleet - Sweet Revenge - 10/03/2018

Willow K

[AAR] HSC Mission Fleet - Sweet Revenge - 10/03/2018

Post by Willow K »

HSC Mission Fleet - Sweet Revenge

HSC Mission usually is a routine for a lot of people as they can do L4 missions alone but this Saturday was different!

First of all, we started with Level 4 at Amyngon and that was the last L4, we did. After we moved to Ellmay to do an Anomic Mission that wasn’t a bit challenge either due our fleet composition.

We did a small stop to Juf, to get Warp Scrambler (2) and Point (1) because we were heading to lowsec to do couple Level 4 and a three part Level 5. On our way, at Scheinnes, we found our friends Ken Ozura and his friends, we waved them and we continue our way but it seems Ken had a bit different opinion and he followed us so when we jumped at Lowsec, Ken jumped to his typical Hecate.

I couldn’t resist so, I asked everyone to lock and tried to alpha him that wasn’t possible but it was a good welcome for him. He brought another friend with Catalyst and next 2 systems, he tried to separate us on Gates but as we knew the trick, didn’t work so we moved on to do Level5 Mission with gate so I knew how to handle Ken, waiting outside, we landed at beacon and I asked everyone to stay on 0 (I have to give credit to LSC for this, as I learned how to operate on Faction Warfare sites and pick fights as fleet).

We started our mission and the catalyst slides in to check where we are, sadly, warp off, before I put a scramb to him. Ken leaves the system and after 5 mins, he is back with a Nightmare. I believed, he wouldn’t slide on top of us but he did together with Catalyst (Catalyst lasted 10 seconds). On his first try was successful to kill one of the four logis (even still don’t know how it happened as he didn’t have the DPS), we fought him but he manage to warp off when he went to armor, as he web/neut me as I was running one of the two scramb to him.

So he comes back for 2nd time, I was prepared not to let him warp out again, so when he lands, we scramb / point him and I push the fleet at 0 from Nightmare, they damage is minimum as we were to close but Moa / Caracal could apply the damage is needed so he slowly goes down, he tried same trick to run away with web / neut me but this time he couldn’t get out of 10km range to warp out and where my sweet revenge happens. Nightmare Explodes!

Small information for everyone, I was the first to die on Ken’s Hecate when he wardec University, couple months back with my hurricane, so this was a personal payback for me.

We went back to finish our three part mission (Level5) and after we found a Serpentis Logistical Outpost (6/10 DED). The Part 2 of Serpentis Logistical Outpost happened today (Sunday) but nothing good dropped.

I would like to thank our logistics that kept us alive on the battle with Ken’s Nightmare, they did a great job even they lost a member, they re-grouped fast and on second try, they did everything perfect.

Also everyone that kept their cool with the fight with Ken Ozura as I knew few people never fight a battleship before and on lowsec.

Osprey -11m
Catalyst +11m - https://zkillboard.com/kill/68616365/
Nightmare +744m - https://zkillboard.com/kill/68616617/

Sweet Revenge Squad:
Willow K / FC

Nelliver Cadigal / Logi LC - Anchor
Artor Beash / Logi
Quinn Sinjin / Logi
Alvy Deninard / Logi

Airsick Lowlander / DD
Owen Armel / DD
SteveHarrington / DD
Capt Steele / DD - Boost
Jon Somners / DD
D'ameni Holmes / DD
Marcel Eriker / DD
Endaras Oramara / DD

On personal note, this was the last fleet, I am running as Mission FC as I want to move on, its time other people to step up as last 2 months, I have been helping with it as FC or organizing it together with Capt Steele. Personal thanks to Capt Steele believing on me, to change the doctrine and also the freedom to do Level 5 (Lowsec) than usual Amyngon Level 4 Missions.

Willow K / FC
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Re: [AAR] HSC Mission Fleet - Sweet Revenge - 10/03/2018

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Good job !

Very good job on Ken's Nightmare. Nightmare's are very hard to catch but you managed to hold it until destruction. Also I think the logistics you lost probably forgot to activate its shield fields so it had low resist profile and combined with slow reaction time of the fleet may caused this loss.

If you are using logistics, be sure that you have your logistics friends in watchlist, and lock each time you are on grid, activate your shield fields/armor hardeners and sensor boosters, anchor on your logistics anchor and always watch the fleet broadcast history and remember to broadcast for repairs if you are taking damage. As a personal note I believe, Logistics and E-War is very intense roles in fleet, especially logistics.
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quinn Sinjin

Post by Quinn Sinjin »

This was my first time flying logistics, but contrary to the jokes I made in comms I actually enjoyed it. It definitely made for a more intense fleet experience, which on a mission fleet is not necessarily a bad thing (they can get a bit too easy sometimes). I would like to thank my fellow, more experienced, logi pilots Nelliver and Artor for their patience and sharing of knowledge, and also Alvy who reshipped and got back into the action like a pro; thanks you three, you made my first logi experience very enjoyable.

At the risk of making this sound like even more of an Oscars acceptance speech than it already does, I would like to thank Willow for shaking things up with the mission fleet and doctrine, for choosing to get some revenge and giving us all a a side order of PvP to go with the main PvE, and for generally stepping up and FCing. I hope I can catch a future fleet with Willow as FC as while they are always intense they are also always a lot of fun.
Airsick Lowlander

Post by Airsick Lowlander »

As always - great time with Willow as FC. I know a few folks were a bit new to overheating and burned out some modules during the PvP portion of the night.

Willow did a great job actually making sure we caught the Nightmare (and not playing station games), sitting at 0 inside the mission pocket tanking the rats, as well as getting a few of us to refit to scrams and points.

The Caracals with long point (I was one) nearly got alpha'd off the field and the Logi did a great job keeping folks alive.

I was running RLML so hit the Catalyst then defanged as much as I could the drones of the Nightmare and then got on the Nightmare.

10/10 FC would fly with to the ends of New Eden.
Nelliver Cadigal
Title: Sophomore

Post by Nelliver Cadigal »

Excellent fleet/event.

As for the loss of our Osprey - I could only react with a significant delay because I had all reppers on other fleet mates and their cycles would not end. I think our opposition was able to exploit that in parts.

Also excellent spotting of the spike in local on the second day and initiating our retreat while fully intact. I was fully engrossed in shield statuses of my fleet mates and the timings of my repper cycles and did not notice.

Some thoughts:
While I think that the original idea of the mission fleet is still relevant for all the reasons often stated at the beginning of the fleet (in any doctrin) I think this was an excellent idea to get people a step further. Logi was that bit harder while not overwhelming and all had to be switched on a bit more. We should advertise and do this more often (but not always - as I said the original idea of the fleet is still relevant).
Fantastic team work and vibe in the group would fly with all you any day.

Thanks to ALL of you!
Image Image Image Image
Bethany Cartharsis
Title: Ensign, Freshman

Post by Bethany Cartharsis »

Sounds like I missed alot of fun with you guys. Wish I wasn't away for a new job. Congrats Willow and the crew, well deserved!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk