[HSC] Content Hunters

Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

[HSC] Content Hunters

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

"Never not chase the content"

It began with hopes of Confessor Vulfpeck fleet to run C5 Wolf-Rayet sites, evolved into Gas Huffing fleet until we got poked by a Tengu! Then formed for hunting Tengu, but while Tengu was leaving a Rorqual and Archon made us thirsty for blood! We camped gate in lowsec in between and then ended up running activated gas sites and 1-2 combat sites before we reship again into huffing ventures. I don't know how to name this fleet and/or AAR but content hunters seems good match since whatever the content is we were there to catch :D

Chapter 1: Finding a map to burried treasures

I was just flying around the region with my Astero and scanning down signatures to fill our 500 bookmark limit so WHC can start being salty again ( :lol: ) and found a C5 Wolf-Rayet connection in Loes. The more I scan and map the system and connected system the more I smile! Lots of gas sites and several nullsec connections that we can use to do PvE and/or PvP, and of course the riches hidden in the form of C5 W-R combat anomalies. A proper Vulfpeck fleet can earn tens of billions from a C5-C6 Wolf-Rayets! However there was one bad news, there was another connection in that hole that goes right into another C5 that is occupied by LAZERHAWKS! They are pretty competent wormhole capsuleers and dangerous to have as neighbours but we could just manage to escape if we have a proper scout of course.

I pinged HSC #Slack to form a fleet of Confessors and Guardians (what a dream eh? :lol: ) but it seems high-skill pilots are now in game and we have to form a fleet of T1 ships. Here I was getting ready for BLAP Vexors and Augorors but we were short in numbers as well. So the fleet formed into a gas huffing venture fleet! I was disapointed since we coud not earn billions from combat sites and I am not experienced in gas huffing. But there is always first time, right!

Kelle volunteered for picketing and rest shipped into gas huffing Ventures.
Tom Endares
Min Nashira
Xanid Zakhar
Kabal Vaille
Savannah Tokila
Kranamor Andedare
Ersin Oghuz (FC)
Kelle Damage (CovOps Picket/Scanner)
Owen Armel
We mined some gas before Tengu apperead 80km away from us and we fleet warped to exit wormhole right away. Up to this point we mined around 140 million ISK and docked up in Loes to discuss what to do. I saw very eager pilots to take down that Tengu. Tengu in a C5 W-R is either bait or flying coffin so we decided to take it anyways. If we get blobbed by Legions and Proteus so be it, but at least we need to kill that Tengu! We travelled back to Amygnon to reship into BLAP Vexors and Augorors.

Chapter 2: Content is running, we are chasing.

Well, while we were reshipping into Vexors and Augorors, Kelle, our great picket reported that she lost the Tengu at one of the null sec connections but she spotted much more valuable thing a Rorqual! Well Rorqual vs BLAP Armor Cruiser fleet.... Hmm yes it will be very close call but we can just try for the sake of it and if we tackle it, we can call for reinforcements ! (See, I am just trying to create a reason so I can use campusbatphone! Evil, eh? )

While we finish our preparations, Kelle said something in mumble that makes me think "she is mad or on drugs?", she reported that Rorqual jumped into C5 Wolf-Rayet! She might be daydreaming but still she was our heroic scout so I took her word for it :D We launched the fleet and travelled to Ouelletta.
Capt Steele
Devoros Vyndiver
Edwin Clough
Ersin Oghuz
Erwin Madelung
Ford Andedare
Jacob Velora
Kabal Vaille
Kelle Damage
Klue Pythious
Kranamor Andedare
Nuefrau Simalia
Owen Armel
Savannah Tokila
Sone Eto
Tom Endares
Weadj
Xanid Zakhar
Zako Maken
We had good stock of Vexors, 4 Augorors and several snowflakes in Bombers, Dictors and etc as requested! It was a good composition to hold tackle at least while reinforcements arrive i believe ( I was holding my finger on campusbatphone! :P )

But then Rorqual was out of d-scan and Kelle reported that she has no eyes on him anymore. Disapointment again but there was hope still since Kelle also reported Archon and Thanatos ratting in Nullsec so we may try our fleet in there! Everything was going so fast and I decided not to go to Loes for now while Kelle was trying to locate those capitals and we set a gate camp in Ouelletta!

While I was giving newbro speech there again the fleet was instructed to tackle anything that jumps in!

Well, 20 minutes of gate camp and we killed an unfitted Megathrone, an Imicus and Proteus with Polarized weapons!

Battle Report : 544.11 million ISK kill

And we took off and travelled to wormhole when Kelle reported that Archon jumped into C5 with a Purifier alongside!

Then the next 30 minutes was all about locating that Archon to engage but we could not engage since he managed to escape before we locate him and bubble him with our dictor (piloted by Capt Steele)! The system was huge (around 110AU) and it was hard to locate him before he dodges. I was also not experienced about how to catch a capital so probably I made mistakes there that I was not aware still.

So we were waiting at the connection while Kelle was trying to locate him, but we waited some time and I decided to get the Vexor and Augoror fleet inside the C5 to run sites to bait that ship onto us. I kept Bombers and Dictor in Loes so they can jump in when Archon take the bait. Archon never took the bait. At some point we thought that he was warping to Nullsec connection so I warped the fleet there and called the dictors in, but he was not warping to there. So our ships were seen on d-scan and Archon just decided to leave for good while we were trying to locate him.

Chapter 3: We could not shoot capsuleers so why not shooting sleepers

So we decided to clear gas sites from sleepers and then run couple of combat sites before we decided to reship into Huffers again.
Capt Steele DD
Devoros Vyndiver ??
Ersin Oghuz DD
Erwin Madelung Logi
Ford Andedare DD
Jacob Velora DD
Kabal Vaille DD
Kelle Damage Scout
Klue Pythious DD
Kranamor Andedare DD
Nuefrau Simalia Logi
Owen Armel DD
Savannah Tokila
Tom Endares Logi
Weadj ??
Xanid Zakhar Logi
Zako Maken Scout
We gathered around 315 million ISK from blue loot and reshipped into Huffers again :)

Chapter 4: Huff that gas

Another shared can led by Jacob Velora this time and fleet gathered nice chunk of valuable gas !

What was good ?
* Formup was good, we had decent number of pilots for several activities
* Enthusiasm of the new capsuleers!
* Two shield fit ships joined the fleet but in general we were all in doctrine ships!
* Logistics was right on spot! They saved us from death by sleepers!
* Kelle's contious scouting! She scouted for hours!

What did we learn ?
+ I learnt how to activate gas sites and when the sleepers warp in
+ New capsuleers were introduced to fleet actions
+ New capsuleers were also introduced to wormholes, gas huffing, gate camping in lowsec

What could have been better ?
- I was inexperienced about how to catch capitals so I probably gave bad decision while trying to catch the capitals. I need to learn how to tackle them efficiently and tactics.
- Fleet comms was not that bad this time, it was better then we used to have, but we could be better :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Budda Sereda
Title: Manager (Fittings), Mentor, Lieutenant, Graduate, Management

Re: [HSC] Content Hunters

Post by Budda Sereda »

Good job Ersin!
Yuri Titov

Post by Yuri Titov »

HSC tackling caps and using dictors?? What is going on? :D
ImageImage
Ersin Oghuz
Title: Campus Manager (HSC), Caw Caw, Ensign, Teacher, Graduate, Management

Post by Ersin Oghuz »

Yuri Titov wrote:HSC tackling caps and using dictors?? What is going on? :D
Normal day in HSC :lol: :P

Capsuleers are eager to take any chance for content and challange :)
"In Blasters I Trust"

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage